SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a permissions problem - I can't tell you accurately where the problem is but my guess is the installer doesn't have permission to update the .ini files.

I'm slowly going through ezp3 at the moment so it may not take a whole year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found the article and installed, when I go to localhost/ezpublish/index_admin.php and login, I get a 404:
    The requested URL /ezpublish_2_2_7-1/index_admin.php/user/login/login/ was not found on this server.

Am I missing something in Apache? This is the first time I have seen addressing like this as well, could someone explain how going to a subdir of a file works?

Nevermind, found it in the thread, my bad
    Last edited by jgreen; Apr 9, 2003 at 00:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you didn't configure the mod_rewrite rules correctly..... Or something similar..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just found the article and installed, when I go to localhost/ezpublish/index_admin.php and login, I get a 404:
    The requested URL /ezpublish_2_2_7-1/index_admin.php/user/login/login/ was not found on this server.
    Am I missing something in Apache? This is the first time I have seen addressing like this as well, could someone explain how going to a subdir of a file works?
    Make sure you read the installation instructions I wrote beginning here very carefully. Sounds like you either don't have the "non-virtual hosts" configuration set up or register_globals is switched off but hard to say without more info.

If you like, post the main part of your site.ini.php here.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"go back to the shop" buttom

Hi, need some help please!
    I have v2.2.7 installed.
    in the shopping cart , after I click the "go back to the shop" buttom, it always go back to the same page,
    http://192.168.80.1/xxxxx/index.php/trade/productlist/1

where / how to change it , so it would go to a different page?

thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe there's a bug which effects the shopping cart module in the non virtual hosts installation.

Personally I haven't used the shopping cart but I know a man who has and has fixed this bug: riderhaus. You may want to look at 2.2.8 as well, which was released recently - perhaps riderhaus can tell you if this fixes the bug.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allant,

Since Harry shamed me into actually _contributing_ something...

Find this code in /eztrade/user/cart.php:

Code:
     if ( isset( $ShopMore ) ) 
    { 
    	 eZHTTPTool::header( "Location: /trade/productlist/1" ); 
    	 exit(); 
    }
    And change the "/trade/productlist/1" to whatever location you want the "Go back to the shop" button to point to.

This isn't exactly elegant -- ideally, this should probably point back to the referring URL (like the imageview page), but I haven't gotten around to figuring that out yet.

Hope this helps.

Bob

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It helped.
    It work, and point to page that I want to go.
    and I has upgraded now to v2.2.8 ,
    it does not fix the situation

hope you experts will get around to fix it oneday ,
    so it will point to the referring URL.

Thanks all
    allant

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allant
    It helped.
    It work, and point to page that I want to go.
    and I has upgraded now to v2.2.8 ,
    it does not fix the situation

Thanks all
    allant
    allant,

Glad it helped some.

FWIW: I am very happy to see that the eZPublish team will continue development of 2.2. It has a great feature-set that is still vastly superior to many other current CMSs. However, 2.2.8 was not major new release -- only a handful of files and MySQL tables were changed. 2.2.8 is mostly refinements, streamlining, and a few bug fixes. I don't think the eZTrade module was touched at all.

Bob

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,
    may be only happen in my installation, I am trying to use ezbug for the first time in my 2.2.8,
    and can not get the search function to search the local site, and do not know where / how to make the site search to include ezbug.
    would anyone help me with the where and how please!

thanks in advance.

allant

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find something in the site.ini, added eZbug to the ezsearch Module,
    and added to the EnabledModules ;eZSearch
    not working yet ??

allant

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone on this thread installed on unix without a shell or telnet access ?

Has anyone on this thread installed on *nix without a shell or telnet access ?

I'm want to install ezpublish for a client within the next 3 days... But I won't have shell access. Only ftp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As to eZbug - don't have an answer right now - use it at work a little (and I think the search works but can't remember) - pop this thread up again sometime in case I forget.

As to installing on a Unix server with only ftp access... well it's do able but hard work. The most important this is to create the cache directories described in the file modfix.sh and then change their permissions (chmod 777 dir_name if you want to be sure although this means other users on a share server can read the files).

Would recommend looking at PEAR::FTP (http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?package=Net_FTP) which makes it possible to recursively upload directories - can be a handy command line tool

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that I have to copy " searchsupplier" from /ezarticle/user to /ezbug/user, to make it sort of half work, the search show something, but not complete, and the search in bug section show a long line output of numbers, and next, I do not really know what I did to searchsupplier , need expert php !

[
    $ModuleName = "ezbug";
    $SearchResult["DetailedSearchPath"] = "/bug/search/";
    $SearchResult["DetailedSearchVariable"] = "SearchText";
    $SearchResult["DetailViewPath"] = "/bug/bugview/";
    $SearchResult["IconPath"] = "/images/document.gif";

include_once( "ezbug/classes/ezbug.php" );

$bug = new eZbug();
    $SearchResult["Result"] = $bug->search( $SearchText, 0, $Limit, $SearchResult["SearchCount"] );
    // $SearchResult["SearchCount"] = $bug->searchCount( $SearchText );

]

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry, do not know how to use code
    allant

Code:
    $ModuleName = "ezbug";
    $SearchResult["DetailedSearchPath"] = "/bug/search/";
    $SearchResult["DetailedSearchVariable"] = "SearchText";
    $SearchResult["DetailViewPath"] = "/bug/bugview/";
    $SearchResult["IconPath"] = "/images/document.gif";

include_once( "ezbug/classes/ezbug.php" );

$bug = new eZbug();
    $SearchResult["Result"] = $bug->search( $SearchText, 0, $Limit, $SearchResult["SearchCount"] );
    // $SearchResult["SearchCount"] = $bug->searchCount( $SearchText );

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harry,

Great tutorial, but I have run into a glitch.

I tried following your instructions and get get as far as the end of part 1. My glitch is my "register_globals = On" in set correctly in my php.ini, but when I execute phpinfo(), it says that it is off. I'm using PHP 4.3.1 and MySql 4 on Apache 1.3x. ezPublish is 2.2.8.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Bruce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My glitch is my "register_globals = On" in set correctly in my php.ini, but when I execute phpinfo(), it says that it is off.
    Interesting - as far as eZ publish goes (with 2.2.x - 3.x doesn't seem to mind) as long as it's off, who cares? But sounds like you've either got another php.ini which is what (Windows?) is actually using or there's a .htaccess file somewhere changing the setting. I'm not sure (haven't played with 2.2.8) but perhaps the .htaccess file they bundle with it now has that settings as default. Look for .htaccess;

Code:
    php_flag register_globals off
    PS - sorry - still haven't looked at eZ bug in details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I am sorry if this question has already been answered, but I didn't want to go through all 9 pages!

I have just installed ez3.. it appears to all have gone OK, but the problem is I don't have an index_admin.php file!

What have I missed?
    I swear to drunk I'm not God.
    Matt's debating is not a crime
    Hint: Don't buy a stupid dwarf Clicky

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs to be;

http://www.yoursite.com/index.php/admin

Be warned eZ publish 3.x is alot different to 2.x - they're really only loosely related IMO.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full circle.
    I am baffled that I am having the same problem as the first post that started this thread (And I have read them all!)

I can not get into index_admin.php, after entering admin and publish, the url in the address bar takes you to index_admin.php/user/login/login/

I'm using eZ Publish 2.2.8, with PHP 4.2.2, Apache 1.3.27 & MySQL 3.23.56 on my Linux Virtual host

My sitedir.ini has this path:
    $siteDir = "/home/southswellsports/mainwebsite_html/localsports2/";

(I changed the 'Publish' directory to 'localsport2' which I assume is not a problem since it is reflected in my site.ini.php file).
    The main index.php and index_admin.php look great (I even got ImageMagick to work). Any help would be great.
    Web & Graphics Consultant

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. First off I read all pages looking for an answer and didn't find one to my problem

I'm trying to run ez publish 2_2_8 on my local machine running Win2K, Apache 1.3.27 and PHP 4.2.3 using phpDev4.

The homepage loads up for me ok ... BUT ... the links have the wrong paths in them. I installed it to the http://localhost/public/ezpublish_2_2_8/ folder.

Now, this is where it gets strange!

The four links at the very top right of the page that point to Standard, Intranet, Trade and News have the correct path, but every other link on the page doesn't.
    register_globals is turned on and my phpinfo page confirms that.

The Frontpage link for instance points to http://localhost/article/frontpage/1, but yet it should read http://localhost/public/ezpublish_2_...le/frontpage/1 right?

If I click the link it spits out a 404 error, but inside the 404 error page it displays the referring link which funnily enough has the correct path in it.

Is there some setting in php.ini or httpd.conf or something else like that that is causing this problem? I'm completely stumped

Harry please HELP ME!!!

No replies saying you're stumped too y'hear

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To make things even more strange if I go to the Intranet section or the one three the links on the left menu are incorrect but the ones in the middle are fine!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi everyone, can anyone tell me
    how to set permissions on product-categories in eztrade?
    i would like to make some categories visible for a special group of users in the admin panel, so they behave like imagecatalogue, where a catalogue belong to the group appear in the drop down menu only, and and the group can upload products to their own catalogue only.

thank you in advance for every hint!!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allant,

When you create or edit an eZTrade category, you have the option of setting both read and write permissions by groups. All you have to do is select the group that you would like to be able to view ("read") or edit ("write") the category.

HTH.

Bob

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is something not quite right with my V228 imstallation. In my test site, once i give eZTrade:
    ModuleEdit permissions
    to any group to the admin site, the group have 100 % right to any eZtrade category that are belong to other write group. any idea on where / what is wrong ? and how to fix it !