SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review my new Steroid/Bodybuilding website.

Review my website. I'm interested in expert opinions on the design, layout, and anything you feel needs fixing, editing, adding etc. etc.

http://steroidjunkie.com/

Truthful opinions welcome.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    site template is good. It takes time to lode your Top Flash script. In forum section please remove big google ad. It may be small ad or put ads in bottom side.

Your site look like a blog. It can be a good health blog.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Browser used: Chrome (updated ver.)

Overall first impressions upon loading: Normal load time. Nice slider, however some images seemed distorted and low quality. The colors are nice (albeit I am color-blind) and layout looks really good. Blog looks good too.

What I liked: The colors, your favicon and website looks great.

Things I would like to see: I realize that your slider contains links to your recent blog posts, but it would seem natural to have some article/blog post teasers right below the call to action for the Forum. In fact it might look good to place some teaser blog links between the 4 products you list and then place the adwords below the teasers. Also it would be better to refrain from "shoe horning" in images to the slider. However, I realize that it is hard to find stock images big enough to cut down or fit the exact size... but it would be nice.

Notice also how the text floats properly around the DANABOL (DIANABOL) image. The three other images next to this one do not. I would fix the floats so that the text wraps around the side of the image like the DANABOL one.

Final Thoughts: All in all, it is a nice site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot guys. I fixed the text floats also as recomended.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job.

Text floats look better but the margin bottom of the image is too big. IMO the text below the image is too far distant. Typically I like to pad/margin the text equal amounts from the side and bottom. Sometimes though a little more distance can be acceptable below the image but not too much. I will eyeball it until it looks natural.

Still love your favicon/logo... very cool.

SitePoint Enthusiast Albablue89's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Browser used: Firefox 10.0.2

First impressions:
    * Looks like a blog.
    * Nice colour choice.

Things I would like to see:
    * Recent forum posts, I feel are wasted at the bottom of the page / scroll. Implement them into a nice fashion in the main content.

Final Thoughts:
    * Good site.

SitePoint Enthusiast Albablue89's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liamh View Post
    Review my website. I'm interested in expert opinions on the design, layout, and anything you feel needs fixing, editing, adding etc. etc.

http://steroidjunkie.com/

Truthful opinions welcome.
    Would you mind sharing how you done the background, nav bar opacity, and scoller ? perhaps in a separate thread ?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey mate, thanks for the replies .i've done some changes if you can check it out want me to do a thread on it or just send you a pm?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a design expert, using IE, I noticed that you just don't seem to have a front page. It begins with a list of blog entries and no other attractive content. I would like to see a banner and some more visually interesting content on the main page.

Since its Wordpress, you could try some other themese pretty easily. Content is a bit interesting, but I'm a bit confused about the stance. I guess your site supports the use of steroids? With that kind of message, maybe you could include a disclaimer or some FAQs about legal issues and common misconceptions. Best wishes.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reviewed this site. i like here favicon and colors so much. site is looking very nice and cool.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site looks very nice, colors and background are really good, i only think your tags at bottom should be less in height.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice colours and simple sleek layout, the slider is nice too. Overall great