User Tag List

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Simple quote script

I added some more quotes to this script, and now it doesn't run. What could be the problem?

var quotes=new Array()

//change the quotes if desired. Add/ delete additional quotes as desired.

quotes[0]='A two-year old has twice as many synapses as an adult. This is the critical language period. After this period, children begin to loose synapses, making language acquisition more difficult.'

quotes[1]='Children have the ability to learn and retain several languages simultaneously'

quotes[2]='Learning a second language stimulates a variety of thought processes, allowing the child more mental flexibility'

quotes[3]='Children who study another language score higher on basic skills such as reading and math.'

quotes[4]='Students who learn another language score significantly higher on their SATs and ACTs.'

quotes[5]='Study of another language maintains and enhances critical listening skills.'

quotes[6]='Study of other languages and cultures upgrades cognitive skills and fosters adaptability in new situations.'

quotes[7]='Studying other languages improves students' ability to use their own language and heightens their sensitivity to their own culture.'

quotes[8]='The integrated curriculum of foreign language education reinforces content from social studies, fine arts, math, science, language arts, and health/PE '

quotes[9]='Students who study another language satisfy college requirements and receive college credit for their high school work.'

quotes[10]='Knowledge of another language is essential in over 60 occupations, from law enforcement to health care, from education to business, from vocational to technological fields.'

var whichquote=Math.floor(Math.random()*(quotes.length))
    document.write(quotes[whichquote])

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Simple quote script

Code:
    quotes[7]='Studying other languages improves students' ability to use their own language and heightens their sensitivity to their own culture.'
    the ' in the middle there -- try removing that, and if not, theres a / further on that you could try removing in this quote.

Code:
    quotes[8]='The integrated curriculum of foreign language education reinforces content from social studies, fine arts, math, science, language arts, and health/PE '
    you can escape them with a / I think so /' for a ' and // for a /

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh its always those small details that elude me

Thanks Plat! I'll be sure to give it a try and see if it works.. otherwise, I'll be back