It's one state in one country but this was a nice little blurb to read:

http://gazettextra.com/news/2012/mar...xtbook-format/

It's basically a bill to extend current requirements that textbooks be available to students in a format the blind and visually impaired can use from just public elementary and secondary school to universities etc.

But what stood out to me was this line (emphasis mine):
Quote Originally Posted by the article
Knilans said the bill would help students with dyslexia and other learning disabilities, and military veterans have been especially supportive of the legislation.

He said that 18 percent of veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan who have sustained injuries from roadside bombings are blind or visually impaired.

“They use the GI Bill to prepare themselves for new careers,” Knilans said. “We asked our veterans to defend us. When they come back, we must not throw additional roadblocks in their way.”
That's an interesting statistic. I would like to see where it comes from, but it's certainly something to keep in mind as web developers who are wondering if the 3% number that's been floating around is true... if you're developing for a country that has veterans in combat, you may have higher rates of disabled visiting your site or using your app than what other statistics mention.