SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Review this site for me Please

Hi ,

One of my Friend wants me to Redesign his website...I have been gathering Tips from many other forums too...

Information About the Site1 : The Site is about Power of Attorney Forms...

Reviews I Require :
    1) Design and Layout Suggestions : Suggest about Color Combination and Layout.. The site has been running from quite a long time with the same design so i dont want to change the Layout at a very big extend as people would be used to it...

2) The Contact Us Page : I want some serious comments about this page as do you recommend a Contact Form Here?

3) Logo : Should there be a Logo Displayed on the Website?

Reviews I Dont Want :
    1) Please dont suggest me about the products or the Cost of it...as i am not going to be the right person to decide the cost etc.. (I had received few posts regarding the cost from some other forums)

Waiting for your Reviews and Suggestions....
    Site URL : http://powerofattorneyform.com

<title class="lol"> bronze trophy TehYoyo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll start with #3 first, as it's the easiest...there is a logo. The globe-esque thing in the top left?

1. Layout and Design:
    Wow. Talk about a call to action. You jump straight into the 'buy/try our product' step. I don't even know who you are, what you do, where you are, why I should trust you, or anything like that. Can I learn more about your company before I trust you with something (that seems - I can't quite tell) to be very legal, complicated, and potentially dangerous?For the color scheme, it's a bit bland. Lots of desaturated colors. The gradients look old and circa-2000. Again, there's not a lot of saturated colors to add any excitement.

The navigation is fine, although some letters seem to be bolded. This is especially apparent in the POA Forms By State. It seems to be every first letter of the word - it kind of looks weird right now. Make it more prominent or take it out. Take a look at Samanime's personal blog. He highlights every first letter much in the same way by changing the color. Something as apparent (but not as bright) would do nicely.

Contact Us:
    I think you should have a contact form. Law tends to be complicated - give us users some help!

I also have issues with this directory. Dropdown lists would be much nicer.

~TehYoyo

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Lose the tables on the home page . You may want to find a photo of a legal assistant at their desk. Put you 4 products text around that. Put in maybe a javascript rotator with the 4 products, each clickable that takes you to that product page. As TehYoyo pointed out about the call to action put that here as well. Also try to find a background you can use as a watermark. Often times legal forms will have watermarks.

Color Scheme .... hmmm Say a ligth green, use a little orange and pastel blue.

On your POA forms by state page....
    Design the page like a form, using a dropdown for the states. Talk a little about your services using LSI keywords. Will help out on your SEO.

3. Contact Form.....
    Definately use a form here. Get specific about contact needs. ie. What exactly do you need to contact us for. Is it Forms we don't have, Special forms for a particlar state. Use a two col approach. Say down the left side of the page put your phone, hours of operation and such. Maybe require First name, email, best time to call and a comments text area.

3. As for a logo, you already have one. There is nothing wrong with it, so continue to use it.

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely get a contact form. That page needs some work too. The center alignment looks pretty bad. I know that when I go to a contact page, and an email is given (which you can expect a lot of spam in the future if you just straight up wrote your email in the source code), I don't want to open up my email and send you something. Write a script/contact form and automatically send the email. Make it easy for the user .

Overall, the site looks too...not user friendly for me. I don't know how to describe it, perhaps it's the big in-your-face font

Also, I can't stand hte footer (on the contact page). No offense but the colors aren't agreeing with me Also, the fact that each state is there with the same repeated 4 links is just a huge turnoff. Looks bloated with heaps of links.
    Twitter-@Ryan_Reese09
    http://www.ryanreese.us -Always looking for web design/development work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankx for all of your valuable I have showed my friend these comments and Im waiting for his reply..
    There are 2 more of his sites which have the same design I would be posting a new Request for the reviews soon...so I would really want you reviewers to comment on that thread too...then I can club all the points together and give him better designs