SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

I have recently got to grips with Macromedia Fireworks. I have created some buttons for my navigation bar, but i now want to add the feature whereby when i rollover the buttons, it changes the text in a separate area away from the text.

I can only work out how to make this work with an image, using the "behaviours" window, but i would like to link the rollover to some text instead...

...does anyone know how this is done?

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/fireworks/
    for loads of info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know, you can't "rollover" to text by the method that you are trying.

It seems like what you're speaking of is a disjuncted rollover, wherein a separate area of the page changes upon a mouseover in a region of your page.

To perform a disjuncted rollover, you'd simply place your "on mouse over" graphics into separate frames, and from the trigger slice in your first frame, add a behavior. If you don't know what I'm saying, email me and I'll explain further here.

One option might be to put save your "text" as a gif and perform a disjuncted rollover to it...

If you don't want to save the text as a graphic, then you might have to do what you want in layers and the hidden/visible method.

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what you need to do is look into the Swap Image behaviour instead of a standard rollover. That way you can make slices change as you hover over / click other slices.

It's possible to make images change when text is hovered over using some fiddly HTML coding (the navigation bar on http://www.hull.ac.uk/hubs was done like that), but i don't think you can change text by rolling over an image, unless you have the text as an image, or maybe do something ultra-clever like using layers.
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.