SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using POSTED information in JavaScript

I have a little problem.
    I have a very nice Content Editor, but somehow I can't get it to work when I use PHP... rather, it has to be done in HTML at the time.

There's a lot of Javascript, including the function where it pastes the content in the editor.
    PHP Code:
     //fill editor with content

idContent.content=idContentTemp.innerHTML 
    Now, what I want to do is read the content of the page on a php-page, and POST it in a form to the HTML page with the Content Editor. (Somehow, I can't figure out how to connect to a database in JavaScript (if even possible))...

So, what I need is to get the POSTED information and put it in the "idContent.content=idContenTemp.innerHTML". How is this done? How can I read the HTTP_VARS in JavaScript?

Please, any help is appreciated!

Jazz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think your understanding of client-side and server-side scripting is blurred.

1. Javascript cannot connect to a database...well, not entirely true, but it would only work in IE.

2. Javascript cannot read posted form variables. You will have to use a server-side scripting language like PHP or ASP in order to grab the form variables.

Hope this helps somewhat.

--Vinnie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured that I had a problem. I already knew Javascript can't connect to a database...

Only, I hoped it would be able to read out posted Http-variables.

PHP won't work at this time, because the editor doesn't seem to work well with it.

Jazz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Editor? If you're talking about your text/HTML editor, get a new one. There's plenty of free ones out there that have support for PHP and many other server-side languages.

--Vinnie