Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need feedback for my classifieds site

Hi,

I am looking for feedback on my classifieds site which allows user to post free ads of their products/services.

All feedback are welcomed negative or positive.

website url: www.zubera.co.in

Thanks in Advance

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some points need fixed:

The website is slow to load.
    On the homepage there are two videos that are on auto-play so you get a horrible ad noises as soon as you go on the site.
    There is a horizontal scroll bar which isn't necessary.
    The website also has an advertisement which fills up the whole screen and directs you away from the your site.

SitePoint Enthusiast WebOutGateway's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't link the pop-up advertisement that appears on your website. Since your website is already a classified ads, I think a pop-up ad is not really necessary.
    Witness how bright ideas transform into your website needs.
    Visit and connect us now for your
    Mobile Application Development requirements.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone pointed out already, the website takes FAR too long to load, I've a fast connection and it took an absolute age. Consider getting rid of those videos. I hate sites which auto load vids too, a huge no-no for me. Plus I got a pop up prompting me to download a plugin - I'd have closed your site at this point. It just looks spammy

Also it's quite cluttered up at the top left there.

Other than that I suppose there's only so much you can do with a classifieds site

good luck!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all replies.

@barricades: I have put multiple ads for making my site looks attractive. Some of the ad companies are displaying video ads instead of text ads that is making my site slow.
    I'll get in touch with those advertisers to put text ads only.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow and a bit cluttered but has potential

Appearance
    • The first thing I noticed is that the logo does not match the rest of the site. I am not a designer so I can't really offer any meaningful advice on how to change it.
    • The icons for the categories are a good idea and they look pretty nice. They successfully separate the list of subcategories and are easy to recognize.
    • The long lists of subcategories make the site a bit cluttered. Try using a 10px padding instead of five in your '.home #main .categories .category li' selector.
    • I noticed that you recommend using firefox at a certain resolution for viewing the site. I tested your site in Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer 9. It worked perfectly in the first two, and I don't think it would take much to get it to work in IE either. IE's market share in your target market (which appears to be India) is still pretty high, about 20% (see http://gs.statcounter.com/#browser-I...-201104-201204).

Performance issues
    • I have a very fast connection and your site took 5.64s to load on in my browser. People with slower connections will experience much worse load times.
    • The browser made 154 requests while loading it which is way too much. By reducing the number of requests by using CSS sprites and combining JavaScript and CSS files, you may achieve much better performance.
      Here is a great article about CSS sprites: http://css-tricks.com/css-sprites/

Ads
    The huge pop-up ad on the site is very annoying: http://imgur.com/vNlw6 I think you should get rid of it.

All in all, it looks like you have put a lot of work in this site and with some fine-tuning it has the potential to become quite nice and usable. Good luck!

SitePoint Enthusiast Mediaplay1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the website in general from the top: the ad at the header is jammed up to the log in menu and Facebook icon, Some templates suck for ads! and yes the Logo doesnt quite fit, perhaps just make letters bigger and of different font, I think that would work well. Now when I head to see more offers I get a very spammy pop up for a download I have a hard time getting out of for a download, that can send someone off very quickly, I would choose ads that dont get slammed in your face and/or make noise. I know you will make a hundred changes over time, Just one thought I Made a real nice header using Fireworks and made another using Label Maker Deluxe as a final header, it worked great for adding small photos and text, it filled up the header real nice ;O) Great luck to you!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the replies balazsbotond and Mediaplay1.

@balazsbotond: I am working hard to speed up my site to load. I am also reducing the requests that are being generated at the time of page load.

@Mediaplay1: I'll work for the header section using tools i.e. Fireworks and Label Maker Deluxe suggested by you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I followed the link and was surprised to see some pop-u ps and banners offering some prizes and all. I quickly closed the page not to catch viruses. Sorry, but there was no need to ask to have a look at your website for you to get the money!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wiggling pop up ad and the flashing banner ad are very annoying. They make me uncomfortable and want to leave the site. The items in the header area are crowded and a little jumbled looking. Try adjusting the left margin of the grouping that's to the right of the flashing banner so that they have an even left border.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. I took a look at your site, and I think that (1) you have it organized well. It would be easy for me as a consumer to find a product/service I was looking for through a quick scan, and I like that. However, I do have a couple of things that I didn't like...(1) the automatic video or audio clip that plays as soon as the site opens and I cannot stop it. That is a little irritating; and, (2) there was a download/play box that came up from the bottom and took over the screen prohibiting me from clicking on the site without going to another. Those were the only two things that I saw that I would change. The site loaded ok for me. It wasn't really slow or anything when I tried it. I hope this helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    website down.... and I guess you using free classified source because I saw it some dude was using it for different website and same **** as yours.... I dont know what do you want to review about it....?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took a long time to load, and then it was like: "What site? All I can see is adds destroying my view?" - Honestly, chill out on the ads for starters, regardless of the type of site

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats whats I mean as well, but he need to make it more friendly like I said above.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should reduce the ads for now and try to increase the traffic, it can take around 6 months but would be worth a wait. You would not be able to earn anything if you do not get traffic, even if you fill up the whole site with ads for an income.
    Secondly your titile says "Free classifieds in US UK India free ads real estates: Zubera" You would hardly get US and UK traffic on a ".co.in" domain. Try targetting india before you get to the US or UK.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

I have started working on reducing the load of ads from my site. Soon, it would get rid of all pop-ups, video ads and bulky ads that take age long time to get loaded.

I am also looking out for my site if it is safe from all kind of sql injections and cross scripting.

TIA

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have done a lot of changes in my website.
    Would like you guys to have a look again and provide your valuable feedback on new look and feel.

Thanks a lot.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    constructive criticism...

First the advertisements that come up along the load need to go... maybe keep one iPage advertisement on the right hand side that way it isn't blocking all your content. Then I keep getting lost with so many different advertisements on the page... You should definitely work on building traffic first before jumping into advertisement aspect.

Second... Since of direction seems a bit confusing... Not sure how well your html skills are but possible consider taking the location section that is on the right hand side of the page and making it into a drop down menu that allows you to scroll through various states (similar to how you have select category). This would definitely take some of the excessive words off of the landing page.

I notice you said you made some updates.. but based on the other feedback I am seeing for your site I don't feel you incorporated any of that into your updated version... You should definitely apply the feedback you are getting here because I am seeing the same suggestions over and over...

Other than that I really like the website idea and the images your used for each category.

One question though.. do you have a about page or any information for your viewers to gain a sense of credibility? If so I cant find it and mite want to relocate that at the top of your landing page.

Look forward to seeing your updates and best of luck!

-webitized

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how website looks over all. the one thing though, I would reduce the ads

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Folks,

I've added some attractive Facebook features to my website i.e. Recommend, Send, Share, Subscribe.

http://www.zubera.co.in

I would appreciate to have feedback for the same.

Thanks

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Gotta say, the ads and stuff that appear over the site are horrible. That stuff makes me run a mile. Before I was turned off by those, I did think it would be nice to have some kind of introduction to the site—and some kind of call to action. Just presenting me with a list of links and no explanation is kind of underwhelming. You need to sell your site a bit, so to speak.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your site need times to load...this is the first problem.you should work on it.
    frying twiteer is good.
    concept is also good.
    thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Anuj Garg,

I really like the idea and concept of your website. Your site is well organised. But there are some serious things to consider.

Why did you choose "co.in" type domain? Now it would be hard to attract visitors residing outside India. The most important issue that needs to be addressed first is loading time of your site; it is taking too long to load completely. People with slow internet speed gonna suffer badly. And after the loading those advertisements are enough to turn off anybody. These ads will give you nothing but a good bounce rate. Before generating revenue using these advertisements, you first need to focus more on generating some good traffic for your site.

There are some good images on your site but the logo is somewhat dull, so en-hence it too. You should add about page to your main navigation. If not then add some introduction text on the home page of your site. That's all from my side. Hope it helps! All the best!
    Get iPhone to Computer Transfer Tool - Transfer iPhone Files (Voice Memos,
    Music, Videos, Photos) to computer and vice versa with ease.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the idea and concept of your website is really good, very attractive. Your site has nice design and content and it is well organized. You can do a lot of improvements like:
    Someone with very fast connection needs too much time to load your page you should think how to improve the load time of the page. I don’t really like your domain name, if you can do something to change it (I mean to find another one, it could be a nice improvement). Furthermore you should work for a webpage available to all important browser in the market and not only for some specific browsers. Your logo needs improvement, a new one with a very attractive design will be the excellent solution. Also, the pop ups is not something good in the webpages, I will suggest you to avoid these kind of features. At the end, you should manage with a better way your videos, they should be more friendly to visitors.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly I'll say I think you've done a lot of things right, the categories are nice and clear at the top, and I like that it also lists the latest items so they're easy to view.

However, my main observations for potential improvements would be:

1) The load times, as mentioned, are pretty horrific.
    2) Again, as mentioned, the adverts that pop up have to go. As does (IMO) the banner in the top right that folds down like a page - try and keep adverts clear and simple, and make them fit in with your design/layout.
    3) The twitter button that flies around, damn... again, pretty horrific (sorry)
    4) Being fussy, the logo looks slightly dirty, almost like it's been compressed badly?
    5) Again being fussy, the footer image isn't big enough for the footer - it repeats and looks a bit strange

Good luck with the site