SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned Craig's List yet in this thread. We found some good writers there by answering some classified ads and posting a few of our own.

It took a few email exchanges and sending of example pieces, but we found it to be worth our time. And yes, Linda, we do pay them a fair market rate!
    Tommy Weber
    Web Services at The Small Business Authority (formerly CrystalTech)
    Quality Hosting Since 1997 with Affordable Shared, Dedicated, and Cloud Plans
    Backed by Highly Knowledgeable and Friendly 24/7/365 Support!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ten Writer View Post
    With freelance sites, its sort of a hit-or-miss thing. You can score a really good writer but then again, you might end up with abysmal content fro your site. Here is my take for freelance sites:

1. Most of the good writers out there wise up and leave freelance sites, owing to the poor rates there. Freelancer.com, Odesk and Elance are not the best places to work as a writer. The going rate, there falls between $1.25 to $5 per 500 word piece. This is not acceptable to many here. I personal started out on freelancer.com and quickly moved on after having to work on 10 articles daily to make $10.
    2. Writers from freelance sites have one goal in mind, to crunch out as many articles as they can. So that you can make a decent living as a writer there, you have to work your socks off. The result of this is poorly structured content.
    3. You are never sure of the content you are buying until its delivered. It might prove to be a huge waste of your time or you might get lucky and get decent content for your sites.

That said, to track down a decent writer, check out blogs, hubpages, factoidz e.t.c. If you see content that you like, pitch to the writer of the content. Hope that helps
    True, it is rather hit or miss. But there are quality writers there you just have to weed out the incompetent applicants. I actually get my clients from Odesk and I get paid by the hour for more than what is normally paid to other writers to write a 500-word article. Let's just say for 2-3 articles a week I get paid thrice as much as other writer's getting paid per article.

<snip>
    Last edited by Shyflower; Mar 21, 2012 at 09:21. Reason: removed solicitation

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are loads of good writers on Fiverr - you can see their reputation also before purchasing an article...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveOasis View Post
    There are loads of good writers on Fiverr - you can see their reputation also before purchasing an article...
    I was just about to suggest this. While I have no personal experience using it I've had several people suggest it to me and upon inspection it looks pretty solid. Writers all have a rating and it seems pretty easy to reject their article and hold payment if you are not happy.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    Of course there are good writers in foreign lands. What never ceases to amaze me is the idea that their talents can be so blatantly exploited. If the market will bear more than $5.00 per article, then these excellent writers should certainly be charging what the market will bear.

Just think, if $5.00 per article is enough to get you through the day, the week the month, then how would your standard of living be improved if you received $50.00 or even more per article? But alas, that is not to be because their is a lineup of "savvy" entrepreneurs that are eager to pay you just enough to keep you alive because you aren't fortunate enough to live in a "developed" country. It seems to me that those who would cheapen the talents of global writers are suffering from arrested development.
    I do believe this massive exploitation for article writer is abundant. We hope that forum like this would educate/alarm those talented writers what they worth really. 5$ for 500-1000 words is not really enough. Ideas of writing should have fair price.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can ask from some guest bloggers as well if they are interested to provide your content for your site. What is your niche and do you want content for website or a blog?? If your are looking for blog posts then it'll be good if you start offering guest posts.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get quality writer in many freelancing [odesk, elance etc]sites and some article site only work with article writers.

Check their profile, test score, client feedback. Then check their previous works.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael10 View Post
    To find good article writers, buy articles from individuals you know off line. Or else... just do trial and error online. Don't exceed your own risk tolerance, but hire someone once, and if they give you good results, then go back to them again.
    Yeah, that's basically the very first thing that you have to do. It's important that you always check the quality of the articles of the writer. There are writers that are good only at first then later on they give you very poor articles.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried PR Web? http://www.prweb.com/

Good tips for publishing your own articles and they do submit to all the news channels. Worth looking into!

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BDI Media View Post
    Have you tried PR Web? http://www.prweb.com/

Good tips for publishing your own articles and they do submit to all the news channels. Worth looking into!
    PR Web is a press release distribution site. There tips are for writing press releases, not articles. Trust me, there's a big difference between the two. Further, they don't give tips on hiring or locating competent writers, which is the question in this thread.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can find them at any freelance job sites. There are lots of them actually.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some good resources for content. However, cheaper is not better.

Fiverr.com is a cheap place to get articles but quality is not assured.
    TopicBay.com is a fantastic resource as you can pick pre-written articles straight off the shelf. - quality assured.
    Nichearticlemarketing.com is also a good source.
    freelancer.com has a lots of writers looking for work.

Don't go cheap, it is a waste of your money in the long run.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can be very hit and miss with freelancers, you have to be careful when choosing someone to work with. Having to re-write or look for refunds for poor work takes up your time, time that could be better spent on other aspects of your business.

Thecountentauthority.com provide an excellent service
    Mad Content are also good, very professional.
    TopicBay.com also provide an excellent and unique service. You can buy pre-written, original articles straight off-the-shelf. No waiting, no negotiating and you quality is assured.

There are many other reputable services out there. Don't go cheap, as you will more than likely, end up re-writing the work you paid for.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im a big fan of textbroker.com- these guys have worked well for me getting things done in 24 hours and charging below 6 bucks an article.

Mouse catcher silver trophy
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hayle View Post
    im a big fan of textbroker.com- these guys have worked well for me getting things done in 24 hours and charging below 6 bucks an article.
    Bearing in mind that the original question was about finding quality writers, do you really find that you get good quality work for less than $6?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie D View Post
    Bearing in mind that the original question was about finding quality writers, do you really find that you get good quality work for less than $6?

I presume you get the kind of quality that you would expect from slap-dash work. If you want to keep enough energy to type, you have to churn out quite a bit of content for $6.00 an article. You don't want to tip over on your keyboard after all.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optionsbinaire View Post
    I always use articles from ezinearticles and articlesbase
    Hhmm. Never really thought about that. It beats out going to a job posting site, pay for an advert and wait for applicants. But will still credit the original author, though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are looking for "quality article content" I have suggest to you one of best content provider site "EcontentAxis", that always provide quality content to me.

Thanks~
    Shaly Criston

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finding a quality article writer can be tough. Nowadays, anyone has the ability to write how-to articles from scratch not not everyone has the writing style of a professional online writer. One of the most important criteria of a professional writer is his or her ability to hypnotize a reader in his/her opening. If the opening of an article is pretty weak or flat, the person simply knows how to write but is not a professional. Therefore, take time in researching; be careful with who you hire and where you hire them; most importantly, pay them well.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly to be the best experience I have had with fiverr!
    The quality of the articles is good.
    At $ 5 and I have been pleased with all the articles I've posted on my site.
    I wish you a pleasant experience and I still your debate!

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo David View Post
    I honestly to be the best experience I have had with fiverr!
    The quality of the articles is good.
    At $ 5 and I have been pleased with all the articles I've posted on my site.
    I wish you a pleasant experience and I still your debate!
    There's cheap and there's good, but the two very seldom go together. I would challenge anyone that hires on the cheap to put their product on copyscape and see how much plagiarism they have purchased.
    Linda Jenkinson

Non-Member
    CollegeofContent.com is available everywhere.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you're looking for quality article writers, you can only search popular blogs, such as Darren Rowse's pro-blogger, weblogbetter.com, TechCrunch, Wired, and other reputable blogs, for writers. You'd be surprised how you can find writers for writing ghost articles or blog posts for you, by searching the blog comments section of those technology blogs. College of content found a few good leads for networking purposes, by way of searching one of those blogs. If you end up doing the same, please post a thread and talk about your experience in "finding quality article writers."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try micro jobs websites, search for freelancers that have positive feedback and make a test deal with them. If they deliver quality stuff, you just found a good worker.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I think this COULD apply here. Open your site for guest posts; that will give you a chance to see if a lot are interested in your site, and a chance to pick who are worthy of being your writers. Ask them if they'll be willing to write for you. If they don't accept, that's fine. At least you have someone who regularly submits content that can be put up on your site.
    Are you willing to become an SEO reseller?
    Work with a 100% white label SEO company today!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also check out textbroker. You can choose the quality of writing you like and pay accordingly. They have a cool system to set up the job, get the submitted articles and approving (or rejecting) them.