SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! Images distorted in browser, why?

Guys, I'm new to the forum, and fairly new to web design. I am working on an updated website for my small business, and having trouble with images being distorted in the browser.

I have created a few images in Photoshop with some text. When I view the images in the image viewer, they look perfect! Once I put them into the web page (using Frontpage) the image becomes distorted. When I view the web page in the browser, the image is equally distorted. If I download the image from the web page and view it in the image viewer again, it's perfect.

I hope I'm making sense. Please help, I don't understand what's going on. See http://www.norseadvisors.com/index1.htm for what I'm working on. The image in the upper middle with the cogwheels and text is distorted in my browser - the text in particular.

Any suggestions? I would really appreciate any input.

Thanks!

NorseMan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you set the width wrong: should be 595
    :

:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty nice looking site for someone new to webdesign, nice work

Anyway, the image is actually 595 (wide) x 121 (height) pixels, but in yout HTML it reads 529 x 121 - if you find that in frontpage (properties or something similar) and change it to 595, it should work

edit: -- whoops. took too long to answer, read above

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!! Now - how did you see that? I can see the size specification in the Frontpage image properties, but I'm not sure I understand how you saw this.

Is it just a matter of the difference between what the HTML code specifies versus the actual size of the image? I did increase the size of the image and entered it withouth changing anythign in the specification in the HTML code.

Thanks again.

NorseMan

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks both of you, I was able to change the properties in Frontpage, the new version should be up already on the web site - looks like it's been fixed now.

THanks for compliments, but I have been using a template that I downloaded on some site for $20, although I'm making numerous modifications to it.

NorseMan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you want to find the actual size of the image, in IE I just right clicked the image (properties), got the image name (opened it by itself first to get the real size), and then right clicked again and properties again, and read the size