SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Is it very difficuelt to become a professional web sesigner?

Hi Dear,
    If I start work today to become a professional web designer, how many time to be needed? At first what I have to do? What language I have to learn first? where I will found the learning tutorial? Is it possible for me?
    Just now I have no any basic knowledge about web design. Please help with your answer.
    Thanks to all.................

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you want to be a blogger, a photographer and now a web designer?

Maybe there are a few people out there who can do that in a couple of weeks but normally you study something related, are educated in a company or you are a nerd who learns all on his own. No offense there, before I studied I started learning all by myself as well but it'll take you weeks (or months) to get a professional skillset... this is nothing you can do because you need some money or you like to do it - you have to learn really hard and it doesn't hurt if you're somewhat crazy/nerdy ;-)

Please consider a formal education before starting your own business.
    Never argue with an idiot
    they drag you down to their level
    and then beat you with experience

dooby dooby doo silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    spolleng is an impotent part of wed doseign so you mite want impuve that ferst.
    Mike Swiffin - Community Team Advisor
    Only a woman can read between the lines of a one word answer.....

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeZ View Post
    or mebbe learn tiepin skulls.

<title class="lol"> bronze trophy TehYoyo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoBear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spikeZ
    or mebbe learn tiepin skulls.
    While that's the funniest thing I've read today, it might be worth pointing out that he's from Bangladesh. Jut sayunngs.

But seriously, it's hard to learn everything on your own. Formal education will be a motivator and a good way to learn. The best way to learn? Pick up a book and put your head down. (Or take a class, as I mentioned)

I'd say that you need six months to get to a professional level. You'll have to learn CSS, HTML, some JavaScript and probably PHP.

Learn HTML and CSS first (they go together well)To learn it, pick up a book or take a class - all of the Sitepoint books are excellent and I would recommend any of them.

Possible? Of course. Difficult? Extremely.

বাংলা:

এটা করার জন্য আপনার নিজের উপর সবকিছু শিখতে হার্ড. প্রথাগত শিক্ষা প্রেষনার এবং একটি ভালো উপায় শিখতে হবে. সবচেয়ে ভাল উপায় হল শিখতে? একটি বই চয়ন করুন এবং আপনার মাথা ঠাণ্ডা করা. (অথবা একটি বর্গ, গ্রহণ আমি উল্লিখিত)

আমি যে আপনি প্রয়োজন ছয় মাস একটি পেশাদারি স্তরে থেকে পাওয়া বলতে চাই. আপনি সিএসএস, এইচটিএমএল, জাভাস্ক্রিপ্ট এবং কিছু সম্ভবত পিএইচপি শিখতে হবে.

Sitepoint বই সব হয় চমত্কার এবং আমি তাদেরকে কোন কথা বলতে হবে - HTML এবং CSS এর প্রথম (তারা সহগমন করা ভাল) এটি, একটা বই নিতে অথবা একটি বর্গ নিতে শিখুন.

সম্ভব? অবশ্যই. কঠিন? অত্যন্ত.

Thanks.
    ~TehYoyo

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HTML/CSS is like the game of Go: you can learn it in an afternoon and take a lifetime to master it. I imagine something of the same thing applies to photography: you can learn to use a cheap digital camera in no time, but take months or years to master the art of photography itself.

I teach kids Web design, and what drives me crazy is when they come barrelling up to me to tell me "I created a Web site last night!" What they did was go through some cheesy site-builder and make a prefab site by doing nothing more than choosing and clicking. That isn't Web design. Even after you learn the rudiments of HTML and CSS, enough to make a decent site, the aesthetics of design itself take some time to grasp.