SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a clean, tidy site but seems to have a big empty space down the right hand side. Just a personal thing but you may want to fill that out a bit with ads or promos

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I saw your online site. This is good only.But there is no more content.I have another online site <snip> . This is better online site. Thank you.
    Last edited by TechnoBear; May 4, 2012 at 02:46. Reason: No self-promotion allowed

Non-Member bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whole layout feels thrown together willy-nilly with the inconsistent paddings, lack of clear division between elements, line-heights that are too short for the fonts being used, bizarre/pointless scripted slider that also seems broken... the fixed width is too big for my netbook and a useless little stripe on my desktop, in many places (like the footer) the color contrast between text and background is below accessibility minimums, and the fixed metric (px) fonts in such areas are just the icing on the cake... Said cake having the phrase "accessibility, what's that" iced on top.

Heading navigation is broken, anchor navigation is broken, and it's painful to even scroll much less wait to load; looking under the hood the reasons for this are obvious -- a complete and total lack of semantic markup and easily twice as much HTML as should be necessary; much less the endless static scripting inlined in the markup, style inlined in the markup, and HTML that belongs more to 1997 than 2012. Specifically not a heading tag to even be found, endless pointless nested tables AND endless pointless nested DIV for Christmas only knows what, presentational uses of classes, presentational images in the markup, a whole bunch of pointless jquery nonsense, lists around things that aren't even lists...

... and to be brutally frank, to manage to come up with 533 validation errors in a Tranny document, you don't even HAVE HTML, you have complete and utter gibberish. The 121k HTML document to deliver 3.68k of plaintext and somewhere around 50 content images is a pretty good indicator of that too. It means the entire thing needs to be thrown away and started over as there is NOTHING worth even trying to save here from a usability, accessibility, maintainability or sustainability viewpoint.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off let me say great job. Your business model is great, I agree that this is a great business model for a website. Also, the design of your home page is top notch. Very eye catching and admittingly, better than I could design for a home page without help. The products are very eye catching as well and there is a great variety of them for shoppers' delight.

Things I would recommend are as follows. Add more products and organize them by product and/or category and add more links to them from the home page. That will allow you to grow your audience and will help more people find the site. This way you can also network your site on Facebook, Twitter, etc and target people who like specific products.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, I personally do like the site in it's simplicity, especially the footer I find is very well made.

As some of the others have pointed out though, the logo looks as though it could become a bit better quality.
    Also I would use the borders that you have on the "offers" box around all of the item-boxes, because if you scroll down half way, all you have is basically a few items floating freely on a white background with nothing left or right of them. Alternatively you could then make the "offers" box a bit more flashy to make it stand out.

All in all I like the simplicity though, keep it up

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    design is good. but prices are very high.so use discount schemes for your products.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have updated the website design in accordance with your reviews.
    Kindly check and tell me if it is better now

Non-Member bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, let's see what you've changed... wait, you've changed it?

The missing images make the layout fall apart miserably, the absurdly short line-heights make it hard to read and the text overlaps in some places, the left justification looks like a rendering error, particularly with the backgrounds not stretching full width; most of the content areas still feel just slapped in there any old way with no rhyme nor reason, the text across the whole page appears to still be in a useless px measurement sending me diving for the zoom, when it's too wide and a fixed width making zooming painful.

Whoever told you it's ok to use 11px tahoma, to declare px fonts on body, and in general use px widths and heights in that manner led you so far down the garden path, you've passed the statue of the coordinator.

The total lack of semantic markup or proper headings makes the site useless from an accessibility standpoint. Again 459 markup errors in a tranny document (meaning you're in transition from 1997 to 1998) means you don't even have HTML, you have gibberish. From the overstuffed keywords meta, to the endless scripting for christmas only knows what, to the break tags doing padding's job, to the pointless full URL's, to the semi-incorrect use of ALT and pointlessly redundant TITLE attributes... it's no wonder you have 97k of HTML for 3.8k of plaintext and maybe a dozen content images -- in other words three to four times as much HTML as should be used to do the job.

I don't know what off the shelf cart system that's done in... but remind me to stay away from it.... but then, is there an off the shelf cart system that DOESN'T suck?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should try and fix that problem with the scroll abr on the bottom maybe you haven't close a tag or something, if not try hide it with overflow:hidden in the stylesheet. Or better , try finding a classfied theme , there are a lot of these on the web for free.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the simplicity of your site very straight forward to follow but some of the images are blurry they need to be more sharper to attract attention and keep visitors on for longer.

Otherwise it's a well design site.

Helen
    Colorize Old Black and White Photos Photo Restorations

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Images arent sharp enough, if you're trying to sell stuff, make sure that what you're selling, ... is cleary visible

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi pradeep, here is my review:
    1. At the first time I hit the crispshop, the design is simple, but I am a bit confused, since you use styling which is almost like another old sites. I mean, you can see that the site is not fixed, also not in a full wrap.
    2. Content, where did you get the content? amazon, and ?? But be sure you create your own text, i suggest you to give 2-3 sentences or a paragraph review of each item. Why? definitely, I am sure google and other search engine already know that the site is grabbing content from amazon, also the thumbnail, and some are redirected to amazonstore.
    In case you need to make only a store, it's not a big deal. But if you plan to get visitors from search engine, fix them.
    3. There are so many API providers available out there, some of them are free, but it does give you limitation. That's not a big deal though, when the site growing, you will have more money to pay for the API. I love to build it with pricegrabber, shopping.com or others. Shopzilla is not too good in item search results.

Ah, that's all.
    Never give up!

Best regards,
    Andhie.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks incomplete ,images are of terrible quality . Needs a bit more design effort but has potential

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    The site doesn't have any kind of introduction to tell me what it's for or why I should use it. You need to catch visitors in the first few seconds, or they'll leave and never come back. There's nothing on your home page that tells me what's special about this site or why I should stick around.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    many missing images. Big stopper.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main thing I notice is that it seems like you duct-taped together a whole bunch of disparate parts.

The site doesn't seem to have a consistent "look and feel" to it.

You have too many colors, and little things like Font, Spacing, Padding, etc seems to vary too much.

Your Grab It and Details buttons are quite frankly UGLY.

Try to pick a "theme" and stick with a few colors. (Notice how SitePoint is built on only maybe 3-4 colors on the whole site?!)

Debbie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the website great. It is designed very neatly. as an SEO expert i would advice you to improve the content. It should be attractive but not hi-fi. But basic , understandable and conversational so that the visitor stays at your page for a longer time.

Work on your keywords. My experience says, promoting your domain name as the main keyword will surly help you out.

Regards

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's good, clean and well designed website. very well done!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I like:

- It's really clear what you're supposed to do: Save money.
    - You're dropdown works fast and has lots of selection.
    - You have a great search feature.

What I don't like:
    - It's not clear HOW I save money though you versus just going directly to Amazon.com or some other online retailer.
    - It seems you're a broad based mall site selling everything. What niche do you specialize in?
    - Every product that I searched for more details about, no additional details pulled up. For example, I looked for "tomato seeds" which didn't pull any details for any of the individual products.

Overall, the navigation and design look good. I just wonder how you're going to earn money for the time and effort that has gone into building this site. What will be your competitive advantage, or how will you get return customers?

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website is down now?