SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review: Hosting Site

Hi, can you guys please review www.DripHost.com

How is it? What can be improved?

We have had this design for almost 4 years now and are wondering if we should upgrade it.

Do let me know thanks!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I really like being able to compare the different plans clearly on the same page.
    It’s immediately clear what your site is about, and you provide just the right amount of plan details and organize them consistently. I’m viewing in Firefox, and wonder if the top graphic could be a bit shorter so that the first two plans fit fully on the homescreen without scrolling.

I’m not sure that color green with gray is so exciting. Light green can be fresh, and silver/chrome can be modern or gray can be a good background, but the green and gray together look a bit stale, somehow.

I also wonder if you could take the font size of each plan name down a point—right now it’s the same size as your tagline (not critical, just something to consider).

I thought the 1234 buttons near the top were links to something, and I’m not sure why that graphic is there.

On the About page, it’s a little strange that there’s a sans serif font for most of the site, and then it switches to Times New Roman.

One thing I was hoping to see and couldn’t find was a set of links to clients, so I could see what kinds of websites they have that you host, or even some screenshots of their sites with testimonials about your service. It’s reassuring to read you’ve been in business for three years, but since I haven’t heard of the company, it would be more reassuring to see some real-world examples of people using the service. If I were looking for hosting, I would actually prefer to see some lesser known brands with smaller sites; most people who are looking to start a website are unknown (as opposed to Amazon or Google), and your sample clients help potential customers decide if you’re the right kind of company for their sites.

Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say "quality is our priority", but you seem to be using very low quality graphics. Everything looks very "stock", from the buttons to the various icons on the left. Lots of the images look like they have been overly compressed, including the main background asset just below the main nav bar. The 1,2,3,4 buttons don't seem to do anything in Chrome? Are they broken?

You need more images. The page feels really empty, even though there is a lot of information. Most hosting sites have nice pictures for their hosting plans, you know, awesome looking servers with neon lights. You have one picture of a server, and it looks grey and dull.

You also seem to have a strange mixture of fonts going on, with different pages using slightly different type-faces. The forums link results in an SQL error. I would immediately not want to do business with you just because of that. Are the forums even used that much? Do you really need them? The customer login menu is not themed like the rest of the site. Can you try and skin it?

The truth is, you've got to compete against the big boys, HostGator etc. You have got to make customers think you are just as professional and successful as them. At the moment, your website would make 99% of your potential customers go away.

This isn't meant to be harsh, but lots of the reviews on here are not really helpful, they just say nice things so they can eventually post their own site and then have nice things said about that. The overall structure is what I would expect for a hosting company, but you need to freshen the place up big time.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all I think the site looks really good, obviously you know what you are doing.

Like these guys say, the 1,2,3,4 looks like broken links. I also tried clicking it and didn't understand why it doesn't do anything.

Being a site owner myself, your "weekly backup" doesn't impress me, loosing a week of data is really major for a site that supposed to be backed up. I would either make it a paid service, if you don't want to invest in it for nothing, or just say the user is responsible for his own backup.

The bottom left icons also look clickable, in fact there is very little interactive content at your home page. Why have just a "click here" button below a static text? Just make the entire text clickable. More user friendly in my opinion.

The "about us" isn't really saying anything. You should advertise yourself better, with the information that makes you look good of course. Hosting many major sites? Say it. On a mission to make hosting better\cheaper\nicer? Let me know. This section is often read by people before purchasing a service and there's nothing there to draw me to use it.

Goodluck with the site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    I have seen the website and my conclusion is given below:-

You should make the site more user friendly.
    The site looks old, you should give it a new look.
    You should make your site more secure while using the payment gateways.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I've just seen your website,
    to me look good but I agree with dreamxindia, about "user friendly"
    try also to put more color , try red on title offer

I hope this info is helpful for you and remember is just my opinion

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the color combination.
    You can use heading fonts size slightly smaller than currently being used.
    Make your logo as a link to go to home page of your site.
    Write something more about your business and services in "About Us" section.
    Expand Your Business Opportunities !!
    http://www.zubera.co.in
    Solution to grow your business faster ...
    http://www.zuberacorp.info

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, just saw your site but it looks way too old. People who are looking for hosting would not prefer that since they might think that you are no longer functional since there is no live chat support, no support ticket. Forum link is broken.
    The head banner should be kept a bit smaller. Secondly if you could change it it would be better since it looks very dull.
    The plans are visible but the better way would be to add a comparison table.
    The footer says Copyrights 2008 - 2010 Drip Host. You might consider updating it.
    Pay attention on the colour combination, too outdated.