User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Medical Staffing Site - Seeking Reviews of Site and Concept

Hello everybody.

I decided to make a site with the goal of connecting medical professionals and employers. My aim is to concentrate on concierge medicine, essentially these are private and exclusive medical professionals (doctors, nurses and so on) that are always on call for business executives or elite individuals.

I tried to implement a simple design concept, without many images, with a focus on text and user-driven content. Everything is basically from scratch, so it might be rough around the edges.

Here you have it:

http://www.medalister.com

Thanks for reviewing it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see its a new Site ,

My Reviews

1) Way too Empty , (Not Regarding the Jobs) , but the Design and Layout try adding some Social Interaction like some Digg , Facebook Share etc ,

2) Try Increasing the Font size , it looks too small .

3) The green and the Black box does not look good try changing it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The layout is not too bad, of course the final design needs to be a bit more attractive, more... update. Gradients/shadows/round things are more attractive than simple colored rectangles. If you want the website to be attractive to "executive" and "elite individuals", I believe the final design really need some work.

What about the logo? MEDALISTer makes me think about "medal"... try emphasizing MED, add some significant graphic to it, something related to the medical domain.
    www.bluepindesign.com - web design/graphic design/web development

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sergiu.mihu View Post
    The layout is not too bad, of course the final design needs to be a bit more attractive, more... update. Gradients/shadows/round things are more attractive than simple colored rectangles. If you want the website to be attractive to "executive" and "elite individuals", I believe the final design really need some work.

What about the logo? MEDALISTer makes me think about "medal"... try emphasizing MED, add some significant graphic to it, something related to the medical domain.
    Thanks for the review! I was shooting for a simple feel to the site, but I guess I should at least consider adding some graphical elements and perhaps improving my logo. I appreciate the post.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Medical safety is upto you and how you take care of yourself. read the post to get more info on your safety.

Safety Statements: We are experts in writing safety statements for various industries. Contact us now for a free quote for your Safety Statement.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me the interface looks like a mobile one. This is just my first impression, though.

Navigation is easy enough given it has a big presence on the left - a good thing, IMHO. But it does come across to me as a forum give you have the the heading 'project discussions'. And when you click on a project there is project info but no discussion...

Do you need some kind of search / filter function? Once you get hundreds or thousands of entries lists will be to long to scroll through.
    architxt.net

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too cold. I mean, in my opinion, a forum should come with a good view, design and navigation. The font is too small though.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so empty..
    frankly speaking, i don't like to visit that site because of the design and emptyness... (

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like your concept, and focus of the site! I would second the above concern; 'medal' was the first thing that came to mind when I glanced at the logo.

Have a great weekend,

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey bro, I am just sharing my personal opinion here. Not to hurt you or underestimate you or your site. These are not even advices. Just some honest view or opinion and what I think about your beautiful website.

Layout – OMG it is horrible. Bro please use some professional layouts. At least your site is for medical professionals and employers. You need something much better than current one.

Logo - too simple and not impressive. You need a better logo.
    Banner – you can use a banner as your site is too empty. A nice medical related banner can change the whole look of your site I believe.

Favicon – missing and you need one.
    Color Combination – I didn’t like it.
    Bro I don’t wanna heart you but overall really an unimpressive site. You need to do a lot of work. Your website already got a PR (PR 1). If you work little more I am sure you will have a very good and useful site.

Good luck brother.