SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 40 of 40
  1. #26
    SitePoint Enthusiast waynemorrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lonking View Post
    I have to say that i have been attacked a lot of times in various forums. The only reason is that they have a lot of resentment on china and its products. They talked about pirating design, floating currency and so on.
    Sad to hear that, it's my first time to hear a thing like this. You've been discriminated by those people, I think it would not be happen here.

  2. #27
    SitePoint Member FlyingFreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it happens to everyone, you do get a lot of ego online and everyones entitled to their opinion. You just filter out the rubbish and take in the good, that my advice and what I do. Also, don't take the internet too seriously

  3. #28
    SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    1,376
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lonking
    I have to say that i have been attacked a lot of times in various forums. The only reason is that they have a lot of resentment on china and its products. They talked about pirating design, floating currency and so on.
    Somebody here might attack you on your coding practices, your design ethics or maybe your choice of CMS or the fact that you're using a CMS in the first place. Nobody will attack Chinese product or pirating designs. That's not why we're here.

    Off Topic:


    All your pensions (if I remember correctly) are backed up by gold. Our currencies are worthless and are not backed up by anything. If China was to ask for developed nations to pay off it's debts to them those developed nations would come secondary to your country. Even with your billion or so population, you still miraculously manage to feed everybody and keep things ticking. China in my opinion is one of the most inspiring countries I've seen, not only because of their size but because of their impact on the modern world.

    Feel better now
    follow me on ayyelo, Easy WordPress; specializing in setting up themes!

  4. #29
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Attacks

    I have been attacked as well, only because people are very opinionated and can't accept anyone else's point of view. Sad, we should be kinder to one another...

  5. #30
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HAWK View Post
    You're all victims of 'internet bravado'. People behave in ways online that they wouldn't necessarily do IRL because they have anonymity. The only advice I can give is to be true to yourself and walk away without saying anything you'll regret. Be the bigger person and remember that the internet is forever. As an aside, please don't pimp your products here - it's against our rules.
    Agreed. That being said I am really sorry to here this happen. I wish you the best of luck, and am sure that your products are great. If their are a lot of people like that on the forum, than I recommend leaving it.

  6. #31
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Lonking, Iím very sorry to hear such bad news from you. I think, itís a disappointing feeling. Fortunately, I have not experienced attacks in forums. But I know, if there occur the same situation in my life, I will know whom to write for advise!)

  7. #32
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not very unusual things in the forums.Many people disagree with your comments and many other promotes their own products.It is very common.Take it easy.Try to explain your point with more perfection and closed that thread.Try some other forums.You can contact to admin if you feel very much insulted.They may take action against them.

  8. #33
    SitePoint Member Nerohawkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some other forum admins simply want to enforce the rules but they need to bend them a little from time to time.

  9. #34
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never understood exactly why anyone would utilise an attacking sort of method on a forum. Yes, internet bravado it may be, but it's still a sign of a bit of a limited capability on the side of the person speaking like that - don't you think?

    Just be polite at all times and respect other peoples opinions. If you don't like what they have to say, then don't reply. It's that simple !

    My Best To You,

    Paul
    from Down Under

  10. #35
    SitePoint Member Nerohawkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're right paul, however there are other forums that attack you or bully you for no reason at all other than you simply gave your opinion and even followed the rules. A member should first receive a warning or a private message as to what violations they did, not attack a person in their post or worst ban that person.

  11. #36
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lonking View Post
    I have to say that i have been attacked a lot of times in various forums. The only reason is that they have a lot of resentment on china and its products. They talked about pirating design, floating currency and so on.
    Hmmmmmmmmm............."Have I ever been attacked in forums?"

    Have I ever taken a breath?

    I get attacked on my own forums, sometimes just for running them!


  12. #37
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never been attacked. Do you know why? I think through what I post before I click that "Post Quick Reply" button. Anything that I think I write that may start a flame war or an exchange of threats etc. I don't bother posting it. Heated discussion is O.K by a stretch, such as discussing patch changes to a game etc. and why you disagree with a certain change.

    I take it you made this poll because it seems like you've been attacked, 9th dislike achievement and a bad reputation. It doesn't look to good. You should think before you right, that's all I'm saying on this topic.

  13. #38
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no i dont experience that...

  14. #39
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not often, sometimes moderators attack my posts and gives me warnings.;-)
    Promote your Blogs now!
    Submit to
    High-Quality Directory with Deep Links.

  15. #40
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneWagon View Post
    I've never been attacked. Do you know why? I think through what I post before I click that "Post Quick Reply" button. Anything that I think I write that may start a flame war or an exchange of threats etc. I don't bother posting it. Heated discussion is O.K by a stretch, such as discussing patch changes to a game etc. and why you disagree with a certain change.

    I take it you made this poll because it seems like you've been attacked, 9th dislike achievement and a bad reputation. It doesn't look to good. You should think before you right, that's all I'm saying on this topic.
    Interesting that you posted this, however anything can cause a flame war so this is not necessarily always true.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •