SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review www.allwikilyrics.com

Hello all! I have just launched a new website www.allwikilyrics.com
    The goal for the website to create a database of all lyrics in all languages
    We use wiki engine so there is a same principle to create pages. All can add their favorite artists and lyrics
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, what do you want us to review? You are using the standard Wiki design, which is good because it doesn't confuse people - but by that I'm guessing the idea is what you want reviewed? In that case, I suppose it's not a bad idea, but you would have to get a very active community in order to be able to compete with some of the "more established" lyrics websites out there.

Best of luck with it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by behati View Post
    Hey there, what do you want us to review? You are using the standard Wiki design, which is good because it doesn't confuse people - but by that I'm guessing the idea is what you want reviewed? In that case, I suppose it's not a bad idea, but you would have to get a very active community in order to be able to compete with some of the "more established" lyrics websites out there.

Best of luck with it
    You are right ) ... I wanted all to review the idea ) and may be to add some artist and lyrics ... I hope I will get a strong community to compete with other lyrics websites. But I have not seen any other lyrics websites in other languages!
    I guess it should help to increase the popularity of the site that it is allowed to edit pages without registration )

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I love the idea of a lyrics site that is ad-free, because a lot of the top results for lyrics pages have tons of pop-ups. I hope you have a lot of success building the site.

I went in and edited the general rules page and the how-to page without changing any content or meaning; I just made some changes to the flow of the language. There were some typographical or spelling errors and a few places where the directions didn't make sense. I did notice that several of the steps in the how-to section had elements have repetitive content. You might want to isolate each step so that each one gives separate information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J in Calgary View Post
    Hi,

I love the idea of a lyrics site that is ad-free, because a lot of the top results for lyrics pages have tons of pop-ups. I hope you have a lot of success building the site.

I went in and edited the general rules page and the how-to page without changing any content or meaning; I just made some changes to the flow of the language. There were some typographical or spelling errors and a few places where the directions didn't make sense. I did notice that several of the steps in the how-to section had elements have repetitive content. You might want to isolate each step so that each one gives separate information.
    Thank you so much ) ... English is not my native language and I didn't use it for a long time ) except internet!
    I appriciate you for that and all who takes part at the project.
    Idea is also to make a website without any pop-ups and advertisment!
    Thx so much!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see much too review here. You are using a standard wiki design.

I like the design, and that's maybe because i'm used to wikipedia, but not very unique website.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is just a standard wiki as mentioned before, wich is good for a wiki, but imo i wouldnt rather look at a more colorful website, I find it pretty boring with grey.
    And actually I don't think people bookmark a lyricssite and thereafter go in there and seach for the song.
    People normally go into google and type the song + lyrics and often pick those huge lyricssites, those who comes first in the list.

It would take a lot, I mean a lot of encouragement from you to get a site like that to the top. It's almost as taking another example of Facebook to the same level as Facebook, do you get what I mean?

It's not just that you make the site, and whola. 500 000 look your site to find lyrics. You'll have to put down VERY many hours.

Be prepared, nothing is impossible.
    Good luck if you see this as an oportunity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose you could change the design a bit, the colours and maybe add some nice CSS3 effects. Since it wouldn't change the structure of the site people would still be able to figure it out, and it would let you get away from the standard grey wiki site.

SitePoint Enthusiast Mediaplay1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very unique website ! I find it very easy myself to find what I am looking for and it looks very professional though it does look like a standard wiki encyclopedia, changing the welcome line so that it stands out would be a plus i think

Copy and save the lyrics for reviewing anytime seems like a very good idea with this site, I may use it myself at times, it looks like you have a lot of work a head of you but should certainly get a lot of traffic in my opinion

Even though people use you tube for there search it is not like this site, I think this can be much more useful than any other for many in the music industry as many songs are hard to find on other sites for just lyrics. Good luck on this great site!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for kind words. I appriciate all of you especially if you would add a couple of your favorite lyrics to make the databaste bigger )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnwpts View Post
    And actually I don't think people bookmark a lyricssite and thereafter go in there and seach for the song.
    People normally go into google and type the song + lyrics and often pick those huge lyricssites, those who comes first in the list.
    It's not just that you make the site, and whola. 500 000 look your site to find lyrics. You'll have to put down VERY many hours.
    Be prepared, nothing is impossible.
    Good luck if you see this as an oportunity.
    Thx for comments ... Of course I don't expect that tomorrow I get 500 000 visits ))) or that all webusers start to edit pages, to add artists and their lyrics ) But I hope that someone will start to help me ))) ... there is also some advantage that I am not going to advertise there like it does wikipedia )

Quote Originally Posted by behati View Post
    I suppose you could change the design a bit, the colours and maybe add some nice CSS3 effects. Since it wouldn't change the structure of the site people would still be able to figure it out, and it would let you get away from the standard grey wiki site.
    As soon as traffic will be increased there will be an opportunity to choose skins )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all! There are some updates:
    1) Now it is possible to add video from youtube to all lyrics page using specific template
    For example http://www.allwikilyrics.com/index.p...Fields_Of_Gold
    Now you can see lyrics watch and listen to the song. I have just started to add videos to some pages that I have already created
    2) I have updated a serach ... if you try to type "Sting" to search bar then there will be a pop up with possible pages of this singer. So you can quckly follow to a page of some singer
    Hope you like it and join this community

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for positive comments!
    There are some new updates:
    1) Now the infobox can be implemented to the artist's page which makes the page attractive I think
    2) All registered users can add favorite songs to favorite list and save it there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to be in its early stages... But as you continue to build I can see some potential... One thing you may want to consider are something that grabs the viewers attention for viewers who stumble upon your site such as images and what not... just keep at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiliate Noob View Post
    It seems to be in its early stages... But as you continue to build I can see some potential... One thing you may want to consider are something that grabs the viewers attention for viewers who stumble upon your site such as images and what not... just keep at it.
    Yes it has just started ... so I hope that this project will have some future!