ButtonTemplate.png
Hi all,

I've been trying to create shiny (or glassy) looking black buttons for a black background. I'm not really into the whole "Web 2.0" trend, but I believe these will have much more aesthetic appeal than the buttons I currently have. The problem is, the background of the page is black as well and the images don't look so great on the page.

I'm currently using GIMP because I don't have my PS software, and while GIMP is great, I'm lost on how to create the effects I'm looking for in this software. I've created some great looking buttons, but I just can't seem to make them look right with the black background.

Does anyone know how to do this particularly in GIMP or know where I can find some open source Web 2.0 buttons that will do the trick? I've searched all over the next and found some tuts for GIMP but the effects still don't come out looking right. What I'm trying to accomplish is create a shiny black button with a sheen and nothing more.

I've attached one of the buttons I'm talking about. The black in it gives the appearance it has an odd shape when placed on a black background because the gradient is going black to light, top to bottom. But when reversed, it merely changes the direction of the odd shape.

Also, the button attached is freely able to be used if any of you like it's appearance

Thanks for the help!

P.S: The image uploader on this site is broken I think. It doesn't properly upload / attach images unless I use the *basic uploader*. The other two options always gives me an error.