SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Need feedback for our new website.

Hello guys, please check our facebook page with website screen shots that I been designing for my new website: facebook.com/WebSiker

Also home page screen shot is online right now just for example websiker.com

Please leave us your feed back.

If you guys think you could give me a good idea about deisign or features for website please let me know.

Thanks guys
    from Eddy

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Eddy,

Great concept and great start. Looking through your site, it seems theres a basic color scheme, and it's t-tone. I love SIMPLICITY (why can't google, Astrid and Catch stay simple???), which your site is, but at the same time, it looks very basic.

You have a lot of competitors out there, what do they do that is successful? Colors? Images? Mostly images and hardly any text? I would start by adding some sort of color banner or colorful logo on the top, this will really set the stage for your customers. This is tricky, because selling and buying websites can be a thousand dollor + game, so you need to stay looking professional.

Once your live, add all of your facebook friends (message them) to like. Remember, why should someone "like" your page? Facebook social media is a whole another game, something to think about (I think) after your site is live.

Some small stuff:

* Search by google page rank - maybe make Google the google image, very recognizable brand could make your homepage look much more profesisonal
    * Add a video, why your company is better than the others (I recommend Animoto unless you have experience making videos)
    * How is a "website" different than a "domain"? I think we both know, but does your potential customer? Who are your potential customers? Thousands of dollar buyers? Someone who just lost their job and wants to buy a domain they really like?..etc...

Some stuff to think about!

Hope this helps,
    MRT

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well-designed site with minor issues

I like the design. It is appealing, simple, clear.

Appearance
    • I would make the introductory text ("We have just launched..."), the border of the "Search by Google PageRank" box and the News box line up to form a single right column. See: http://imgur.com/6eqGM
    • The distance between the pagerank shields is uneven. Also, the block containing the shields is not properly cetered in the "Search by Google PageRank" box
    • You could use at least one more color, preferably a complementary of one of those brownish colors.

Functionality
    • I think the list of "featured listings" could be much longer (like 20). If I were a visitor, I would like to be presented more options without needing to click anywhere.

Altogether it is really nice. I like it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply guys I have redesigned the look of the website right now, please check it out guys http://postimage.org/image/tue56cutb/

Please tell if you you think its good enough to bit other guys online and let me know is you dont like something or do like anything.

Thanks guys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I preferred the old site I must admit

But the new one has some nice colouring too, though I'm not sure about the grey background that starts half-way down the navbar? Looks a bit out of place imho.

I do like the simple featured listings table, especially once you get some content and the thumbnails are different

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol oh well people have different opinion, I think the new design I designed looks more professional and better

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it looks a bit like websitebroker, but it's no bad, good luck for your site

have you written the code of the site or bought a ready-to-use script?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaetanomarano View Post
    it looks a bit like websitebroker, but it's no bad, good luck for your site

have you written the code of the site or bought a ready-to-use script?
    it doesn't looks like website broker at all, I am using unique content for design. And I am coding from Scratch, its all my own work.

Thanks mate.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you I must change anything in design or any ideas?

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey websiker! i like the new version. i think the white with the teal (i guess that's the right color) are easier to follow and more inviting....at least to me. you are right that everyone has their own opinion, though. lol i really like your site. it appears it will be easy to navigate...i am a skimmer, so being able to check it out in a quick look is always cool with me. looking good, and can't wait to see the real thing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet man like our facebook and we will keep in touch: facebook.com/WebSiker

Quote Originally Posted by naughtnotions View Post
    hey websiker! i like the new version. i think the white with the teal (i guess that's the right color) are easier to follow and more inviting....at least to me. you are right that everyone has their own opinion, though. lol i really like your site. it appears it will be easy to navigate...i am a skimmer, so being able to check it out in a quick look is always cool with me. looking good, and can't wait to see the real thing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys I uploaded homepage for testing, may be you guys got any ideas, let me know. http://websiker.com

ONLY HOME PAGE for now.

I am building other pages

Thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is not working, may be some problem.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that image posted on earlier is new look of your site, I like it. It looks clean and professional. In my opinion you should change facebook page to look same. Now facebook page doesn't look so good. Site doesn't work for me also, but according that image you might try change facebook, g+ etc. images, they might look better in colors.

Have you thought that what is your facebook page's point? Currently it doesn't have much fans or content. If your main point is just to get publicity to your site, it might not be best way. Instead of that, maybe you could just make it easy to share in social medias if someone is selling their domain. Another way is that you list every domain what someone is selling through your site on your facebook page, so people who are buying domains all the time, could easily see whats new.