SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Recover Deleted Files Mac?

Is there any the easiest way to recover deleted files on a Mac?

I don't know how it happened, but my entire iTunes library got deleted, I were trying to find how to recover deleted files mac but I did not get the perfect answer. Is there any way by which I can perform recovering deleted files mac please suggest me.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by ralph.m; Jan 16, 2012 at 23:08. Reason: removed unnecessary link

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Immerse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First check if they're still in your trash can.
    If not, try something like SubRosaSoft FileSalvage. It's a bit pricey, but a colleague has used this to great effect restoring thousands of photos he'd accidentally deleted. There might also be other, free tools available, try searching google for 'osx undelete'.

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't have a Mac so I never tried any software but Disk Drill is free. You may want to check it out and see if it works (that is, if the files are not in your trash can)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi There

If you have deleted or formatted files present on Mac OS you need to use advanced Mac File Recovery Software. The software guides you in recovering files with ease. You can download the free version of the software and check for the recovery results. The software can recover files on Mac without causing any trouble to your system. I too tried the same software and recovered my files back with ease.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    411 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Off Topic:

As an aside, it's a good idea to back up your files regularly, either with an online service or using something like TimeMachine connected to an external drive (both of which can back up automatically at regular intervals). Or Both. If you already have something like that, you will probably have a backup copy of your files.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can use a data recovery software to gather those deleted files. Problem is they not only get back one specific file i think they recover everything from a year ago.