SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mackyanderson View Post
    Some says that Timeline will be forever? Is that true? I actually don't want the Timeline.
    Well, Timeline is inevitable because it's a must. Facebook automatically changed my profile into Timeline. I guess we don't have any choice and learn to love it.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arungupta2012 View Post
    Absolutely right, competition between the biggest search engine 'Google' and the most popular social networking site 'Facebook' which makes it more interesting.
    According to me, Google is Unique In the present World. Google Has no competitor. Facebook is a most popular Social Networking site but It can not make it self more interested like Google.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by image2 View Post
    According to me, Google is Unique In the present World. Google Has no competitor. Facebook is a most popular Social Networking site but It can not make it self more interested like Google.
    I'm following your statement about Google as the biggest in search but not sure what your conclusion means? Are you saying Facebook won't be a bigger search engine?
    - Ted S

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by image2 View Post
    With Facebook's current growth, I doubt that they'll be stuck being just the social networking site that we all know and love. I think you've noticed how much improvements Facebook has made in the long run. I think they'll continue to evolve. Now that Ted mentioned it, what if Facebook did jump in the same search engine arena as Google?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only if it was social-search: find peeps. Find photos taken by peeps. Find organisations who work against the government. Find groups who have a specific disease. Find people in a certain geographic area with a certain income range and who drive Fords and liked a movie where people drive much too fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now Google updated their Google Plus... looks a lot better but I don't think it will attract more people. People are starting to get burned with having all of these networks to sign into. I hear Facebook is not gaining people like they used to... actually on the decline from 800 million users.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartinman View Post
    Now Google updated their Google Plus... looks a lot better but I don't think it will attract more people. People are starting to get burned with having all of these networks to sign into. I hear Facebook is not gaining people like they used to... actually on the decline from 800 million users.
    While I'm not arguing that Facebook is free from issues or concerns, when you have over half of the active web population on your site, your ability to grow slows down. It's like tide... there's only so many new customers you can add so the point becomes keeping the current ones more involved. One could say Google+ was built to do the same thing -- not to beat Facebook / Twitter / etc but to give you a way to engage and stay more involved in Google's ever growing world.
    - Ted S

SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    ...to give you a way to engage and stay more involved in Google's ever growing world.
    people choose to do this?

voluntarily?

rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r937 View Post

voluntarily?

Probably not if it was said as I described it but a way to share a comment on a video from youtube more easily with a friend on gmail, sure. Or a way to be able to talk about a blog without having to sign up for anything. Or a chance to give feedback on a page I liked. People would do those things.
    - Ted S

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy

voluntarily?
    People think Google's the bestus thingus since sliced bread with a cherry on top. They would lick boots and wash feet with hair and tears.
    All Hail The Google

That's only slight exaggeration.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It cause me lose my welcome page and even my contest page. Lot of campaign run by fan page are not working well after the changes of timeline in business page.

What i notice is it work better on interaction with fans while my likes and interaction is increase double up after the timeline changing but without a welcome page or campaign page which hide in application right now . Is hard for us to bring them to our business site.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exabytes View Post
    Is hard for us to bring them to our business site.

Facebook is a social platform; what about your website makes it worthwhile for someone to want to leave that?
    - Ted S

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by exabytes
    What i notice is it work better on interaction with fans while my likes and interaction is increase double up after the timeline changing but without a welcome page or campaign page which hide in application right now . Is hard for us to bring them to our business site.
    Do you use the "pin" thing to set certain posts/events on top?

SitePoint Zealot coloradojaguar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I was adverse to the change initially. But, now that I'm engaged with the new format and features I do really like it. My interaction and likes are really increasing daily. I think that Facebook had the intention of stirring the pot with the timeline. I mean users that had decided they weren't interested any longer had to become interested again. At the very least users are using Facebook more frequently again if for no other reason than to find out what the change is about and how to use it.
    Hosted solutions provider since 1998 - UK, Atlanta, L.A.,
    JaguarPC.com - Managed Hybrid Servers |
    Managed VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have invested on custom tabs...now with the new timeline, my individual tabs are all gone. I am still waiting for Facebook announcement regarding the latest integration adjustments
    Satellite Broadcast Services and Teleport Services ~ Transforming communication challenges to innovative solutions

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeAETemplates View Post
    I thought they still allow you to use custom layouts, though? It's just a timeline now.
    I don't like it too. I didn't install the Timeline application but it my page just became a timeline. It looks so clogged.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i also don't like timeline. its just a scam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate timeline. Is there a way to remove it?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are apps that are kinda being advertised on facebook. they said these apps could bring back the old facebook profile. tried every app availabe, and yes, i still have the timeline. hate it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by erikahawkins View Post
    There are apps that are kinda being advertised on facebook. they said these apps could bring back the old facebook profile. tried every app availabe, and yes, i still have the timeline. hate it.
    When a company launches a new version of their web platform it is almost unheard of to keep the old one running (both for moving forward and simply maintaining two systems). Timeline is the latest evolution... it offers a heck of a lot for your business although it is certainly a major shift. Of course if history is any indication of the future, it will change, or at least evolve as well.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhere i saw Facebook is following Google plus. I agree with it, cause facebook implemented few new things it their site. One is video chat. I think google implemented first as hangout. May be few more like this type. What do you think guys?

Mouse catcher silver trophy Stevie D's Avatar
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richywillson View Post
    i also don't like timeline. its just a scam
    In what way is it a scam?

Quote Originally Posted by yza View Post
    I hate timeline. Is there a way to remove it?
    Yes. Close your Facebook account.

Please, let's not have any more people with nothing more to say than "I don't like the new timeline". It's here to stay, at least until the next big change, by which time you will have got so used to it that you'll be calling for the old (ie today's new) timeline back. If you've got anything constructive to say then let's hear it, but no more one-line moans please.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    They (FB) could sure increase usability by a whopping gazillion percent if they allowed people to shuffle those events to just one side of the "line" so that you're looking at a single, chronological column again. The swapping back and forth, left and right... who the heck thought this was a Good Thing???

Seriously the FB UX guys must've been on a trip or something.

/more-than-one-line-moan lawlz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't Google plus' growth slowed down considerably lately? If anything, Google should integrate something like Pinterest before it starts to die out. Pinterest wont last long because there is a point of no return where everything becomes redundant. Thats just my thought, Google can take the FAST FAST growth of something like pinterest and then flip those users into Google plus' new interface and really start to compete with Facebook. It wont happen, just some food for thought.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartinman
    If anything, Google should integrate something like Pinterest before it starts to die out.
    Nah, Pinterest's just a bunch of chickie-chicks posting images of text and stuff. Blind Google wants to be able to read their info.