SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read here that most people will create a layout of the web site in Photoshop or another graphics program, then chop it up to use in on the site.
    My question is what size do you make the layout graphic? I'm working on trying to create a layout but I either make the layout too big or too small.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks,
    Danrak

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What resolution are you making the site for? I think that would dictate how wide the image should be. If you are making it for a 800*600 res, then make it slightly smaller than 800 pixels wide, say 750. That way, you save room for a scroll bar in the browser window.

Mike
    Brain Bucket Magazine - Biker News, Views, and Event Coverage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to try and design it for 800*600, but I was thinking of makeing some of the tables that will expand for larger screens, this way if someone at 1024*768 looks at the site it will cover the whole screen.

Basically what has happened is my boss has given me the task of redesigning our companies web site. I've really only "played" around with designing a web site before, so I've been doing tons of reading.

Thanks, Danrak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by DynaMike
    What resolution are you making the site for? I think that would dictate how wide the image should be. If you are making it for a 800*600 res, then make it slightly smaller than 800 pixels wide, say 750. That way, you save room for a scroll bar in the browser window.

Mike
    Hello,

It really is good to just browse this forum at times. I also, had been having problems making a full page image.
    I saw this topic, checked it out and learned something.

I made a portal page consisting of an image with the word enter. I used the pixel size you recommended and it came out great.

Thanks to Danrak for posting and DynaMike for answering.

WP
    Webbing Along!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only done so once - giant navbar along the left side of the screen and across the top...needed to be diced up.