User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review my site i created for hospitality consultancy and services

Hello,
    I created a website for a new hospitality business which they are going to be using for promotion purposes. So the main objectives of the site is that it should do well in search engine listings and should be informative to the user, which in this case will mostly be non technical. So please review my site and suggest me how should i proceed with it. Please ignore the career page for now.

http://www.rashihospitality.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Design ,
    My Suggestions

1) The Body below the Image Slider..looks too Dark..Try adding some lighter color there...
    2) The content below the Yellow heading...is too small..increase the font a bit.
    3) The Get in Touch Form content is cannot be easily read...
    4) The Twitter , Facebook ,Youtube , Google + buttons ...Try using different images there...
    5) The Our Works Page is empty...i suppose you have not added any Portfolio there...

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I like the colors and the typography on your website.
    But please replace your logo with the image of a higher quality - the compression seems to be too large and the image is blurry.
    I also suggest you add more news - even from the past. The news section always unveals if you website is really alive.
    The large images on the homepage look good, but they say nothing. Add some text to pass some info about your offer, company etc.

One more thing - the "We are best in industry" pop-up looks very much like browsers' security alerts... I would definitely change (or totally remove) that.

Cheers.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    454 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Looking at the site, I don't know what it's for, and that's a problem. The gigantic image (too wide, IMHO) is pretty, but doesn't tell me anything. I'd suggest you halve the picture and put a clear statement next to it about what the site is for and why I should stay. (EDIT: I see xaban already said this. Consider this a second vote.)

opened about 30 Multi-cuisine food joints
    "Food joints"? That makes them sound like some back-alley, greasy Joe outlets. I would suggest rephrasing that. "Joint" in this sense is informal, not really appropriate (I assume) for what you are presenting here.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top picture is MASSIVE, and seems to serve no real purpose other than to consume your bandwidth. Personally I think the color scheme is too dark for a site offering hospitality services. It doesn't feel very welcoming and, as mentioned, the massive picture makes my first few seconds on the site a little confusing. What exactly is being offered? Where is the content? Do I need to click on something?

There also seems to be quite a few typos and a lot of the grammar borders on insane! "He also holds kitchen designing skills as well as traveling to the globe" Do you mean "travelling the globe"? As I always say, I'm not trying to be harsh, but this is just my honest opinion. The site isn't terrible and I'm inclined to think that the content/writing probably needs the immediate work.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by proninja View Post
    The top picture is MASSIVE, and seems to serve no real purpose other than to consume your bandwidth. Personally I think the color scheme is too dark for a site offering hospitality services. It doesn't feel very welcoming and, as mentioned, the massive picture makes my first few seconds on the site a little confusing. What exactly is being offered? Where is the content? Do I need to click on something?

Thanks for the review proninja i will definitely consider that....

There also seems to be quite a few typos and a lot of the grammar borders on insane! "He also holds kitchen designing skills as well as traveling to the globe" Do you mean "travelling the globe"? As I always say, I'm not trying to be harsh, but this is just my honest opinion. The site isn't terrible and I'm inclined to think that the content/writing probably needs the immediate work.
    I assumed that the users coming to my site will be with the least of the technical knowledge and will just be looking for the contact information. This domain is one with the least number of keywords, hospitality consultant being the main. So i tried to put in more images as according to me my target users wont be interested in content. Also i designed the front page to facilitate quick contact. And yeah i personally dont like the language either but cant help it. My client wrote it and he is not willing to change it :\

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am loving the design and the color scheme of your website, very well designed! About the changes, you should try reducing the size of the image slider and the images contained in it. Also, there's some empty area under 'News & Events' which you can use to display some other stuff. Coming to the social media buttons, you can replace the button images with the colored when we hover our mouse over them. Apart from this, I just went through all the pages listed in the menu and everything looks great! In short, maza agaya website dekh kar

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed with "bzforum" cant say anything else, love the design but