SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to create a banner that should have at least 3 pages that are accessible...

I am trying to create a banner for my page that should have at least 3 pages that are accessible by buttons within the banner?
    that by selecting a button, it will show a different page of the banner.
    How do I do this,
    I can get it to click with the mouse but I would like to add the buttons on the first page to go to the next 2 pages and then a button on the other two pages to link directly back to the first one in the banner.

Please help

<title class="lol"> bronze trophy TehYoyo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Do you want a basic navigation bar that is standard on most websites? (That's pretty standard CSS and HTML)

Do you want the page to display inside the banner? (That would be Flash)

~TehYoyo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Tehyoyo,
    I want to have the page display inside the banner, so when you click the banner it takes you to another page inside the banner, ( yes Flash)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TehYoyo View Post
    Do you want a basic navigation bar that is standard on most websites? (That's pretty standard CSS and HTML)

Do you want the page to display inside the banner? (That would be Flash)

~TehYoyo

<title class="lol"> bronze trophy TehYoyo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    *Groans in pain* Ouch. Flash so complicated for me

I couldn't tell you for sure how to do it in Flash (mainly because I don't know Flash, although that's a pretty basic thing to do. I don't know whether it would be advisable to do in a banner (as banners tend to be...small), but you can see it in a lot of flash websites around the web.

If I'm not mistaken, you can also achieve what you want with AJAX.

~TehYoyo

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you want to change the content in the banner when a link is clicked. If that is the case for a static site each separate page state would be represented as a separate, physical page. Than you could possibly enhance it with JavaScript to have clicks on the links load partial pages and replace the existing HTML in the area allocated for the banner creating a virtual yet accessible page refresh without reloading page. Though all this is still speculation without the actual content that needs to be swapped out and how it is derived.