SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Data Retrieval script

Hello Everyone, I am very new to Javascript and I had a few question to see if it was even possible. What I wanted to do was make a data retrieval script that allows me to take data from a specific point and either save it in a Text file and then import it into Excel. Or some other way if there is a more effective way to retrieve the information or even a different place I should be sending the info to. What I would like to do with the information is keep track of how much money I made and the average it comes and and a bunch of those simple equations. Once I have an idea which way I should be going, then I can learn how to do it. During the night I have started to learn the basics of HTML and Javascript and I also took it in College a few years back.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Unobtrusively zen silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandaf View Post
    What I wanted to do was make a data retrieval script that allows me to take data from a specific point and either save it in a Text file and then import it into Excel
    JavaScript is not allowed to do that sort of thing, but using something like PHP that should be possible.
    Programming Group Advisor
    Reference: JavaScript, Quirksmode Validate: HTML Validation, JSLint
    Car is to Carpet as Java is to JavaScript