User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review Request - Courier Tracking Script

Hello guys, hope all of you are doing good. I have recently developed a script for a Logistics company (I have developed their website too) and I was looking for some reviews on it from you people. Its basically a 'Track and Trace' script which outputs data stored in the MySQL database when a user enters a valid B/L number. Each B/L number has some information stored according to it in the MySQL database such as the Origin City, Destination City, Current Location etc. All these things can be updated from time to time until the courier reaches its final destination. If a B/L number which is invalid or is less than 9-digits, then an error is returned. I have also put up an interface on the homepage from where a user can enter his B/L No. and hit the track button; from there he'll be redirected to the 'Track & Trace' page where the results will be displayed to him. I am also working on a field which will display the 'Shipping progress' under the courier information table. You can check the script by going to Sigma Logistics and entering any one of the following B/L Numbers:

Looking forward to your replies. Thank you.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know much about designing scripts, but I can comment on things from a client/visitor's perspective.

I really like the purple/gray "progress bar" (nice choice of color and cool animation as well as informative) but the moving purple bar ending as a vertical shape instead of an arrow shape looks unfinished and unprofessional. I suggest changing it to an arrowhead shape if possible or change the prograss bar endings to vertical endings for consistency.

The page looks clean and uncluttered though the top part seems a bit empty. Contrast could also be improved -I find especially the light gray text to be bothersome to read. I'd make it black or almost black at least. I'd also make the orange text darker.
    Could you fancy up the page a little? It reminds me a bit of a downloadable web template as it's a bit "flat" and dull. How about adding some (subtle) graphics to the buttons etc? The footer though looks very good and professional.
    Hope my suggestions and comments are of use to you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

All looks very professional

The progress bar looks good but I think it would be good to know what the various stages are about. When status is 'initiated' I don't know what the next ones are.

Has your client requested that an estimated time to delivery is displayed too? That is also useful info.
    architxt.net