SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, if you put something on a webpage, such as information in a footer, it has to be worthwhile ot have it there. I wouldn't worry about the importance of it. The contact form is always worthwhile to have there so if you're worried about that, then don't. If people see it they won't think it's not important. It would still have the same meaning to the users.
    Always looking for web design/development work.
    http://www.CodeFundamentals.com

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehYoyo View Post
    Do you like Kohoutek's ideas? I was thinking the first one.
    Personally, I prefer the second, but it's more architectural, which appeals to my aesthetic. Oh, and to respond to your response to her, I would keep the image and date on the left as that's more what people are used to.

Yeah. I think I'm going to stick to two - Corbel and Palatino Linotype as my primary ones.
    Are you doing these as web fonts and have licenses for them? Or are you going to have fallbacks (I don't have either of those in my installed fonts...)

Maybe it would, but I'm designing for a Church website. Wouldn't dark kind of detract from the atmosphere?
    Nope - in fact, here's a link to a local youth group site, and as you can see, it's pretty dark - it used to be more so, but they thankfully got rid of the grunge look which was popular for a while. Dark colors and can look very rich if done right....

Would you have me alternate b/w the two shades of blue? The stripes were meant for the background.
    Probably, though again, I would go a number of shades darker and/or mute the colors more. You'll need a decent contrast to not cause eye strain and/or detract from your content....
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YI think that the first image, but w/ the date/image on the right, would look nice - what do you think?
    Like Dave said, you'd give people more to think because most people aren't used to seeing a date on the right side. It may not be as intuitive.

If I were you, I'd experiment with it, see what it's like having the date on the right, then comparing the various layout samples and go with whatever you feel is the most usable.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

<title class="lol"> bronze trophy TehYoyo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kohoutek View Post
    Like Dave said, you'd give people more to think because most people aren't used to seeing a date on the right side. It may not be as intuitive.

If I were you, I'd experiment with it, see what it's like having the date on the right, then comparing the various layout samples and go with whatever you feel is the most usable.
    I was thinking about it and then I thought about how it would be kind of messy w/ non-justified text - which I'm not a fan of. W/ it on the right, there's a clean line, which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanReese View Post
    To me, if you put something on a webpage, such as information in a footer, it has to be worthwhile ot have it there. I wouldn't worry about the importance of it. The contact form is always worthwhile to have there so if you're worried about that, then don't. If people see it they won't think it's not important. It would still have the same meaning to the users.
    I think that the contrast, visibility, and size of it will give it enough importance, as well.

~TehYoyo