I would like to put a "searchable" database on my website. In other words, I would like visitors to my site to be able to search for specific information I have in a database.
For example, lets say
1. I have a database on fast food resturants - Name - size - town - type of food - delivery status - payment by credit card.
2. A site visitor wants to know all the fast food resturants of a certain name which makes pizzas and delivers.
My Questions are these,
1. Can I make up this type of database using Microsoft Excel, Access and or Wordperfect Quattro Pro 9.
2. How difficult is it to publish the database to the web.
3. How do I make up a form that visitors can fill in to find specific information and search the database to get the results they want.
4. How do I make up a form that visitors can fill in to find specific information and search different databases on a web site to get the results they want.
Now I know I am a newbie. I have read many of the database articles but I feel that the authors think you are in a certain "knowledge" place based on how they write the articles. I go away from them feeling more mixed up than ever about the issue.
If you were a newbie where would you start so you could get to the point I am trying to with this database?
Are there any websites which will start me at the bottom and pull me through to the end??
BTW, I would like anyone's opinion about
especially about their 25MB limit for free services. Do you feel that is enough for a pretty good size database??