User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Voucher Code Site

I have just designed a new voucher code site. After looking for vouchers myself i was always presented with the "click to reveal" banners and no real information.

Take a look and tell us what you think of the layout and quality of informations

Every Voucher Code | Latest Voucher Codes | Online Voucher Codes

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok so I am assuming that in the UK they are called voucher codes. Here they are called coupon codes. I would use your site if it came up in a search engine when I look for voucher codes. I like that there are a lot of links. I would appreciate if I would go to a page like the A's and I could see without clicking on it if there were active coupons without having to go back and forth. The second thing is something I appreciate from www.retailmenot.com is the "did this coupon work for you?" button. that helps me decide if it's worth a shot or not.

Don't know if this is helpful to you or not.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this site except two parts:
    1. the search link is open new page, it will sometimes make user try to close(think it's other pop up or something else)
    2. there are two many coupons on one page, it's hard for people to review, also it's not good for your SEO(if you concern it), right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the color you have used are red, my suggestion use blue or some other color.

red color significants danger. Hope you understand!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that the site needs some more whitespace between the main sections. For example, the area where the letters are, could be separated by some blank area from what is above and below them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hate the red color, just like warning others.

should have more graphics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I;m on Linux with FF

I liked your site. You should consider changing the red with some darker color and/or change the links colors on hover. Otherwise the initial count of coupons is good.

Regards

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the site looks pretty nice. I can see how the red is perhaps too bright but I think some shade of red (maybe darker) would still work well.

These types of sites live or die by search engine results so I suspect you will have to spend most of your energy there and not as much on aesthetics. The other very important thing is to make sure that when shoppers do visit your site that your vouchers are good values and they work.
    Pricetack - sell your goods with automatic markdowns

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the site is nice, but the red makes the site look to spammer.. I would mix the colors and take out the red and add a blue, green and white in it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by freight guy View Post
    the site is nice, but the red makes the site look to spammer.. I would mix the colors and take out the red and add a blue, green and white in it
    i agree with this. the red is a little much.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I think the site can look better with a few improvements:

- You need to work on the logo. First, it seems you used a very low quality setting when saving the pound sign image in the logo. As the image only contains two colors, I suggest you use the GIF or PNG format for it, instead of the JPEG format. I think the text of the logo also needs to be improved (try to play more with fonts).

- I agree with others that the red color is probably too much in the design. Try adding other colors.

- I suggest you use a separator for the two columns on the front page, or at least leave more space between the columns.

- I think you need to work more on the header.

- Finally, I think you need to add more details to the design (try adding more gradients and stock icons).

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by stevie80 View Post
    I have just designed a new voucher code site. After looking for vouchers myself i was always presented with the "click to reveal" banners and no real information.

Take a look and tell us what you think of the layout and quality of informations

Every Voucher Code | Latest Voucher Codes | Online Voucher Codes
    The red and yellow colors are to impacting. Make a balance between colors, it doesn't look professionally design. It doesn't have to be professionally design in my opinion, in my experience being clean and the more clutter you can remove the better. Look at all those squares at the right with content? Are you feeding the Panda? If it doesn't make sense to have it there, remove it.

Contact us with a re-direct to your email? There's no reason for that dude. Even if you may be low on budget or don't want to pay $600 for the best helpdesk support system online, get a professional support ticket system. I use two additional options other then Kayako for my own Adsense/affiliate sites; osticket.com and hesk.com. Free and professionally design. Oskticket is my favorite and it's so simple. Download one of these, they'd make your business look better.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that the red is too bright and quite painful to the eyes, may I suggest to darken the red, overall looks good and well layout

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - I'm not sure about the click to "view code and visit site" - I know you're doing it to force a cookie, but it's not a great user experience?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fungibilis View Post
    I like this site except two parts:
    1. the search link is open new page, it will sometimes make user try to close(think it's other pop up or something else)
    2. there are two many coupons on one page, it's hard for people to review, also it's not good for your SEO(if you concern it), right?
    I really, really agree with the second point. To much ... to crowed. You should think changing somehow the first page.
    Also the font on the header ... to big. Just a little big lowered.

In rest the site is quite ok.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!

The home page is just so full of info that its hard to see the wood for the trees IMO.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Sorry but more work needs to be done on your website.

Firstly, I felt a bit overwhelmed and overloaded with information, nothing stuck out for me. Note that most people on the internet have short attention spans if something doesn't hit there attention in a split second they will close their browser and look for a different website, it did seem like hard work to find whatever it is that the user may be looking for.

The logo is very basic (I could do that in 5 minutes on photoshop) and was pixelated on my browser (firefox?).

The red is a bit harsh can you darken this a bit?

A part from that however I think your website doesnt really need a major overhaul just some tweeking and it should look OK.

Cheers,
    Invicta

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you change new color (blue or green)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it reminds me of the coupons you get in the newspapers/magazines...

just too much info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your website is nice but you need to design a logo as the Alphabets are larger then logo size.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree with the color red not being good... also when I went to site map it gave me HTML codes..not sure if that's how you want it

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there is lot of vouchers/information on the home page. User can quickly lost.
    Logo has low quality.
    Try get some form into it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a huge fan of the design but its ok. I think it will convert well with all the traffic going out.

One thing from a usability standpoint is there is no search box. I would stick one in the top right.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwest View Post
    ok so I am assuming that in the UK they are called voucher codes. Here they are called coupon codes. I would use your site if it came up in a search engine when I look for voucher codes. I like that there are a lot of links. I would appreciate if I would go to a page like the A's and I could see without clicking on it if there were active coupons without having to go back and forth. The second thing is something I appreciate from www.retailmenot.com is the "did this coupon work for you?" button. that helps me decide if it's worth a shot or not.

Don't know if this is helpful to you or not.

Thanks for the input. I don't use "did this coupon work for you?" button as all the codes work. They are all direct from the retailer not just made up and posted by anyone.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input Invicta.

Would be interested in yours (and other) input again. I have made several improvements to my site. Please give it another look.

http://www.everyvouchercode.com