SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is very clean and lean, personally as anon technical person I would not know why I should use this Site.
    My suggestion would be to provide:
    Information about the nature of the analysis: What exactly will be the output and how will the output help me. Describe how your analysis will help me build a better site.
    Include examples of how to use this information, the analysis output seems very bland --> include ranking criteria of how important the information is for which needs and tips on how to improve certain factors
    User Reviews are a great way to capture the interest of potential users: show some on the frontpage

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree, design needs a lot of improvement and a decent logo is also required, at first it looks like one of those server pages without content.

Hope it helps

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Your site seems very good in the actions it is doing, but appearance wise it should improve. You cound include the home, about etc in the banner itself,

But one thing i notices in your site is there is no ambiguities. you have only one option and it is being done.. straight forward.. In future i think the design will be like this now we are getting so much difficuilt to get functionalities since each web site is crowded with thousnd of functionalities...

ok just improve the design...

Vipin
    <snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Jun 15, 2012 at 04:43. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonberry, shopitpress, callvipin really thanks for your review and I agree witn your point of view, I'm really grateful to this site and you because I'm begining to understand a lot of things that before I just ignored and I agree about the lack of effective logo... and a good help about analysis, really thanks
    p.s.
    How many times should past before number of people visiting a site begin to grow, according your experience?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site, way to go buddy. I liked you site very much. But there are few things on which i would like to draw your attension:

1. I clicked on the Anchor Text "How Many Visitors", but nothing happens

2. It would be great if this site can show details of number of incoming and outgoing links.

Regards
    Pamella

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Page speed is less and Your site has CSS errors and it also has XHTML errors.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. One thing I noticed is that some of the details in the query results do not display any data and the boxes appear empty. it would be nice to have a message in those boxes to show why the information was not retrieved. Also make the logo clickable so that you can "reset" the page, people are used to clicking logo to start from scratch

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I go through your all details, It would be more conceptual and more attractive with its logo. But, I think you need to do more work on content and more information as well. Home page will be the best attractive part, So you have to more work on home page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi i have visited your site and just checked one of the url and and i find out it is very useful particularly for the webmasters .
    but one thing i just want to mention about this website is that it is lacking in content , i mean it is having a thin content u must add some extra functions to the websites homepage, only homepage is lacking content.If u add some more things and navigations to the homepage such as articles based on the webmaster tools and other things and put this tool not as a main but optional then these articles will become the source for traffic to the website and when someone visits your website through those articles which point towards the webmaster tools then no chance for that visitor to leave without using this tool.
    but still great work by you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concept is vete. ry very good and attractive. I like your site very very much. There are some problems with the opening of the site. I can not open the site couple of times. Please check this thing.

But there are lot of scarcities of information.there are very less information in about tab.You shold increase information.The homur epage is very short which is not looking so good.Please make your site more professional.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry maybe I'm too lazy to search for but I didn't get the "purpose" of your website (on the homepage) within 5 seconds. Maybe you should make your UVP clear on the homepage with a big headline or banner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This site is like the all usual search engine homepage
    but the text "Tools for webmasters and web designers, site analysis and website info, javascript and css beautifier" it's more like an error report to me, because it's not blending with the background and there's not have css too at that text
    Light access website after all..cool

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mydiscogr View Post
    Hi, I've just finished (still in beta) my new site,

well the problem is to drive people inside, so I made some post to service such as reddit etc.
    althougth the feedback on google analytics is good just after these posts,
    after a day visits go down soon... and my site still have 2 or 1 visitors

so according your experience it is my site "not really useful" or just ok at the beginning...
    any suggest/experience are welcome

site is http://www.webmaster-toolbox.com

thanks
    Hey, I tried.

Why do you determine most analysed website? That has got nothing to do with any users who want to query more information about a particular site. Perhaps, you can add in more features such as SERP?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a nice simple design but there are some flaws,

1. You cant click enter to submit the form which is really annoying.

2. When I put in www.google.com or google.com I get Page Found. Prolly because you only support http:// and not https://

3. The share buttons are in just a really bad spot.

4. You could give more useful details about page like if it's gzipped or not.

5. The logo should be clickable and should send you back to Home.

Thats about it. If not well done.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of the site. I actually just found it very useful. If you are looking for something to improve, I would say the menu (at the very top). It looks very plain and ordinary.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally like your site and the whole idea. In my opinion you should add more information about the site on your homepage. You might consider adding a How-it-Works page, in order to give your users a fair idea on what they can accomplish by using this site. Few places where you need some work:

1. When I clicked on “how many visitors”, nothing happens
    2. It showed me incorrect hosting service provider. My site is hosted with Justhost but it shows Blue Host
    3. Your logo should be clickable
    4. Add more functions such as ability to analyze Alt Tags, backlinks checker, page rank checker etc.

All the best!
    Get iPhone to Computer Transfer Tool - Transfer iPhone Files (Voice Memos,
    Music, Videos, Photos) to computer and vice versa with ease.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good site but needs some desining to make it attactive

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one of the biggest problems I had with the site was your homepage didn't make it clear why I was on your site. I think if you included more content showing the purpose of your site, it would help uses know why they were there.

Also, I'm not sure if you are catering to American users or British users, but in the US "analyse" is spelt analyze. "Analyse" is only spelt that way in the UK, similar to Colour and Color.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple, to the point: I like that. I call it "less is more".
    I have bookmarked it to try it out when I've got a moment.
    On the downside: the text itself could do with some correcting.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It falls somewhere in between minimalist but also very basic. I would put in a clear design and integrate more modern HTML5 and jQuery based items on the website. The development on the website should have many different smooth sliding items. But the color should be more minimal.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When entering a url into your site's search box, most people just click enter to get the result. But pressing enter doesnt do anything, you have to physically mouse over to the start button and click on it.

The orange header is a bit overwhelming. Orange is a great color to get people to click on a call to action, but looking at it for too long will hurt your eyes. I think a soothing blue may be a better idea. Blue also denotes trust, integrity, and relays that you are a very business like website with sound data. Orange makes the site look a bit "loosy-goosy". I don't know if people would trust any data provided by a site with an orange header. LOL. (I know it may sound stupid but it's true.)

It seems like you're trying to use the same color format as cubestat. And your actually linking to them, my problem with that is once someone goes to cubestat, they are unlikely to return back to your site. (They have a bit more info than you.) If you do link to cubestat, make it so that the link opens a new window. (This way people wont forget about your site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

Your site is looking great, clean and simple. I like the colors you used and logo looks good.

You should make a better "Start" button (you could add a glow effect around).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Your site!!Good luck!

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    OK guys, this thread has done its dash now.

Thread Closed