User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    <title class="lol"> bronze trophy TehYoyo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Review my Design Comp please

Hey all. Can you review this design comp that I made?

Here's an image of the design.

Some of the things I'm especially worried/interested about:

The only texture at this moment is in the navbar - I was thinking of either going w/ stripes as a background w/ tan and blue, but I already use a lot of tan and blue...do you think stripes would look good? Personally, I like the stripes (they'd be diagonal) but think it'd be too much tan and blue. Could I change existing colors in the design to make room for those colors?

Also, what do you think about the typography? I use Century for headings and Verdana for normal text. The cursive font for the splash images is Lucidia Calligraphy.

Are there any size choices that you think I'm getting wrong?

Is the overall theory of design alright?

Thanks a ton.

~TehYoyo

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the double post, but here's an image for the color scheme that I'm using:

Link

I didn't use the red much...didn't find anywhere where it looked good.

Thoughts please?

Thanks in advance, again.
    ~TehYoyo

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice design. I like the content boxes. It draws you attention to them and makes it easy to find on the page. The pictures fit well with each heading. I would try and have the text centered in each box.

As far as typography goes, I always try to stick with 2 fonts and no more. It's a personal preference of mine. I fond anymore than 2 and things just look messy. I also think the overall design could use a little more space between then various content areas. Everything seems a bit cramped. The heading text for your posts (sign up for soup kitchen) needs to be darker. Their isn't enough contrast between the text and the background. I also noticed there is no submit button for your form at the bottom. Don't forget to add that.

Nice job so far.

Waldo567
    Bryan Waldron
    Waldron Digital Designs
    waldrondigitaldesign.gmail.com

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First, thanks for the response and critique.

Quote Originally Posted by waldo567 View Post
    Nice design. I like the content boxes. It draws you attention to them and makes it easy to find on the page. The pictures fit well with each heading. I would try and have the text centered in each box.
    Are these the inline boxes near the top, directly below the navbar?
    As far as typography goes, I always try to stick with 2 fonts and no more. It's a personal preference of mine. I fond anymore than 2 and things just look messy.
    Yeah. I'm using 3 total atm. There was a recent debate about the number of fonts - 2 to 3 seemed the recommendation.

I also think the overall design could use a little more space between then various content areas. Everything seems a bit cramped.
    Yeah. Seems like it, now that I look. Would you recommend moving my article down? Maybe make the calendar smaller?

The heading text for your posts (sign up for soup kitchen) needs to be darker. Their isn't enough contrast between the text and the background.
    Right. I'll use the darker blue from my palette.

I also noticed there is no submit button for your form at the bottom. Don't forget to add that.
    *Doh!* Thanks for pointing that out.

~TehYoyo

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are these the inline boxes near the top, directly below the navbar?
    Yes I was talking about those.

Yeah. Seems like it, now that I look. Would you recommend moving my article down? Maybe make the calendar smaller?
    I would move the article down for sure. You could also lose the date box on the far left and simply have the date under the article title.

March 26

I would also make the article heading smaller. It is way too big.

I designed a youth group site a while ago if you want to look at it. Although I am not over excited about the design (loads far too slow, contrast isn't great, parts of it are hard to read.) the layout has more space than your does currently.
    http://www.gracehummelstown.org/youth_group/
    Bryan Waldron
    Waldron Digital Designs
    waldrondigitaldesign.gmail.com

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo567 View Post
    I would move the article down for sure. You could also lose the date box on the far left and simply have the date under the article title.

March 26
    Could I do a little corner-banner like here? I'd replace the "recent projects" with the date.

I would also make the article heading smaller. It is way too big.
    My main concern was wrapping the second line of text under the image.

Thanks.

Everyone else - please post! I need more input!
    ~TehYoyo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good. I like simple straight forward design that gets you the information you need without a hundred other distractions, and this layout does that well. I also think stripes are a good idea, as they would provide a nice contrast from all the solid color that you have going on. Nice job.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClickController View Post
    I also think stripes are a good idea, as they would provide a nice contrast from all the solid color that you have going on.
    1 vote for stripes. That's a pretty good reason, I think. I tend to use lots of solid color - goes back to my question about texture.

I think the tan right now and a darker blue would be nice, yes?

~TehYoyo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehYoyo View Post
    1 vote for stripes. That's a pretty good reason, I think. I tend to use lots of solid color - goes back to my question about texture.

I think the tan right now and a darker blue would be nice, yes?

~TehYoyo
    Yep, I think blue would work. Since a striped pattern will likely have two shades of blue,
    maybe you could use a darker blue and a lighter shade of blue similar to the color you're
    using in the footer.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, I think blue would work. Since a striped pattern will likely have two shades of blue,
    maybe you could use a darker blue and a lighter shade of blue similar to the color you're
    using in the footer.
    Right now I'm using this square to repeat.

Do you think I should use three colors? I think I would go tan-lightblue-tan-darkblue and repeat that.

~TehYoyo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now I'm using this square to repeat.

Do you think I should use three colors? I think I would go tan-lightblue-tan-darkblue and repeat that.

~TehYoyo
    I personally lean towards using two colors for the stripes, but I don't see why a three color pattern wouldn't work as well.

If you have the time, you may want to try both options and see which one you like best.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I personally lean towards using two colors for the stripes, but I don't see why a three color pattern wouldn't work as well.

If you have the time, you may want to try both options and see which one you like best.
    I'd like your opinion please

Two Stripes

Three Stripes

I like three stripes best. Keep in mind that size can change, of course. I also might change the colors in the three stripes - at first glance, they seem the same. I might also change the direction. ATM, they're 45 degrees.

~TehYoyo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely like thinner stripes better and agree that the three stripe pattern would look better with your current design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are these stripes going? I would stay away from them personally. It would take some skill to pull them off.

The fat borders aren't doing you any justice - try it without borders, it may look crisper.

Everything is really crowded/squashed. I would try adding more white space, use white space to group and separate you elements. I want to be able tell that this where the header & navigation goes and this where articles are positioned through the white space.

Your colours - you have these real dull pastel colours for everything and then your article text jet black on white background, the variation in contrast is too great, it really stands out and I would say too much, maybe try a dark grey. I would also say you're using too many colours. You have beige, light grey, black, white, grey-blue, dull-red, sky-blue, orange, green - so that's 9 colours and there's dark-blue for your social media buttons. I think you'd want to achieve sense of consistency and cut your rainbow of colours down to at least five (maybe beige, white, grey-blue, dull-red & a dark grey) I good rule of thumb would be to make your website look good in black & white then add colour.

The Navbar - of all you colours I would say the green doesn't really fit, and I can see no reason to have just the navbar textured. Texture is going to reduce the readability of your text and if anything the navbar should be clearly read. Like stripes, texture can be difficult to pull off, I prefer to use it as an overall background if anything - youtube is a good example of this atm, it's very subtle but good. And that fat border...

Lastly the fonts - I'm not fond of them and I'm sorry but I'm not exactly sure how I can advise you on them either. You have done one thing right though and that's the dull-red date tag - the way you've used the font/s there is perfect - try and propagate that to rest of the site.

I'm sorry if I really bummed you out about you layout but I hope my advise helps. If you're still having trouble getting it right - go to site you like and steal their colour pallet, copy they way they lay things out (obviously not directly), it's a good way of learning and before you know it, it'll be second nature to you.

Goodluck!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I definitely like thinner stripes better and agree that the three stripe pattern would look better with your current design.
    Thanks. How's the size? They seem a tad wide, to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanKing1809 View Post
    Where are these stripes going? I would stay away from them personally. It would take some skill to pull them off.
    Well, if you looked at the links...I did

The fat borders aren't doing you any justice - try it without borders, it may look crisper.
    Do you want thin borders or no borders?

Everything is really crowded/squashed. I would try adding more white space, use white space to group and separate you elements. I want to be able tell that this where the header & navigation goes and this where articles are positioned through the white space.
    I've gotten that comment - thanks for telling me again (this isn't sarcastic, btw) so that I know it's a real problem.

Your colours - you have these real dull pastel colours for everything and then your article text jet black on white background, the variation in contrast is too great, it really stands out and I would say too much, maybe try a dark grey. I would also say you're using too many colours. You have beige, light grey, black, white, grey-blue, dull-red, sky-blue, orange, green - so that's 9 colours and there's dark-blue for your social media buttons. I think you'd want to achieve sense of consistency and cut your rainbow of colours down to at least five (maybe beige, white, grey-blue, dull-red & a dark grey) I good rule of thumb would be to make your website look good in black & white then add colour.
    The calendar isn't meant to be in those colors - I just didn't want to spend time coloring and making 50 different lines. I agree that the red is kind of out of place - a dark blue would be nicer, you think?

Take a look at this image of my color palette, currently.

The Navbar - of all you colours I would say the green doesn't really fit, and I can see no reason to have just the navbar textured. Texture is going to reduce the readability of your text and if anything the navbar should be clearly read. Like stripes, texture can be difficult to pull off, I prefer to use it as an overall background if anything - youtube is a good example of this atm, it's very subtle but good. And that fat border...
    Yeah. That isolated texture was one thing that I worried about - I'll take it out, I'm just worried that the site will be very flat. What do you think?

Lastly the fonts - I'm not fond of them and I'm sorry but I'm not exactly sure how I can advise you on them either. You have done one thing right though and that's the dull-red date tag - the way you've used the font/s there is perfect - try and propagate that to rest of the site.
    Which fonts don't you like? I'm using Corbel/Segoe UI for the sans-serif and Palatino Linotype as my first-choice fonts (in my font stack). What exactly do you like about the date tag?
    I'm sorry if I really bummed you out about you layout but I hope my advise helps. If you're still having trouble getting it right - go to site you like and steal their colour pallet, copy they way they lay things out (obviously not directly), it's a good way of learning and before you know it, it'll be second nature to you.
    Oh please. *Sarcastic laugh here* Takes more than that to hurt my feewings. Now if you insulted my shirt...now dem would be fighting words! I appreciated all of your criticism.

Thanks much.
    Goodluck!
    Well thank you, fine sir.

~TehYoyo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if you looked at the links...I did
    Yeah but it's just a tiled pattern not within your layout - there's no way of telling how good it'll look.

Do you want thin borders or no borders?
    I think no border would work better, but try both. Try different colours maybe. Maybe a fat border could work with bolder colour. You need to test it.

The calendar isn't meant to be in those colors - I just didn't want to spend time coloring and making 50 different lines. I agree that the red is kind of out of place - a dark blue would be nicer, you think?

Take a look at this image of my color palette, currently.
    I never said the red looked out of place... I would reduce the colour pallet to 6 at most but remember you're also using black and white they should be included in you pallet and right now there is almost no contrast between your colours - you need to be able have colours to distinguish foreground from background.

Yeah. That isolated texture was one thing that I worried about - I'll take it out, I'm just worried that the site will be very flat. What do you think?
    Try it. The only way to make a good website is to test things all the time. If something doesn't work try something new, look at how other websites achieve the same effect. There are millions of websites out there that use solid colour blocks and don't come across as flat - look at how they do it. Try choose a colour that contrasts more clearly with the background.

ps. I'm not sure what I like & don't like about your fonts but I think you should test others. Again I would bookmark a collection of websites that use fonts you really like and learn from them. I'm afraid I have no magic answers for you, the only way to know is keep testing and trying new thing until you're happy.

pps. Your shirt looks splendid.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanKing1809 View Post
    Yeah but it's just a tiled pattern not within your layout - there's no way of telling how good it'll look.
    OK. So test, test, test - gotcha.

I'm thinking of seperating my background colors from my layout colors (except maybe some background-colors for different blocks).

~TehYoyo

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The color palette you linked to is very, very nice. The design, however, isn't working too well for me.

There are quite a few design decisions that I'd probably do differently, so I'll just list them below:

Layout:

a) Sub-optimal use of whitespace (and very little) makes the page appear cluttered.

b) Inconsistent padding and margins between elements makes the page feel disjointed and its elements all over the place (disharmony).

c) Search box has different font than other form elements (I'd choose one and use that throughout the site).

d) The date next to the body text is visually dissociated from the article, especially due the article content having a fat border around it.

e) The calendar's visual style is completely different from everything else on the page and therefore feels like an afterthought.

f) The list of links in your footer aren't immediately recognized as such and they're all over the place (first three links at the top and then some more left and right at the bottom).

I'd really put all those links into a single unordered list instead to make it readable and organized.

g) The text color in your footer is too light (contrast issues).

h) There are three large photos (about, new here, devotionals)... I don't know what they're meant to do, but they seem to be links. I'm missing relevant text. I'd remove the titles from the photos, create proper (text) headings, add a photo to each of these sections below the title, add at least some explanatory/inviting text below the photos, and then finish it off with a link to the relevant page.

i) The typeface combination doesn't work for me. I'd really reduce them and have more consistency. For example, I'd give all form elements the same font treatment on the page. Right now a serif font is used for the search field's label, but the other labels in the footer use sans-serif. I'd pick one font and stick with it.

j) The font used in the calendar doesn't complement the modern styling used for the calendar itself.

k) The line-height could probably use an overhaul (body text has too small a line-height, the calendar heading and text are glued together, the word-spacing for your Kitchen article heading is too wide, etc.

l) Contrast issues. The text contrast in your headings, footer, calendar, and form elements is very low.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The calendar itself won't go on the actual website - it's just an image that I had to use for convenience and time.

I see now what you say about the search box - I designed the page top-down and didn't take that into consideration.

I'm thinking of taking out the date tag - it does seem kind of weird hanging off w/ all that space below it - would you recommend a small, normal date directly under the heading?

For my footer, the serif font is a heading - for instance, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and the Copyright are all "Legal Info". How could I better organize that? Would you agree w/ me moving the contact form over, changing it to a two-column footer and combining the right column with the left?

~TehYoyo

Note: Anything I haven't responded means that I'm taking the advice, there just isn't really any response aside from a bad excuse.

Just Blow It bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK, I see you're commenting on what's supposed to be there and what's not, but to tell the truth, I can only go with what I see, so I'm going to comment on it as it is currently and you can ignore that which you've already commented on. Over all its a good first start, but here are the thoughts that ran through my mind as I looked at it.

1. I know it's an image, but it feels unfinished. There's no background to provide some anchor to work off of. Even a background color outside the container would help. Are you going to leave it left aligned or center the design? I'm hoping centered since left-aligned sites feel very dated to me.
    2. The search box looks sloppy as the edges aren't smoothed out.
    3. The textures on the link boxes and on the calendar look out of place with no other textures involved in the site. I don't care for the green in the links at all - I think it's the shade of green being used as it's too dark.
    4. Be consistent in the display on the three boxes. The New Here? and the Devotional text is left aligned, the About Us is centered. Personally, I would prefer the centered text.
    5. For the content box, I would try swapping the header text color with the date block color, bring the date block inside the container, and reduce the border size. I'd also consider reducing the header text size and increasing the image size (OR moving the date block above the image)
    6. Why is the Lorem text bold? It doesn't need to be, and I think it would be better smaller.
    7. How many font families do you have? It looks to me like four (header, box script font, Verdana/Helvetica for the many text, and Arial in the content), which might be a little too many, and I'm not sure the choices are the most effective. The wider san-serif font doesn't work as well as it could with the taller, narrower serif font.
    8. Personally, for the color scheme over all, I would go a step darker on all of them, and the contrast will help against the white. The footer for example - that grey a step darker would be much more attractive.
    9. I'm not sure where you were thinking about putting the stripes, but if you're going to use them, I would take out the white as one of the colors or you're going to hurt people eyes. Subtle is ALWAYS better (unless you're going for a rock star look, but these colors don't lend to that).
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The calendar itself won't go on the actual website - it's just an image that I had to use for convenience and time.

I see now what you say about the search box - I designed the page top-down and didn't take that into consideration.I'm thinking of taking out the date tag - it does seem kind of weird hanging off w/ all that space below it - would you recommend a small, normal date directly under the heading?

For my footer, the serif font is a heading - for instance, Privacy Policy, Terms of Service, and the Copyright are all "Legal Info". How could I better organize that? Would you agree w/ me moving the contact form over, changing it to a two-column footer and combining the right column with the left?

~TehYoyo

Note: Anything I haven't responded means that I'm taking the advice, there just isn't really any response aside from a bad excuse.
    Ah, I get it now. I have mistaken the three headings for a list of links due to them being underlined.I'd remove the underline from the headings and align the headings to the left as it's confusing to have the headings center-aligned while the content below it is either left-, or right-aligned (I'd align them all the same).

As for the date, there's nothing wrong with the styling for the date, except that, as you noted, it feels disjointed due to it being offset and because the rest of the article's content is enclosed in a border. I'd probably remove the background and border from the article entirely.

Below are examples of how I'd work with the layout of the article:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's an itch in any newcomer to replace any and all things they can replace and shove in all they've got they're eyes on, and make them all different... and paint them all different.

You're doing that. Too many fonts, too many colors, zero symbols. Too many changes in font size. Too many distinct colorful and text objects yet few fit well with the others. As such, there's an overwhelming feeling, having to focus on each of them like a different thing all together.

Choose dominant colors first. The shades are going to derive from them. That's what the visitor has to feel: one, maybe two colors.

Choose dominant font first. The other one (notice how I said, the other one as in the only other one) should compliment it. You don't have many choices: serif, sans serif. There are a few things to know how to combine the two. Ask if you don't know that. Putting Lucidia Calligraphy in is, at most, usable for the first letter, not for the whole words. And I know the image you just have now, with a big big first letter, and it's related to the site's beliefs and it's scriptures.

Your symbols are missing. Symbols are hidden, implied or just plain visible. You have none there. There's nothing telling "youth", there's nothing telling WCAC, there's nothing relating to the site's beliefs.

And this is where you should actually start. Identify the main symbols, identify the messages you want them to convey, look for the colors that fit that description and you'll narrow down your color scheme. Because, if you didn't know, every color sends a message: http://www.squidoo.com/colorexpert.

The colors you're using now are toned down. The background color feels like old paper kept in unsanitary conditions. The navigation texture feels like amateur child play with crayons on cheap paper. The blue you're using has the same child play feel, an unfortunate mix of ink and water spilled on paper.

Be happy when you choose the colors. Isn't that what the site should convey? Choose clean colors to convey a clear message, not an undecided or blurry one. Your site now says: "I don't have the courage to speak by my self so I'll make my self less visible using less contrast".

Typography should be almost mute. You're jumping to so many font sizes and so many fonts in a single page like you're in a backyard sell for fonts. Look at "WCAC", "Link" underneath and "New Here" below. They don't make any sense next to each other whatsoever. Look at the size for "Sign up..." heading and the "Lorem ipsum..." that follows. It's like a whale lurking around a bunch of sardines. Your site is saying now: "I like this font. And this one. Oh, and this one. Can I use this one too?"

So, less font variation definitely makes for a more pleasant reading experience. Pastel colors are definitely better mood setters. Symbols are speaking to your visitors tons before any of the fonts and colors. Try that.

Finally, the page's mise en place. Unfortunately, your just stacking down, or up, and that is so visible. You don't manage to convey order but you can't make the page feel artistic either. You're just poking around either a 2x2 or 3x3 grid and that's obvious. Make it less obvious. Make it break the eye line in a pleasant way.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kohoutek View Post
    Ah, I get it now. I have mistaken the three headings for a list of links due to them being underlined.I'd remove the underline from the headings and align the headings to the left as it's confusing to have the headings center-aligned while the content below it is either left-, or right-aligned (I'd align them all the same).

As for the date, there's nothing wrong with the styling for the date, except that, as you noted, it feels disjointed due to it being offset and because the rest of the article's content is enclosed in a border. I'd probably remove the background and border from the article entirely.

Below are examples of how I'd work with the layout of the article:

Yes - I like both very much. I think that the first image, but w/ the date/image on the right, would look nice - what do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMaxwell View Post
    1. I know it's an image, but it feels unfinished. There's no background to provide some anchor to work off of. Even a background color outside the container would help. Are you going to leave it left aligned or center the design? I'm hoping centered since left-aligned sites feel very dated to me.
      It'll be centered
    2. The search box looks sloppy as the edges aren't smoothed out.
      Just a rendering issue
    3. The textures on the link boxes and on the calendar look out of place with no other textures involved in the site. I don't care for the green in the links at all - I think it's the shade of green being used as it's too dark.
      See my comment on color scheme below
    4. Be consistent in the display on the three boxes. The New Here? and the Devotional text is left aligned, the About Us is centered. Personally, I would prefer the centered text.
      Gotcha. I'll make sure to do that.
    5. For the content box, I would try swapping the header text color with the date block color, bring the date block inside the container, and reduce the border size. I'd also consider reducing the header text size and increasing the image size (OR moving the date block above the image)
      Do you like Kohoutek's ideas? I was thinking the first one.
    6. Why is the Lorem text bold? It doesn't need to be, and I think it would be better smaller.
      Right - bad mistake on my part (just did it wrong I think
    7. How many font families do you have? It looks to me like four (header, box script font, Verdana/Helvetica for the many text, and Arial in the content), which might be a little too many, and I'm not sure the choices are the most effective. The wider san-serif font doesn't work as well as it could with the taller, narrower serif font.
      Yeah. I think I'm going to stick to two - Corbel and Palatino Linotype as my primary ones.
    8. Personally, for the color scheme over all, I would go a step darker on all of them, and the contrast will help against the white. The footer for example - that grey a step darker would be much more attractive.
      Maybe it would, but I'm designing for a Church website. Wouldn't dark kind of detract from the atmosphere?
    9. I'm not sure where you were thinking about putting the stripes, but if you're going to use them, I would take out the white as one of the colors or you're going to hurt people eyes. Subtle is ALWAYS better (unless you're going for a rock star look, but these colors don't lend to that).
      Would you have me alternate b/w the two shades of blue? The stripes were meant for the background.
    Thanks you guys.
    ~TehYoyo

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gonig off the image in the first post, I'm sure many people have given very good critiques. Here are some key points I'd work on.

In the footer, I'd put the contact on the right, and site info in the middle. Having the contact form dead center looks a bit...weird. Off to the side would look better, and to the right, I think, would be thebest choice. Also on the site info box in the footer, the text is right aligned, yet the header is left aligned. Fix that alignment.

Perhaps the header logo image could be more of a logo, or perhaps some religious image there to help further depict your site.

The search text at the top could use a smaller font (make sure it disappears upon click! I hate when I have to manually delete text from those)

Nice design.
    Twitter-@Ryan_Reese09
    http://www.ryanreese.us -Always looking for web design/development work

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanReese View Post
    In the footer, I'd put the contact on the right, and site info in the middle. Having the contact form dead center looks a bit...weird. Off to the side would look better, and to the right, I think, would be thebest choice. Also on the site info box in the footer, the text is right aligned, yet the header is left aligned. Fix that alignment.
    I'm wondering about the semantics of that, really. Would placing it off to the right, where it is most likely to be viewed last convey less importance to a viewer? I also think it helps to balance...having that huge form off to the right...meh. But I do agree that it's kind of weird. Right now, in the development stage, it feels as if it's like a wall, sort of. Thoughts?

Perhaps the header logo image could be more of a logo, or perhaps some religious image there to help further depict your site.
    Ugh. How could you? Now I have to make a logo? I guess I'll look into it - I agree that just rich text for a "logo" is somewhat weak.

(make sure it disappears upon click! I hate when I have to manually delete text from those)
    AHMAHGOSH! Same. Hate that, as well.

Nice design.
    Ah, don't make me cry Thanks.

~TehYoyo