SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review My steroid Bodybuilding website please.

Review my website. I'm interested in expert opinions on the design, layout, and anything you feel needs fixing, editing, adding etc. etc.

http://steroidjunkie.com/

Truthful opinions welcome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I took a quick look at your site and found a couple of things off with your site.
    I would like to explain, each page at a time and then give a general feeling about the website:
    Home:
    - the images in gallery are problematic, you should remove the pixelated/enlarged images, and use proper resolution images - the pills bottles image just looks awful, and cow image is gruesome.
    - the secondary description text is not readable, the one under the Adds element; you should try a darker shade of gray, and you could try adding some images or some text formatting, as it's just a lump of text that I have no interest in reading.
    - the footer you should remove the tag cloud from the footer, since tags will increase on a site, not decrease, and your footer will grow longer and longer and longer, and people won't want to scroll all the way down.
    Blog:
    - you should limit the number of posts on the page: you have 10 posts and I would go with 5/6 posts, since you have to scroll a long way down.
    - try adding a popular post rather than a recent post, since the latest posts will still appear first in the main blog content area.
    - the footer and bottom text area are underneath a part of the background, please check the z-index of this element.
    Forum:make sure your test posts have some user images and try to see if you can colorcode forum threads, since now it's an opaque white/gray color, the whole forum.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The transparent content blocks look good. The overall design looks modern and clean.

The site was a bit sluggish for me, took a little longer than average to load. Not sure if it's my connection or the site.

I like the slideshow on the homepage, its well styled, but it moved too fast. I would slow it down so there is enough time to read each slide. Some of the slide images are poor quality and pixelated as well.

The post summaries on the blog landing page extend far down below the sidebar. I would reduce the number of posts on the blog landing page so that there is not too much space below the right sidebar and the footer.

The transparent footer is cool. The content on the footer is asymmetrical, I personally like to have things squared up so each column is the same height.

The font on the forum is very small, doesn't bother me but might be to hard to read for some people.