User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Review my PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY website

Hi everybody,

What is your first impression when you visit my site http://www.product2photo.co.uk ?

Do you find out easily that the goal is to offer product photography services?

What would you change on the homepage, portfolio, info and contact?

Are you able to see the private content when you log in as user with password 123 ? you should see a picture or more.

I would need some advice on the text as Im not a native English speaking person and I m not sure about it.

Every and any opinion is highly appreciated.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome designing, specially the Flash Banner.
    Yes, I found the offers of your photography services.
    I think the Homepage, portfolio, info & contact are okay. Great work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i like your website Logo..
    If you are using flash for slider then you can use Jquery slider as well that called Nivo slider.
    It works smoothly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thx. I tried several jQuery sliders including Nivo, but I always had some code or design problem with them. I might change back sometime.

Other opinions are still welcome

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi www,

I think the site is very professional. It's simple enough that I can easily find my way around it, and complete enough that it easily demonstrates the great quality of your work in a stylish manner.

I'd just leave it alone and see how it goes.

My best to you,

Paul
    from Down Under

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is already good. The details are clear and you can now get customers from this.

SitePoint Enthusiast mobilegames's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you have created a nice site.The best part is its very easy to navigate and find what one is looking for.It quickly gives a visitor idea about what your site is all about.
    One advice though,Use some other image for favicon [I just feel like that,no reason]

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG... I must say if I had a physical product to sale I would want you taking the pictures. I love you site design. The only thing I would have to say is I am just not a fan of gray but overall you site looks awesome.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it... Basically everything about it. I'd recommend adding a list of clients.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work. It has the potential to look very professional.

I would consider moving the navigation and log next to the login, making the login text smaller. Right now it kind of bleeds into the content.

Maybe make the logo act as the home button.

The columns and even paragraphs in you info section are quite squashed - I would add more spacing around each column and paragraph.

What really lets the website down is the logo - to frank it's awful, and a new one would significantly improve the overall quality of the site. If you can't make one yourself I would hire professional.

Hope that helps - you're just couple steps away from having a very fine website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work! I like flash animation with images - looks very attractive. But there is one bug - the width of all pages bigger than my screen resolution, so horizontal scrolling appears in the bottom! So you need to fix it! If you need screenshot PM me I'll send you how it looks like!
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I;m also a big fan of the logo and the whole site in general. I browsed for a couple of minutes and couldn't see anything wrong.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not fond of the Flash intro on the home page. Doesn't work on many mobile devices, and personally, a photography site is about the photography. You spend more time spinning, twisting, slicing and otherwise animating your photos than you do actually displaying them.

Should add another contact link or phone number after the description. They read and have no call to action.

Kill the mission statement.

What's your LOCATION? I visit the home page, see someone who could shoot my photos, and yet have no idea where they're located. Northern Ireland is a bit far from NYC or LA or even London. Putting a location on your home page will also improve your local search rank. You ship back and forth, but still should at least specify country, as international shipping charges would make inexpensive projects non-competitive.

Pricing page is mark of non-professional, listing "basic" and "creative" prices. For creative, you promise to make my products look even "better"... which is why someone would hire a pro in the first place. Makes basic seem like all you're going to do is click a button at 27 a pop.

Need to be ruthless editing your portfolio. Some lack contrast or pop, like the cologne bottle, for example. Little contrast, glass is dull and lifeless. Also seem to be missing examples of clients, published work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks professional, the animation is impressive but annoying. I've noticed the hidden button that let you turn it off. But to go and search for that button you have to be annoyed or even agitated enough. I would suggest control the animation by cookie, show it for first time visitors only for a few time and turn it off automatically. Put a little button to turn it on if somebody wants it.

So you have set up a nice online shop but do you have products to sell there? You say, "I made your product visible", "I make it shine". Good promise, good words, unfortunately you don't prove that. Take for example your jewelry snapshots. You have 4 of them. All of them look like out of focus, blurred and fuzzy. With jewelery you have to show sharp details, fragments to make the product sell. Anyway you got the picture. I agree with the previous comments, if you have clients list or published work show it.

I hope my comments did not offend you but will help you. In general you've done a good job, congratulations.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good and elegant design. I,like it being simple which made it look elegant, I also like the logo.
    Promote your Blogs now!
    Submit to
    High-Quality Directory with Deep Links.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting an account suspended page when attempting to access your site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Account Suspended
    This Account Has Been Suspended

you must upgrade your hosting ^_^ or ...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site has problem. I can not access it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big thanks to you all!

for some reason I didnt get notified after each of your posts so I did not respond. Sorry.
    You gave me pro advices. Im going to stick with some.

I have had no clients so far :/ , launched the site just month ago. - reason I have had no published work.

All shots in portfolio were made from what I found around, so not a fresh, new, unused objects. - something for beginning, hopefully I can change everything to more pro soon.

For displaying more specific location info is the contact page, but it s not a bad idea of incorporating it to homepage.

The "My mission" text is just the creation of my weak copywriting Ive come up. English is not my mother language and I ll do my best to put together more elegant, acceptable text in english.

My site is temporary unavailable because of poor hosting company (falconhost.com) which seems to be a scam. Im going to write about it in other thread.

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webwolfwizard View Post
    Hi everybody,

What is your first impression when you visit my site http://www.product2photo.co.uk ?
    The flash took too long to load so I'm like, I wonder what that blank space is for. BOOM. Not a bad thing I guess... But that's my first impression.
    Do you find out easily that the goal is to offer product photography services?
    [/quote]
    Yes, especially since I started reading the paragraph under the flash immediately

What would you change on the homepage, portfolio, info and contact?
    The paragraph under the flash could be a bit smaller text, and the nav text near the top could use a different font. Looks pixelated or something. Not a fan.
    Are you able to see the private content when you log in as user with password 123 ? you should see a picture or more. I have no quarrels with the portfolio page, though the info page looks just like a crap load of text. Spice it up with images or something. It looks bland. The contact page would look nicer if it had a separator between the two columns of information. The send button looks really out of place as well.
    Always looking for web design/development work.
    http://www.CodeFundamentals.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site design is very good, one suggestion would be to change the background color.
    Maximize Traffic by Banner advertising
    Free fixes computer support

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The normal look and feel is good. For improvement you can reduce the size of the logo and also vertical center the text in the navigation bar (highlighted one)
    DoFollow Backlink Checker | Internet Marketing and SEO Forums

22,000+ List of Directories to submit your site. List of Blogs, Forums, Press Release, Social Media... (sort by PR & Alexa)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it.. the flash is a little overwhelming. Your favicon doesn't match your site...

SitePoint Enthusiast claire0917's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the slider! The modified google map was very creative and unique! Although i feel that the info page was dull; there were no images and everything was gray.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!!! The flash banner is awesome....