So I'm doing research for a major project we are getting ready to undertake.
In another thread, logic_earth started to sell me on Windows Azure for a cloud solution.
I've been looking into it and I've been liking what I see. We currently use Rackspace Cloud as our main cloud provider, but for the most part their cloud servers are just VPSes. Windows Azure looks a bit more flexible. The price point is a bit higher, but not anything that would put it out of our range.
I have a few questions I hope others that are familiar with it can help answer for me:
- Does it do -automatic- dynamic scaling, or is it still on the end-user (us) to scale it when needed?
- Does it operate in a CDN-like environment (the server itself, storage, and SQL parts in particular)?
- How well does IIS play with PHP (we've had some "fun" in the past with this...)?
- How good is there support overall?
- Any general thoughts on it?