SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If my iphone visitors converted at the same rate as ipad visitors!

• Mobile visitors are now 19% of my traffic.
    • The site is not responsive - one sizes fits all.
    • My iphone visitors' conversion rate is just 1/8th of non-mobile traffic. ipad is nothing like as bad as that, it's more like 3/4.

Have people had much ecommerce success with small mobile devices once they have begun to serve an iphone-size style sheet?

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    It may just be that iPhone users are not in as good a position to make purchases. I'm new to these devices, but they are a lot harder to use for such purposes. I'd be interested to hear how others respond, though.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a non-iphone or ipad user, I would be interested to know if the UI/OS is essentially the same on the two devices and it's just the size that is different (from a web-browsing perspective).

I also wonder whether a tablet-user is more likely to be on the sofa, a comforable buying environment; whereas an iphone user is more likely to be doing handstands on a log flume, and whatever the site serves them it just isn't going to make them feel transactional.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    I found out about a product (ebook) I wanted to buy the other day, and because I was sitting in the car, I checked it out on the iPhone. I could have purchased it then and there, but for me, it's like looking through a keyhole, and I decided to wait until I got home and could explore it further on the desktop.

The UI on iPad/iPhone may or may not be the same. It depends at least in part on the CSS, as you can target these devices with different styles ... and even with different content, I believe, though I'm not into that.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."