Hi,

I felt that I needed to answer some questions to defend the bible. I suggest that you grab yourself a Bible so that you can open up to certain chapters, because I will be referring to a lot of them from the Bible.

I challenge everyone that has any doubts about the bible, to go to the chapters and see for yourselves.

-----------------------
Elledan
Why should we trust the bible?
Where comes the bible from, anyway?
-----------------------

There are several reasons why we should trust the Bible. That is a very good question, though. The big reason that I believe the bible is because of the fulfilled prophecies. I list three of those hundreds of prophecies that have been fulfilled below, that can be found in the bible.

For example, Daniel (the prophet) predicted at about 538 B.C. (Daniel 9:24-27) that Christ would come as Israel’s promised Savior and Prince 483 years after the Persian emperor would give the Jews authority to rebuild Jerusalem, which was then in ruins. This was clearly and definitely fulfilled, hundreds of years later.

Ezekiel 37:22, Isaiah 11:1, Luke 21:24 and several other chapters, predict the restoration of the Jews to the land of Israel as a true nation in the latter days. For almost 1,500 years this seemed utterly impossible, and yet we have now seen it fulfilled in our own generation.

More than 300 prophecies were fulfilled by Christ Himself at His first coming. Other prophecies deal with the spread of Christianity, as well as various false religions, and many other subjects.

Yeah there are other prophecies from other people like Jeane Dixon, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, and others like them (which are pretty vague), but only the Bible manifests this remarkable prophetic evidence, and it does so on such a tremendous scale as to render completely absurd any explanation other than divine revelation.

Another reason to believe what the bible says is the striking evidence of divine inspiration found in the fact that many of the principles of modern science were recorded as facts of nature in the Bible long before scientists confirmed them experimentally. A sampling of these would include the roundness of the earth (Isaiah 40:22), the law of conservation of mass and energy (II Peter 3:7), the hydrologic cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7), the vast number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22), the equivalence of matter and energy (Hebrews 1:3), the law of increasing entropy (Psalm 102:25-27), the paramount importance of blood in life processes (Leviticus 17:11), the atmospheric circulation (Ecclesiastes 1:6), and many others.

The remarkable structure of the Bible should also be noticed. Although it is a collection of 66 books, written by 40 or more different men over a period of 2,000 years, it is clearly one Book, with perfect unity and consistency throughout. The individual writers, at the time of writing, had no idea that their message was eventually to be incorporated into such a Book, but each nevertheless fits perfectly into place and serves its own unique purpose as a component of the whole. Anyone who diligently studies the Bible will realize that it can’t be explained by chance.

I strongly believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God.

------------------------
Elledan
With this Noach guy and the flood, how can there ever have fallen more water than there was first on earth?
------------------------

There are couple theories on this subject. Some creationists say that the earth was like a “Green House”, in that the waters that were held up by the sky were released onto all the earth, causing this worldwide flood.

------------------------
Elledan
Evolution

no matter what you say about evolution, it is the truth. Yes, an amoebe can develope into a cow. No problem at all. It only takes a few billion years, but it has happened.
------------------------

A lot of people are starting to believe this, and in fact a lot of teachers are teaching that evolution is a SCIENTIFIC FACT. I bet that most of you don't know that there is a significant number of scientists today (undoubtedly numbering in the thousands) who either reject the theory altogether or who regard it as a still unsettled issue.

I am hear to tell you that that no theory of origins-evolution or special creation or anything else-can possibly be scientific. "Science" means "knowledge" and by definition means that which we actually KNOW concerning the facts of nature and their interrelationships. The very heart of the "scientific method" is the reproducibility of experiments. That is, if a certain process is observed and measured today, and then the experiment is conducted in the same way tomorrow, the same results should be obtained. In this way, by experimental repetition and verification, a scientific description of the process is eventually developed. Since it is impossible for us to repeat the supposed evolutionary history of the world and its inhabitants, and since NO human observers were present to observe and record the supposed evolutionary changes of the past, it is clear that evolution in the broad sense is beyond the reach of the scientific method.

Take the last paragraph however you want, but don't deny the facts.

I am not going to reply to some of the previous posts, just because I don't feel like I need to. If you are going to look for so called "errors", then you are obviously going to find them, no matter what it is.

Obviously some of you don't know Christianity that well and are just bashing it for the hell of it, trying to make us look like we are idiots or something. I sure don't think any of you guys are idiots at all. I think everyone in this thread is very intelligent.

I hope this doesn't turn into a flame, because that isn't what I am trying to do. Like I said earlier, I am not trying to offend anyone.

Chris Roane