SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    because you gotta have beer! firegryphon3207's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question about something mentioned in the article.
    Note: an eZ publish Windows installer exists -- it also installs Apache, PHP and MySQL. However, we'll do things little differently, so that we can re-use the install process on our live LAMP virtual server.
    How much of a diffrence would it make if I would be uploading it to a windows environment remotely? (ie a NT server)

eZpublish was "recommended" to me on another forum and I never could figure it out until I read your article (a referal from a post here at sitepoint ) so I originally set it up using the windows installer. So far I haven't had any problems but I haven't gotten that far into it either. If it would cause problems later then it might behoove (sp?) me to go back and uninstall and then re-install it according to your directions, but if it isn't going to make much of a diffrence in working with it.......
    Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    tinyplanet.org <--a nifty spot.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there,

I don't know if anyone reads this anymore or if it is so out of date that I'm being really slow not to have caught up, but anyway, I've been trying to install ezpublish and I've got to the 'Magic Moment' stage and when I try to access index.php etc I get the following error message:

-----------------

Warning: Access denied for user: 'MySql_User@127.0.0.1' (Using password: YES) in c:\phpdev5\www\public\ezpublish_2_2_9\classes\ezmysqldb.php on line 53

Warning: Access denied for user: 'MySql_User@127.0.0.1' (Using password: YES) in c:\phpdev5\www\public\ezpublish_2_2_9\classes\ezmysqldb.php on line 58

Warning: Access denied for user: 'MySql_User@127.0.0.1' (Using password: YES) in c:\phpdev5\www\public\ezpublish_2_2_9\classes\ezmysqldb.php on line 58

Couldn't connect to database
    Please try again later or inform the system administrator.

---------------------------

What can I do to solve the problem? I am using php 4.2.1 and Apache 1.3.26 with ezpublish 2.2.9

Hope you can help!!!! Thanks,

kemi

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kemi,

First off, I would try making sure that your database connection information is correct.

Try building a test script (test.php or similar) in your web documents root that looks something like this:
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    $db 
    = @mysql_connect("localhost","YOURUSERNAME","YOURPASSWORD");
    mysql_select_db("DATABASENAME"$db);

if(
    $db) {echo "connected";}
    else {echo 
    "no connection";}
    ?>
    Use the same info as you are using in your site.ini for eZPublish. Upload the test script, CHMOD to 777, and run it. This will at least confirm whether your connection information (path, db name, username, password) are correct. If not, you may need to contact your host for assistance.

Hope this helps - please let us know how this works out.

Bob

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello again,

I'm not a very advanced user of all this stuff so I don't have a clue what you mean when you talk about 'CHMOD to 777'. So anyway, I created a test php file with the script you provided and when I ran it I got the following message:

----------------------

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in c:\phpdev5\www\test2.php on line 3
    no connection

-----------------------

So something is still wrong I'm thinking.... can you help?

kemi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CHMOD changes the properties of the file - who can access it, execute it and so forth. In your FTP program you should have the ability to CHMOD the file. In my FTP program I just need to right click the file, select CHMOD, and then enter 777 (or full permissions).
    I swear to drunk I'm not God.
    Matt's debating is not a crime
    Hint: Don't buy a stupid dwarf Clicky

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the explanation. Ok, I'm 'connected' using riderhaus' instructions. What does this mean and what do I do next?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you believeeee it - it's working.... 'touch wood'!!!!!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kemi,

Does this mean that you have been able to successfully apply the database properties to your eZP site.ini as well? If so, glad it worked out.

weirdbeardmt -- thx for the assist.

Bob

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Help again!!!

Trying to login to index_admin.php and I'm getting error404, and url http://localhost/user/login/login/

In my php.ini file Register Globals are set to on but when I run <?phpinfo();?> it tells me that Register Globals are off? How is this happening????