SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for Feedback on my Classified Ads type Website design

Hey I was looking for feedback on my design draft so far. Here are some screenshots. Any feedback/recommendations would be much appreciated!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1186918&type=3

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It looks like a nice design to me! The first thing I look for is how clear the home page is. You've done a pretty good job there. You basically say what it's for and why it's special, which is great. It could be a little clearer, I have to say, but that's being picky. For example, you could do a little more with the big headline, elaborating in a few words what the "like never before" means. The details below are pretty good, but could be a little clearer, too. "Hyperlocal" means nothing to me. I'd rather something really simple and clear as the first sentence. You have to wade a few sentences in before you start to get an idea of what's possible. Don't rely on people to read that far. Perhaps the text could be a bit bigger, too, with more space ... as that's a pretty important message. It might be worth considering an explanatory video on the home page, too. They can help explain a lot better than words sometimes, and are pretty popular these days. I have to admit that I like them.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very nice! Everything is easily accessible!

The color scheme also looks nice and really makes the site stand out. The landing page is very clean and the icons go great with the site. Everything is there for a user to know what the site is about etc...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback guys. The description will be clearer when the site goes live (right now it's mostly filler text). So the color scheme works for the website's purpose? Going for the "web 2.0" look.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    462 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Looks fine to me, but I'm not neccy celery a good judge. "Web 2.0" is almost becoming a dirty word, now, having been overused. I'd prefer something like "clean and contemporary", although that means nothing either.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice. Here are some suggestion:
    Homepage :
    - make it so it shows the site moves, something happens there. Add "last activity" somewhere.
    - use horizontal scrolling for the main image. I do not see there a 1-2-3-4-5 sequence of buttons suggesting there are more images for that area
    - add some element(s) "out of the main layout square" to break a little the vertical-ity of the lines.

Insides:
    - users are hit with a lot of visual elements while visiting the pages. Make yours simpler. I would remove the inner shadows around the ads.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to think that I would use something like this. I like it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <title>SwapScan Sneak Peeks | Facebook</title> (31 characters [including
    spaces]).
    Google allows 66 characters (including Spaces) - I would add a short
    description in the title (P.S. you don't need to have facebook - they already
    know)

<meta name="description" content=" Facebook is a social utility that connects
    people with friends and others who work, study and live around them. People
    use Facebook to keep up with friends, upload an unlimited number of photos,
    post links and videos, and learn more about the people they meet." />
    Google only allows 150 characters (including spaces) in the description. You
    may want to reword it to 150 characters
    The description should be about your site, not facebook in general
    -
    hope this helps
    falcon
    Many good Free Tutorials at:
    http://freetutorials.name