User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cache Problem -Classic ASP

Hello,
    I have a small subsite hosted on a server configured to run classic asp that I am having a caching issue with. The subsite is not in the root of the directory but in a folder off of the root. For instance the main site has the url widgets.com and the sub site has the url widgets.com/mywidgets.

Originally every page on the subsite had the extension .htm. I needed to implement an asp include so I converted each page to asp. So now, in the "mywidgets" folder where there used to be a file name default.htm is a file named default.asp. The default.asp file changed from the htm file by having the include and having new links (to .asp pages as opposed to .htm pages). My problem is if a user has already been to the site and it is cached the new asp page is not appearing. The user is still receiving the htm version. I tested this in both Explorer and Firefox.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Paul

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you delete the .htm files? If not, it may just be picking those up first. If you have, then you shouldn't have a caching problem (unless there's something off in your server settings....)
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did delete the .htm files. Do you have any ideas of what might be off in the server settings?