SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review my Shopping website

Hi

Kindly review my shopping website CrispShop

It is an affiliate website where people can search for products and then go to the stores and buy products.

I have also manually made large no of pages for different categories of movies, music, camera etc.

Kindly give me feedback on usability, performance, relevance, friendliness and SEO friendliness of the website.

Its been around few months since I launched this website but I am not seeing any visitors visiting it yet.

Kindly help me

Thanks in advance

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usability is good. But I don't think content is so impressive that it can capture visitor interest and Also don't have good back link. I will suggest you to update content and start quality work for back linking through blog posting, article etc.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you find out that I dont have good backlinks?
    What is the best way to create backlinks?
    Also, what can you suggest me for content?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good, clean and well designed website. It has also o good layouts ... but there is something with resolution: the width of your website goes out of the page so there are some white space ... I guess you need to fix it!
    Best regards,
    Fokebox
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

SitePoint Zealot bronze trophy xMog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    About the design, I would give it a 5/10 (it's my personal opinion). If I had to rework some parts of the design, I would redo the logo rounded rectangles where the products are on the home page.
    Otherwise, the categories looks fine, a little like Amazon. I think that your greatest challenge will be to get traffic, but I'm no SEO export :P
    Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice - It would seem with that many products and categories it could get really messy and busy but you have succeeded in keeping it organized and sorted out well. Good Luck with it.
    Maxanne Durkee
    Heavyweight Collections
    Heavyweight t-shirts with prints inspired by Things Men Collect

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The architecture is pretty good, everything is clear and obvious to the casual viewer. The navigation is polished, detailed and intuitive. I like the small interactive elements too.

As far as the design elements, I'm not so much a fan of the colour scheme. It seems very generic, no real contrast. Like a software demonstration page rather than a living, breathing application, if that makes sense. Another issue I have is the footer, it looks almost unfinished, or even broken - as if the CSS has malfunctioned. The background colour looks foreign to the overall design and the hyperlinks seem to be swallowed up in the contrast.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned above, the footer does look a bit broken to me. You might try having the footer extend the whole width of the page and with a lighter grey color. The logo very much needs to be changed. I don't mean to be overly harsh, but it looks outdated and you might get more traffic if the logo were a bit more modern/fresh. I would also center your main content on the page and have your smaller side boxes on the right take up less width and go more vertically down the page. Hope this helps some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Left side is good, but how about right side?? maybe you should add some feature, such us contact form, or YM widget etc..
    My Signature Talk About Info Lombok | Gadis Bugil | Bisnis Online

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

I have updated the UI. Can you have a look?
    I have also started creating backlinks.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great, keep it up with online marketing.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice deigning I like it very mush.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have sent a massage to your PM with the screenshot of the problem in your website!
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The right column seems a little empty. You should also put more texts to duplicate the keywords also.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like the logo design,all the icons are properly placed..
    But there is lot of white space on the rite side.you can add more images of your product ..it may help you more in selling your product online..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it!

Its clean, simple, to the point for me.
    Maybe the sidebar @homepage could need some improvements (sing: empty room), but "thumps up" in general

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pradeep_ddit View Post
    Hi

Kindly review my shopping website CrispShop

It is an affiliate website where people can search for products and then go to the stores and buy products.

I have also manually made large no of pages for different categories of movies, music, camera etc.

Kindly give me feedback on usability, performance, relevance, friendliness and SEO friendliness of the website.

Its been around few months since I launched this website but I am not seeing any visitors visiting it yet.

Kindly help me

Thanks in advance

Nice site..Too many things for purchase..but If you want to increases the visitors on your site just start the SEO of this site..Best of Luck dude.

billycundiff{float:left;} silver trophybronze trophy RyanReese's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple design, it's nice. I'll go through the things I think need work

The footer newsletter, way too far right on my screen.
    All the products on the homepage are shoved left. Perhaps spread it out and center it.
    It's TOO simple of a design, for a selling website. Jazz it up .
    Twitter-@Ryan_Reese09
    http://www.ryanreese.us -Always looking for web design/development work

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have Done extremely well. with somany catories, it isn't packed up at all. My only problem was alot of the items said available at 0.00$ lol. Which is obviously wrong. But besides that I give you alot of credit. Good design, VERY easy to use which is a must for noobies.

SitePoint Enthusiast claire0917's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clean and very readable. Scrolling down, I feel that there's a lot of wasted space on the right side. Another thing is the width of the content area varies in the welcome page and in the Departments section.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good crisp design. It looks modern and light. Best of luck with the site, looks Ok to me

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acceptable design and usability.
    The content is ok - many categories and products. Good luck!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is pretty basic. Site was real slow loading for me. Not sure if maybe just time of day. What does your site do that 1000 other shopping comparison sites do not?

Your logo and catch phrase "Compare, Shop, Save" has been done over and over again. I will have to say 4/10 for lack of originality.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psuedo View Post
    It is pretty basic. Site was real slow loading for me. Not sure if maybe just time of day. What does your site do that 1000 other shopping comparison sites do not?

Your logo and catch phrase "Compare, Shop, Save" has been done over and over again. I will have to say 4/10 for lack of originality.
    You are right in that 1000 of other shopping sites also do it. That is why I am planning to go few steps further with lot of use cases which no other shopping site offers. However, I can not mention those use cases right away as they are still under development and confidential. But once they are ready, I will again ask you to review it

CrispShop.com will be way ahead of any comparison shopping portal. Promise ! It will be much more than that.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another issue I have is the footer, it looks almost unfinished, or even broken - as if the CSS has malfunctioned. The background colour looks foreign to the overall design and the hyperlinks seem to be swallowed up in the contrast.