SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Visiting Google from other country ip

When I search google, it shows result according to my country. Is there any way that I could change ip or something and see the results depending on any other country?

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you visit Google, do you go to Google.com.pk? If so, you should see pages from the whole world, but with a definite bias towards those from Pakistan. (If you only want see pages relevant to Pakistan, click "Pages from Pakistan" in the left-hand panel of the results page.)

However, if you go to Google.com, you should see pages from the web as a whole. There might still be a small bias towards Pakistani sites, but not so much as in Google.com.pk.

If you want to see sites from a specific country, go to google.com, do the search, then click "More search tools" in the left-hand panel, then click "Custom Location", then enter the name of a country or city.

Mike

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes there's a "change location" tab on the page. It works!

SitePoint Enthusiast mackyanderson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by opportunist86 View Post
    When I search google, it shows result according to my country. Is there any way that I could change ip or something and see the results depending on any other country?
    Are you trying to say to check Google.com? Just type http://www.google.com/ncr and you will redirected easily to Google.com and there you go you can check the result on google USA. There's a lot of other country codes here: http://code.google.com/apis/adwords/...ntrycodes.html if you want to check other Google countries.
    FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER
    Los Angeles Injury Attorneys
    "Effective Lawyering and Proven Results"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is no need to think a lot for getting the results in different country view. You can make that by just simply change the location feature of the Google Search!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikl View Post
    When you visit Google, do you go to Google.com.pk? If so, you should see pages from the whole world, but with a definite bias towards those from Pakistan. (If you only want see pages relevant to Pakistan, click "Pages from Pakistan" in the left-hand panel of the results page.)

However, if you go to Google.com, you should see pages from the web as a whole. There might still be a small bias towards Pakistani sites, but not so much as in Google.com.pk.

If you want to see sites from a specific country, go to google.com, do the search, then click "More search tools" in the left-hand panel, then click "Custom Location", then enter the name of a country or city.

Mike
    When I search certain keyword, some site that rank 1st on .com.pk, rank 5th on .com. If I want google to consider that I'm from Malaysia and show me pages from google malaysia, how do I do this?

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I saw you were in Karachi, and I assumed that meant you were from Pakistan.

To see results from Malaysia, you should go to www.google.com.my. Then run your search, and click on "Pages from Malaysia" in the left-hand panel.

You will still see a few results from other locales, but these will be flagged with the name of the country. Most of the results will be from Malaysia.

Mike