SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist MobileBadBoy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need someone with both IE and NS (4.7 or 6.0)

Ok, this is definitely not a critique design wise, this is simply a request. I just wiped all my drives (and replaced one) and do NOT care (at this point) to put NS back on my computer (and everything it brings along with it).

If someone could check this page on both IE (the way I see it) and then either NS 4.7 or 6.0 (or both) and let me know what, if anything, is wrong I'd appreciate it.

If I could get a screenshot of a problem (TABLE wise) or a solution I'd appreciate it. I know alot of CSS might not work (at least in NS 4.7), but I'm more worried about alignment with tables, that's why I ask of someone with IE too, so you can see how it's supposed to look.

I've already seen it in Opera 6.05.

The site is unfinished, but the main content area, that table is already defined, so if it isn't messed up now, it wont be. I'm assuming anyone who steps up has IE 5 or IE 6, if not, then upgrade and don't bother.

And if anyone is curious how I see it, let me know, if that helps in giving a proper assessment. I'll take a screenshot and post it here. (I run IE6, so it shouldnt look much different for those running it).

http://thewaltdisneynut.com/testsite/test2.php
    Shawn Kerr .com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks identical in Mozilla (which uses the same rendering engine as Netscape 6) to how it looks in IE, give or take a few pixels in some of the table widths which really do not nmake any difference. It works just fine in Netscape 4 as well.

Here's a tip for testing: Download Mozilla. You can test in that instead of Netscape 6/7, and unlike Netscape it is a very unintrusive install (it doesn't add anything you don't want, doesn't set itself as your default browser unless you explicitly tell it to and generally behaves itself extremely well). It is also painlress to uninstall - you just delete the Mozilla directory and it's gone.

Even Netscape 4 can be installed without problems if you go through the install screens and very carefully check all of the install options before clicking "Next". It may be a lousy browser but if you want your sites to work in it you really need to be able to test in it.

www.mozilla.org <-- grab version 1.2beta, it's only a 12 MB download and if you give it a chance you may well find yourself using it instead of IE for most of your browsing (I have a very high conversion rate among friends who I have given a five minute Mozilla tutorial to).

Cheers,

Simon

SitePoint Evangelist MobileBadBoy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

I guess I could go with Mozilla. I've had it before, but never used it, so never thought about reinstalling it.
    Shawn Kerr .com