SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of John Grisham's books are really good...

The street laywer is good...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, John Grisham is a good author. I dont know the title but theres one where theres this billionare kills himself and leaves all his money to this girl but the lawyers dont know how it is and they track her to an indian tribe in brazil.

I personally like the 'Left Behind' series by Tom LeHae and Jerry B. Jenkins. There are 8 books all about the revelation and how people get left behind and they have to survive the judgements of god. It is very interesting if you get into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, I can't foget I also like John Grisham.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That book about the billionaire and brazil, is called the testament by John Girsham.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by emke
    Originally posted by LuZeR
    The Bridge on the Drina - Ivo Andric
    those are the one's i can think of at the moment
    That's a great book LuZeR, I was very surprized to see that somebody here has read a Bosnian book, very nice to see.
    If anybody wants to read a great book, my favorite is by Albert Camus, I think it's called "The Stranger" in English.
    Very deep, there are also great Bosnian books by a writer called Mesa Selimovic. Search Amazon.com for him, he's great.
    Emir.
    Yeah, I read it for a class and really liked it. I had to write a paper about it that you can read if you want. It's at http://reference.plebius.org/article/000014/

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have favorite book. Come to think of it I don't really have a favorite anything... But here are a few of the authors I have really enjoyed over the years.

Dean Koontz, Anne Rice, John Grisham, Stephen King, John Saul, Micheal Crichton, Piers Anthony, Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman, Stephen R. Donaldson, C.S. Lewis, Shakespeare, R.A. Salvatore, Ed Greenwood, Gary Gygax, Anne McCaffrey, Marion Zimmer-Bradley, J.R.R. Tolkien, John Steinbeck, Thomas Harris, Douglas Adams, and Terry Brooks.

Of course there are many more but these few always stick out in my mind and I will buy any book with their names on it. Provided I don't already own it.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the chronicles of Narnia are very very good. They are obviously targetting to young kids but even so they're brilliant.

Siddhartha is a decent book, and there was this one book about these 2 kids from a boarding school during WWI times, I can't remember the name but it was good.

Michael Crichton does excellent work, Jurassic Park was so much better as a book, one of the things I like about him is that the science in his books is largely accurate, like in Jurassic Park, everything is plausible except the dinosaur eggs, we cannot synthetically make eggs.

One of my favorite Authors is John Donne, perhaps most famous for the the whole "for whom the bell tolls" line.

Some books I hated were the Scarlet LEtter, Frankenstein, Crime and Punishment, and Lord of the Flies.

But in my mind one story stands out, and that is the Dragonlance Saga. There are some 50 books in the saga, alot of them are branches off the main story line, I've read each 3 times. But the main story line is just amazing, just amazing. I get chills even now as I type this. It has touched me in so many ways. If anyone wants to read a truly excellent story, you should read it, and I dont mean the new ones, the main story line ended and a new one was begun and it is not half as good, hell its a cheap imitation, but the original story line started by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman is what you want.

Chris

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you liked the original 6 books of Dragonlance, check out the Deathgate Cycle by Weiss and Hickman. Another good series by them is called the "Rose of the Prophets".

They should also start writing for TSR again now that Wizards of the Coast is making amends to all the talent.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------