SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From "About Us" . . . "to help your company attract new clients and rejuvinate your base. Most companies cannot afford to hire a full time marketing or design employee which can usually result in a lack of quality marketing materials being sent out to the public".

To me that means your target audience is people who don't know the "internets" are not pipelines running around the world and many people over the age of 25 whose greatest accomplishment is being able to update a Facebook page (or pay someone else to do it). From a crotchy older person who does like the internets but doesn't know how all those pipelines work or how words can make things hop around on my monitor, this is what I don't like about your site:

1) Your line height is too small. The volume of text (content is good) looks line a line of marching ants.

2) You have a picture of a flying bird connecting Oregon and NYC and you "overnight". Are you the Post Office, FedX, UPS? What do I get the next day? I know (I think!) you mean you send something over the "internets" (though actually are you talking about printed brochures or something?).

I am neither the oldest nor youngest, nor internet-dumbest on that vast prairie of moderately ignorant people, but your concept is not clearly coming through to me. ( I actually do understand better than I would have six months ago, which is the only reason I can say what is in this post.) This site (which I think is great) and others which I've been reading for several months is populated with people internet advanced well beyond what I think your target audience is. So I think you need to spell it out better - what exactly do you "overnight" and what do I get to hold in my hands if I open up those tight fists to let go of the money?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello,

Your site was nice, I like this grey clear style.
    And I only have one suggestion that the footer of your site was too crowded, it should looks better if you enlarge the height and move it at center.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You site is very clean and awesome look of website.You are upload your website before some check validation of website.You can use mail are proper work or not.

<snip>
    Last edited by Shyflower; Jul 26, 2012 at 04:45. Reason: removed fake signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The domain explains it what the service is which is good.
    The design overall is very sleek and draws attention to the content, I have great eyesight but the text was just a little too small for me...
    Every feature I would recommend is already on the site, i,e "Free Quote" "Application Form on the Front Page"
    Well done this site is a very good start for your "business"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all I must say, very good site.

I could only figure out few stuff like
    1. Selected navigation like Home, Logo Design, etc is not highlighted. So It is not evident that which navigation is selected.
    2. In Home page, footer is very very close to the bottom of the page. If possible keep some space after footer.

Regards,
    Savepie

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the whole design is ok. but may be you are to make it more lively and colourful...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good, easy to navigate.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there,

I think the site is solid and aesthetically pleasing. That said, I offer my critiques:

-Perhaps the striped background texture should not repeat in the navigation to enhance contrast against the background.
    -The rounded corners on the "Now Serving Oregon / New York" box are excessive. Ditch the second set of rounded corners on the gray box and make it connect seamlessly with the photograph element.
    -I like your call to actions on the homepage (Logo Design / Web Design / Print Design) but the explanatory text is too small and dense next to it. I'd increase font size, reduce the length of the copy and consider changing the text colors to match the icons. I'm guessing you really want people to click those links?
    - You do not establish or maintain consistent margins. Look down the left margin of the site and you'll see copy and design elements coming in + or - 20 px from top to bottom.
    - The footer clogs the page. I'd consider getting all of your footer information out and farther away from your main content area.
    - Your content link directly over another content link is redundant (even if it seeems to enhance functionality)

Those are the spots that caught my eye. Keep up the good work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I did a drastic overhaul to my site, mostly because I've changed a few aspects of my business. Everything has changed, if I could get some feedback on the look an functionality of the site, that would be awesome! Thanks guys!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job!Good usability everything is easy to find and easy to undertand what it is all about. Clean and simple.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took a long time for your home page to load. The images came up one by one on the white bg.

Your message and mission is much more clearly communicated than when I looked at your original site. Good.

Sorry, but I preferred the colors and professional look of the original site. This looks like you are selling candy or cheap dresses for skinny (photo shopped) teens, or maybe even some other overnight service . . .

The use of the white space is very good.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the design is well done though it feels a bit smooshed together. I would suggest adding more white space. I don't really like the use of the icons used, such as the examples of your work, prints and contact in that banner. They look very skinny and small and just out of place on that website. About the "Easy as X-Y-Z", did you mean A-B-C? The other issue is that I see that your fonts should be changed, they should be bigger and easier to read. But over the theme is good but I would expand it a bit.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do liked it. Simple and clean. Great layout. I like websites where it takes you only a few seconds to understand what it is all about. Not sure if you need to dublicate the navigation bar. Or use it on the top or on the side. Did'n understood what is this all alphabetical staff. Your works are on the bottom of the pages (Logo and Websites) I think that they should be on the top, 'cause if someone will like you designs he will read the terms and conditions if don't, he will not read all that and then view your works. It would be better if you use some zoom impage plugin on your works. I know this kind of scripts makes site load slower, but it would be mutch easyer to take a closer look of your works. So if you have any questions fell free to contact me pm. Good luck and great work

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like the site. I am in the belief however that the more content you have the better your traffic. Maybe adding some guides/advice to your site? or some extra content to "beef" the site up abit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your website is good to go. However, I must agree with some of the posts here on the thread. The Homepage was very simple especially the banner. People need to know what the name of the website is. That is why most sites put them on the most upper part of the page inside a "box" and has the largest font of all word content.

The site was easy to navigate and its touch of minimalism gives the impression of what your client could expect from you. However, I found the site to be non-responsive and could not be viewed properly on mobile Internet-capable devices especially on my android phone.

<snip>
    Last edited by ralph.m; Sep 10, 2012 at 02:15.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Get a quote button is a bit lost. make it bigger / brighter
    2. When i look at your logo (and especially on your forum avatar) i read CVernight
    3. First page is lacking examples of your work and i would expect to see "portfolio" tab in main menu as well.
    4. I wouldnt use images of dollars flying out of a notebook screen and the likes. It makes service look cheaper than it is.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the one thing that is missing are more samples of your designs that are more important than ALL of the words and descriptions you've used. You could easily create a page with multiple snapshots of work that you have done or that inspire you and that would be a more effective tool to assessing firstly your quality and also the kind of work that you are involved with. I do like the overall structure of the template because it is simple but a good starting point would be to add more pictures of work that you have done. Also price is important and I think you've got a strong advantage of being rather cheap especially on the logo work but with the prices that are plastered on the front page I as a prospective client would like to know what I am expecting to receive in terms of quality and design. Good luck and hope that helps.