User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please Review: e-Commerce Site for Women's Activewear

Hi everyone,

Cozy Orange is a new brand of women's performance activewear that strives to use environmentally friendly materials while keeping the prices affordable.

We have designed our e-Commerce site and would love to hear some comments on how we may improve further, on anything from design to content to usability.

Here is the link: http://www.cozyorange.com/

Thank you very much in advance!

SitePoint Addict bronze trophy vectorialpx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Your image header is not aligned with the rest of the website - not with the logo, not with the (right) search button. Also, "Live Balanced..." is in a box that also is not aligned with nothing. After, "Explore our Products" is also not aligned with the "Live Balanced..." box. From top to bottom I cannot see two items - logo, menu, header, content, footer - that are aligned.

2. I don't like your header navigation buttons. Blue, in the middle of orange. I'd suggest a white background and orange as color. Also, you can add a border-radius:5px;

3. I personally don't like the underline on links in the menu. This is just a matter of taste.

4. If I click on "Add to cart" for a product I get an alert ( Please select the product options for this item in the lists below, there is at least 1 selection missing. ). Alerts are for errors. I didn't do nothing wrong... just trying to buy something. You can replace that alert with a nice modal box that asks those info ( "In order to add to cart, please configure your product" or something like that )

5. The shopping cart is a bit "old-style". "Steal" from "the best" and take some example: see http://www.amazon.co.uk and add a product into the cart.

6. If I search te " > s ' > it says that You searched for: te > s '

7. http://www.cozyorange.com/store/pg/3...inability.aspx also the header is not aligned

8. Even if it's a secure connection, you https://www.cozyorange.com/store/OnePageCheckout.aspx page does not look so professional. Again, go to Amazon.com or ebay.com and try to buy something to see some examples.

Now, some good things: I like it as general design - the logo, colors, pictures. You have to work a lot on alignment and element positions in page.

Good luck with the project!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Vectorialpx,

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback! We will definitely get to work on the alignment and the checkout page.

Also, regarding point #2, our header navigation buttons are supposed to be brown. Can you tell us which browser you are using so we can troubleshoot it? Your input is greatly appreciated.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    our header navigation buttons are supposed to be brown
    I am not referring at the menu but the "1", "2", "3", [...] navigation of the image header.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, very good point! Thanks!

We have been looking at it for so long that we don't see its color any more...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know.
    That's why sections like this are so useful.
    Someone from outside can spot lots of things that you miss because you just get used to the entire image.

Good luck with the project!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CozyOrange View Post
    Hi everyone,

Cozy Orange is a new brand of women's performance activewear that strives to use environmentally friendly materials while keeping the prices affordable.

We have designed our e-Commerce site and would love to hear some comments on how we may improve further, on anything from design to content to usability.

Here is the link: http://www.cozyorange.com/

Thank you very much in advance!
    You homepage looks good but unfortunately you have no filters on the category pages, also your product pages look empty.

<snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Jan 28, 2013 at 10:00. Reason: Please use an official signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks David. We are currently working to address these two issues.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the Layout myself. The colors are very complimentary. What's a bit confusing is your menus lack complete synchronicity. For example. Your menu choices for shopping seem to be overkill. You have 'shop by', 'tops', 'bottoms', 'accessories' under your menus. Then scroll to the bottom and you have another category 'yoga/studio' along with your (what I view as unrelated stuff) ,design and product care and all the details about shipping etc. They aren't at the top of the page, why is that lone clothing menu at the bottom. As well all the items within Yoga/studio are already listed at the top except sports bras for some reason? seems redundant to me. I really like easy navigation and ability to transition through pages. One final thing, but this is just my preference. On your slideshow, might be good to be able to scroll through in case you see a deal or an offer that interests you, you'll be able to navigate to it instead of having to wait for it to come around again.
    Well done though. Looks very good

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

My favorite part I would say is the color scheme. The colors feel very natural and though I would not have associated the color orange with yoga, it seems to work very well. And the browns and intermediate colors all go together well.

Some feedback for how i see things could be improved. It is very image heavy, and it seems to load slow, which can be a killer if someone is waiting a long time. The main slider on the front page was sliding through blank screens for a little while until the images loaded. My internet connection is decent, may not be the fastest on earth, but plenty of people out there probably have slower ones. I see how you want to get some of those offers in front of site visitors, but between the slow loading of the images, and the prime real estate it takes up, I think the space could be used more effectively. I would recommend a well thought out introductory paragraph that provides a compelling reason to be here. Users need to know why they are here and why they should buy. And if it is formatted well, with a good font, and doesn't look to daunting at first glance(such as long unbroken paragraphs) and most importantly is written well, then people will read it. As a side benefit maybe give some of the images further down the page time to load. You may do the intro text on the left side and leave some space on the right side of the page for some prompts to check out certain things(some of the things currently represented in the main image slider).

As the last person said, the navigation seems like it could use a little work. The top and the bottom navigation could be a little more complementary. It seems now they contain some of the same stuff and some different stuff, without alot of rhyme or reason as to what's included where. A little confusing. The most important phrase to remember about usability is: "simplicity is the secret sauce". Don't make people think too much!;-)

A couple other things:

*On the product category pages(cropped pants, for example) it seems like each item doesn't need to span the entire width of the page. Maybe clean up the whole format and have another column of products.
    * having the social buttons at the top of every item on the single product page seems a little cluttery and it seems like they are just there because they are everywhere. Are people actually sharing these things? I don't really know if those things always work or are worth the cost of cluttering things up... maybe yes, maybe no, but i would leave the option on the table to remove them if they aren't generating shares.
    * Where the product description is, the [more info..] made me think i was going to be reading an extension of that paragraph. It think just that format brackets around anything containing "more" is a convention for continued text. But then you get there and it's slightly different. Slightly confusing i guess. And it also links to the same place as "see options", so going back to the first point, you could eliminate some redundant info reduce size by cleaning up some stuff like that.
    * the pictures for each product could use a border or something. The light color on light background clashes in my opinion. And some of them need better cropping(missing elbows, missing heads, etc)
    *What is the email signup for at the bottom? I would assume newsletter, or offers, or something, but there's no indication, why should i give you my email address?
    *Last point - I would do something to the footer such as a background tint, or top-border, or something to visually seperate it from the main content. just to reduce the cluttered look effect.

I wish you the best and hope your site is successful. There's a lot of potential!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the design is good though I would love to see shades of dark brown in the menu as a strip which would make the menu stand out. Also the boxes and frames around image will add more glow to the already good looking design I will give it a 7 out of 10

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and simple, easy on the eyes, however the site seems to me missing that wow buy it now factor (excitement). I think maybe start with the background, have a design / pattern mixed in there, to give the site a bit more style from an appearance point of view. Maybe also increasing the darkness of text in the footer, just a tad more contrast needed here.