SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my website

The concept of the site is to allow users to request features for apps.

Could I please have some feedback on the site.

I have intentionally gone for a very simple design (have I taken it to far).

The site has the entire app store database and so I have found that it can be slow in places. Please let me know if you think it takes too long to load.

Thanks in advance.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice look & feel. I think more content is required on the Home Page about the website. I can't access the content page. The message is coming - "contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by infoglobal View Post
    Nice look & feel. I think more content is required on the Home Page about the website. I can't access the content page. The message is coming - "contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"
    Thank you so much for your feedback. I totally agree that the homepage could do with some more content. I have focussed too heavily on the database and back end of the site and have let some of the home page content suffer. I have also fixed the error on the contact page.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi John,

I must admit that the color scheme of your website is quite attractive but the content section has to be improved. You may agree with me that having a good looking website is never enough. Moreover, adding short descriptions to the application search results can save a lot of time of the visitor. Rest the website is really interesting.

Have a nice day!

~Maneet
    Maneet Puri
    Lexolution IT Services

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Bold and prominent!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are following an interesting idea. The design is as simple as should be. However, it seems to me that the webpage is a little bit slow. I tried it with two different ISPs.

One more thing: there are two may ads in the second page (I just chose one featured application that sent me to this page). People usually dislike ad crowded webpages.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your website is good and you just made a interesting site.Thanks for share with us.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great Look....

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi john
    your color selection for your website is quite good but only colos is not enough for good websites..so you must be add extra and attractive features in this website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi John, I'm going to disagree with what everyone has said about your colour selection, it needs some significant improvement, the bright blues a reds and the gradients don't work and look pretty awful if you ask me. I would suggest looking at other websites to examine how they've made colour choices. Some people use adobe's kuler to choose colours that work well together.

I like a minimal look but I don't think you've successfully achieved it. I think the gradient used in the header is unnecessary and over-complicated, whilst the functional/instructional qualities have been over-simplified. When I go to your website I need to instantly know what to do. When I go to your website I'm presented with a search bar but I'm not told what to use it for. There's more information about your website in one of the sentences posted above than I get from going there.

Everything on your website is ginourmous, much too large for a desktop display. I imagine presents well on something like the iphone but for the desktop i think it'll have to be a lot smaller.

I would also get a good logo, this one looks like it was made with the polygon lasso tool in photoshop (which is not a good thing).

You still need to put in a lot more work visually to get your website looking like something professional.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all I like the idea and look and feel. Good Job. If I could add anything I would suggest a little bit of Jquery maybe to offer a better solution for the iframed sections of your site. I have found on my own sites that people don't use the iframed content as much as the nice jquery tabbed portions. It may be that sliders don't stand out enough...or the average user is not picking up on the fact that they have to scroll for the content in my experience.

I have some sites geared towards younger demographic to give some context for my comment.

Just my two cents.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the simplistic nature to the site, but I think your logo needs some additional work. Although it is very basic, and I like that, it does seem to a bit too rough around the edges, in the sense that it doesn't quite match the rest of the site. The top blue might be a bit too bright. But nice overall design as far as element placement.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for taking a look at the site. I have made a number of changes recently and would love some feedback.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looking nice..

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good as an idea, needs more smart design

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

Everyone said it all: nice idea but needs a lot more work for the design (especially the banner) to be taken seriously. But with that aside, I like it

Though what I really wanted to say was, go at http://boagworld.com/ and hover over Paul image, and see how it enlarges - somehow I think it be cool if the six icons on your home page did that, a lot faster though, and in your case no need to change the angles.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and simple. I think the banner is to large for a laptop user. It would be nice to have the option to sort the apps by categories, newest, etc. And hope you will add Android apps also.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wheal View Post

The concept of the site is to allow users to request features for apps.

Could I please have some feedback on the site.

I have intentionally gone for a very simple design (have I taken it to far).

The site has the entire app store database and so I have found that it can be slow in places. Please let me know if you think it takes too long to load.

Thanks in advance.
    Nice site, but need better logo i think

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think the site is clean and clear for what it needs to do. What i am confused about however is why would someone want to come onto your site to review an app when they currently do this from their iPhone and can view reviews etc from there? What value add are you providing users from your website? I agree with some of the comments above that your "logo" needs some work on it as i think that it does not suit the site. I can see there is some potential but like my first comment, i am unsure what benefit this site has over the apple site for example.

Thanks