User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review for : ellcoperatingagreement.com

Hi ,

Site : http://ellcoperatingagreement.com

Review Needed Im still on the same project of re-designing the complete site , I need to use the same layout , concept and the flow for few other sites also.

Some issues which I am aware of :
    1) There are many markup errors which would be fixed soon , the errors are there as i had used a WYSIWYG editor for it , this time i would be using expression web to design it

2) The current design looks too old fashioned..and thats why i am looking to redesign it

What else do you suggest i should work on ...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This site is definitely due for an update. The content is all there, you just need to add some visual cleanliness.

First off: whitespace, whitespace, whitespace. It'll help separate the content and direct the user's eye.

Second: Larger navigation. Make clickable area larger.

Third: get rid of all the borders. It looks like an Excel spreadsheet right now.

Fourth: Explore color options. It's got a very 90's feel to it. Get away from all the blands and blues.

It just needs some updating and TLC. Really focus on displaying that content in the cleanest, friendliest way possible.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a design expert, using IE 1024x768, I feel the design is a bit outdated. The big blue buttons are almost retro. I clicked single user and I got a list of US states. While, the pixelized shape of each state is kind of cool, it seems unnecessary to have all the states seperated like that. I would prefer a complete US map where you click on your state in its location. No need to scroll down in that case.

Common questions are helpful & informative - but shouldn't they be more easily titled FAQs?

Glossary is a good idea, but isn't a glossary usually organized by alphabetical order?

Best wishes with the site.
    Last edited by Saudi-TOEFL; Apr 30, 2012 at 00:20. Reason: spelling error

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, the design of the site looks old. I would suggest not stretching everything out either and have a well rounder centered site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen... apart from the content, there is nothing to salvage from your site in terms of design. You need to start again. It does not feel "a bit outdated", it feels like I have been dragged back to 1999. Before I even mention the design, can you get a shorter URL? I would never in a million years be able to remember the address, or even what to type in on google.

In terms of the design, I don't think it is even worth me commenting on it. As I said, you need to start again. I guess the color scheme suits the product you are selling, but beyond that it all needs to go. There are plenty of free templates you could use and then customise.

So, get a better URL, get a better design and transfer across all your existing content.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was about to start commenting on the design when I saw proninja's comment "apart from the content, there is nothing to salvage from your site in terms of design", I totally agree. Sorry buddy but this isn't a site someone in 2012 will click and not hit the back button in 3 seconds.

Just take your content and design everything from scratch.

I would also add a contact form, not just email, look much more professional.

Another thing which isn't exactly design, I'm hit with a wall of text way before I understand what you are trying to do. According to every research ever made, if you didn't grab the user's attention in 3 seconds, you lost them. Take a very short 1-2 sentences from the sections below and make them a nice title. Or make something new like a sentence that makes users feel they are totally missing out by not having LLC, at least enough to keep reading.

I hope this helps.