My name is Maya, and I am looking to help my company overhaul their website, www.southgatecoins.com. Our store is located in Reno, Nevada.
Right now, we are based on a Joomla-Virtuemart platform, and we are looking to completely rebuild our site on a new platform that is more SEO-friendly.
Our website needs to strongly focus on the 3 main aspects of our business, without any one overshadowing the other two. The 3 main aspects are: a) the ecommerce portion, b) the educational portion, and c) the blog portion, which focuses on our company’s culture.
We feel that we have loads of relevant content on our website, and awesome inventory compared to other companies in our industry, but our web sales and visitor traffic do not reflect this. Our brick-and-mortar store is known nationwide for our professional staff and one-of-a-kind inventory selection: we want our website to reflect the prestige we’ve achieved face-to-face. There is no point to having a great site if no one sees it.
Although our business focuses on coins, we would like to model our new site (nearly page-by-page) off www.kingarthurflour.com. We feel that they have a wonderful balance of clean images and text, rich content, and user-friendliness. We are aware that kingarthurflour.com is on the Drupal platform with Salesforce integrated.
I am looking to find out which CMS would best produce the results I want, given the site requirements below. From there, I would like to find a website developer who specializes in that CMS. Here is a list of what we are definitely looking to include in our site build:
1. We want to have a clean, simple layout with the ability to customize every component on each page.
2. We want a community forum, where collectors can gather to share information about their coins and other coin-related topics.
3. We would like to implement a tag cloud in our blog and education sections.
4. We need to have a powerful zoom feature for our inventory, as our customers are very interested in seeing potential purchases up-close.
5. We want to have a Want List feature that is editable by registered users. (In other words, a customer can submit a want list, but if they purchase a coin from the list elsewhere, they can log in, edit their list, and resubmit it.)
6. We want a streamlined checkout procedure that will be compatible to our Authorize.Net payment gateway.
7. We want the ability to duplicate pages to use as templates for other pages. (In other words, if we have your design team create an awesome Appraisals page for us, we want to be able to copy the CSS/structure of the page to use on the Bullion and Sell Your Coins pages—instead of having to pay for 3 separate page designs.)
8. We want our homepage to feature a non-flash, rotating slideshow that includes a title, brief explanation, and link that correspond to the image being displayed. We want the slideshow automatically play, but to also have the ability to select which slide to display.
9. The shopping cart needs to display products with images on the left, and product descriptions and prices on the right, in a one-per-row format.
10. Our homepage needs to feature a site-wide search so any product, blog, or educational post will display (in a tabbed format) in the search results.
11. We need the shipping costs to be figured based on the product’s price, not its weight, dimensions, or shipping service.
12. We are generally not interested in “hosted solutions”. We are currently hosted with Hostgator. We would need to make sure the site continually remains PCI-DSS compliant.
13. We want the metadata for all content pages to be editable. We also want to make sure to implement SEF URLs.
14. We want to maintain our #1 Google rating for certain key words, and advance other key words. We are not interested in any PPC advertising campaign.
15. We would like whoever we go with to migrate all of our content and products to the new site. (We would correct images to ensure they are on the right backgrounds, but other than that we want to have everything transferred over automatically.)
I would appreciate you reviewing our site (southgatecoins.com), as well as the site we want to model ours after (kingarthurflour.com), in the context of this post to determine to let me know what CMS would suit my company best.
I will look forward to forward to any feedback you can provide.