SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for fun site. Need some critiquing

Hey guys, just wanted to start off saying I'm not selling anything, the site is just up for entertainment and to file share. I host the site from my home using 'apache'. Been working on it on and off for about a year. Just the simpliest html gives me a headache. Like how to pop up a child page with the right dimensions and in the center of the page. I'm a music lover so I wanted the music videos to work right and I think I've done that.
    Anyway,critriques are welcome, I'm still adding content so thats why some pages have empty boxes.
    Just trying to have fun with it, so I may be in the wrong site for a review. All the sites I've seen here so far look like templates and business sites.
    Okay...I'm ready

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    248 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That would be great if we had a linke

So there you have my very first critic... where's the link? The site can't be seen or detected and I can't be used and that's a terrible user experience, in my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeofpale View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to start off saying I'm not selling anything, the site is just up for entertainment and to file share. I host the site from my home using 'apache'. Been working on it on and off for about a year. Just the simpliest html gives me a headache. Like how to pop up a child page with the right dimensions and in the center of the page. I'm a music lover so I wanted the music videos to work right and I think I've done that.
    Anyway,critriques are welcome, I'm still adding content so thats why some pages have empty boxes.
    Just trying to have fun with it, so I may be in the wrong site for a review. All the sites I've seen here so far look like templates and business sites.
    Okay...I'm ready
    Wheres the Link??...It happens on my first review even i missed on the link....lol...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bzforum View Post
    Wheres the Link??...It happens on my first review even i missed on the link....lol...
    www.mikalz.com lol.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Molona, I hope it wasn't too traumtic for you that I forgot to actually give the link to my site. I apologize. www.mikalz.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Reviews

1) Try Modifying the Site Logo make it a little attractive
    2) The Background is black..try putting some more colors there...
    3) Try giving Each Image a Nice Border...Which could also be depending which category it is in..

As you said you want to have fun with the site...so why not earn some revenue with it...ad some Advertisements...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your time and review!
    I went through so many site logos it aint funny. I decided on this one because it blended in with everything I was doing on the page. But I agree with you, it should be a tad more attractive. As far as the black background...to chage it would mean doing the site all over again ..yikes!!
    I also like your idea of different color boxes for the different category. But putting ads on my site, I wouldn't even know where to begin. And anyway, don't you have to have a certain quota of hits before they want to put their ads your site?
    Anyway, thanks again!

<title class="lol"> bronze trophy TehYoyo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just a few quick comments. First, I would recommend changing the 'funny' navigation item to 'humor'. All of the other links are nouns. The adjective stands out.

Also, I wouldn't say 'best if viewed in Internet Explorer'. Maybe it's just personal bias, but it's also slightly impractical. Designing for IE is just designing so that it works on bare minimums (in general). There's no difference between the native IE8 on my computer (that I used to get Chrome) and Google Chrome.

~TehYoyo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on switching to 'humor'. I put up that "Best viewed in IE" because I can't seem to get the site to work on firefox. It's a flash thing that I don't know anything about. Thanks for the review!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just downloaded and installed Firefox...it works fine. The only flash you have on your site (it seems) is the flash in the Games section. Seems to work fine, though.

~TehYoyo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be doing something really wrong then, 'cause I can't view the music videos, etc on firefox. I'll play around with it some more. ty

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's just the version of Firefox..I downloaded and installed the latest version.

~TehYoyo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool...I'll do the same

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wait!!!!

You still need it to work (or try to get it to work) on whatever FF version you're using...what if someone using that version tries to browser your website? You don't want him/her to leave b/c the site wouldn't work. Try to debug or post on the forums your problem.

~TehYoyo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree. I downloaded the FF update through the help dropdown, thought that might fix the problem but it didn't. So I'm gonna hit some FF forums and see whats up. TY TehYoyo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very nice. I think that you need to insert some welcome text. There are some intersting files but I hope you upload more interesting books, images and videos! Keep it up and good luck!
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TY Fokebox. I am trying to put more funny videos on the site, and definitely some more books. It's just finding the time to do it. I thank you for your review, you're the first to say the site looks good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a suggestion for the site. when someone click on the image a new window open. But if a popup window open like Facebook then it might be more beautiful. its just my personal opinion.