SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please share your feedback!

Hey guys..re-designed my website http://www.lexolutionit.com/ ...browse it once and I am sure you gonna love it!!

Here are certain grounds on which I would want you to rate my website:

Look and Feel

Usability

Color combination

Portfolio section

We have tried to keep international user's taste in mind while designing the website so that, we are able to cater the international market.

Also I would like you guys to share your feedback on my new website.

Thanks in advance!!!!
    Maneet Puri
    Lexolution IT Services

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will answer you punctually:
    Look and Feel : ok. I would say somewhere near the average
    Usability : The services list I would put it in the header rather than in the footer. Even if you have a Services button, the visitors wouldn't like to browse to see what you are offering
    Color combination: I wold try to avoid red, green (hover) and blue on the same page. Any two of these colours work well, but the three of them together, no.
    Portfolio section : Portfolio looks like a static page with a picture in the center. Does not make me buy your services.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site theme is beautiful. Make some changes in left side social site buttons design. Set the perfect margin between all buttons and set the starting point same as right side blue menu area.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asymetric design

Hi Purit

There's clearly an effort to provide innovation but I make the following notes:

1. Look and Feel: It's little uncomfortable viewing the pages for long time, there's asymetry in design - one side is too loaded and another is blank

2. Usability: OK

3. Colors: OK

4. Portfolio: too crowded and font is too small to read

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by maneetpuri View Post
    Hey guys..re-designed my website http://www.lexolutionit.com/ ...browse it once and I am sure you gonna love it!!

Here are certain grounds on which I would want you to rate my website:

Look and Feel

Usability

Color combination

Portfolio section

We have tried to keep international user's taste in mind while designing the website so that, we are able to cater the international market.

Also I would like you guys to share your feedback on my new website.

Thanks in advance!!!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the look and the ribbons. Not a big fan of the green, but it is not horrible. The social book marks on the side are cool. Your services need to be closer to the top. You do not want users to have to scroll down for them.

The portfolio looks good, but you should link those sites for two reasons. One I want to see if you really designed it, my first thought is, you could have put up anything. Second I want to see more than just want you can on the front page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look and Feel

It looks clean and modern. The sticky social share buttons, depth, and navigation ribbons give it that "web 2.0" vibe.

Usability

It's easy to navigate and organized, the ribbons stand out.

Color combination

I like the color combination, although that's a highly personal thing. If I was going to change any of the colors it would be the green.

Portfolio section

It took a minute for the navigation arrows to appear for me, so I was confused for a second on how to view other portfolio items or if there was only one. Most people won't have a problem navigating the slideshow, (which is nice) but I would consider putting some sort of instructions for people who are not quite as web savvy. Something like "next" and "back" below the arrows, or instructions like "use the arrows to view our work" to make sure they know they can navigate with them.

I think you do a good job of being friendly to every nationality. It looks like our site could be based anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very clean!

I've worked with quite a few Indian development houses (me being in the UK) and although they turn around code quickly they do seem to struggle with design. I have to say though this design is quite elegant. It's not overstated, everything is clear (even if I have to read the menu with my head turned!) and even though it's not necessarily making a huge impact it is easy to drill down into the content and see the work. Particularly like the slider to view projects and the book marks for the menu and the social icons.

Colour wise it's very vibrant, but the colours don't clash. I would say though that they have no connection to your brand, and the disconnect gives it a templated type feel. If the logo fitted the design a little more you could avoid this. While on the logo also - far too many tag lines and info going on. Keep it short, just the logo and one tag line and stick the rest of the stuff elsewhere.

I'm a sucker for good form design as it's something a lot of people overlook, but your Contact form is very slick and neat.

Best of luck with then new site!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look and Feel - The look is clean and consistent which is good, however it is a little bland on pages.

Usability - Usability I had no problems with at all, good job.

Color combination - I feel working on a new colour scheme may benefit your website design.

Portfolio section - Nice portfolio of websites you have created, this is a strong section of your website.

Good luck

Ciaran

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look and feel is good, website looks nice.
    you have user combination of colors which is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you really asking for our opinions or are you using this to promote your web design services to us?
    If you really want our opinions then I would suggest that using grey text is not the best idea as a lot of visually impaired users will have difficulty reading it

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make sure that the services that you are offering are very good. but put them in the left side table pane or right side table pane.ok. and also make a copy of the liks to top of the home page of your website. Dont forget to chane the colors of the links which will differ from each other.

I mean if u put red color to your 1st link then put another color to the next link that menas 2nd link like green or blue etc..

As a result of your website your website theme and background designing is very gool and nice for your site.
    Last edited by Stevie D; Apr 26, 2012 at 13:46. Reason: Fake signature removed