SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your php.ini file, is register_globals = On ? May be the problem in this case.

Otherwise, I notice you're using ezpublish_2_2_7 - if I remember right there was some major bug in that release - might be worth using 2.2.7.1 - http://developer.ez.no/filemanager/list/3/

Course I picked 2_2_6 for the article because I knew it was solid on Windows. If you want an easy life though, recommend installing exactly as I described in the tutorial, using phpdev5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone looking for a chance to practice their eZ publish skills, there's an interesting offer here: http://developer.ez.no/forum/message/11911/

Hey there

My name's Jason Filby and I'm project coordinator of ReactOS (we're writing an Open Source clone of Windows NT/2K/XP). Our current site (reactos.com) was written with a _very_ basic PHP script. After reviewing all the CMSs out there, ezPublish (3.0) comes out as the clear winner!

Unfortunately time is a big problem for me, and ezPublish seems to have quite a learning curve (especially since 2.x seems to be lacking when it comes to docs? I know 3.0 promises to fix this, but its still quite a task it seems). So.. does anyone feel a strange urge to volunteer to be webmaster for reactos.com when ezPublish 3.0 is released?

Cheers
    Jason

jasonfilby@yahoo.com
    Not paid work but a worthwhile project and good for the CV (resume)...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of things

Thought you might want to know....

1. The "Bookmark Article" link adds this URL to my favorites:

http:///article.php/917

2. The ImageMagick links time out for me - all of them. A Google on ImageMagick takes me to their site, which is 404.

IE6 on a cable modem in the US Northwest.

BTW, great article. I'm still fumbling my way through it but at least I'm now connected to the database.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question eztrade permissions

are there any tutorial on , how to change the group permissions setting for eztrade, currently , under new group setup, one can only set eztrade -- Moduleedit on / off, the whole module for a new group,
    but not for each function that are available for eztrade
    Order List
    Customer list
    Category List
    Type List
    VAT types
    Shipping types
    Currency
    Price Groups
    New Category
    New Type
    New Product
    New Voucher
    Voucher list
    it is niece to be able to set different groups to do separate tasks in eztarde.
    can some one point me to start somewhere!
    Thanks in advance
    ( eZ publish: PHP's Killer App part 1 2 3 is a must read for anyone want to install ezpublish, thanks )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Angella - thanks for the warnings - will notify Sitepoint about that Bookmark article issue.

On the Imagemagick front, think that's a problem local to you.

Here's some mirror Sites to try;

ftp.yggdrasil.com
    ftp.sunet.se
    ftp.planetmirror.com
    ftp.fu-berlin.de
    ftp.crc.ca
    ftp.fifi.org
    ftp.simplesystems.org

http://www.rge.com

You're looking for something like "binaries/ImageMagick-5.4.9-xp.exe".

Thanks for the nice comments.

allant,

On the groups problem, you'll need to do a little code modification but it's not too hard.

First thing to do is insert some records in the database though.

The table eZUser_Module contains a list of all eZ publish modules and the ID the database knows them as - find the one for eZ trade.

Now the table eZUser_Permission is where you need to make inserts. The columns are ID (insert the next one in order), ModuleID (the module ID for eZ trade), Name is some name you want to give the permission, e.g. "Create New Voucher". If you then check - from eZ user (in the admin section), if you Create or Edit a group, you should see you permission in there.

After that, your best bet is to edit the data supplier for eZ Trade, to check for the permission. You'll need to do something like this;

PHP Code:
    // At the top add
    include_once( "ezuser/classes/ezpermission.php" );

// To check for a permission do this

$permission='Create New Voucher';
    if ( !
    eZPermission::checkPermission$user"eZSysmon"$permission )) {
        echo (
    'Access denied'); // Simple example...
    } else {
        include ( 
    'filetoinclude.php' );

Hope that helps. Say the word if not.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question eztrade permissions

Thanks Harry ,

The first part is ok, get it done via phpmyadmin, and show up all the listing in the ez admin section with create/ edit group.
    but I do not know " PHP"
    so the second part , I guess and paste into the
    eztrade/admin/datasupplier.php file

and try the first of the list
    OrderList

as following

but the result is "Access denied " for both click on/off in the edit group of the OrderList,

where did I go wrong, what to do now?

thanks in advance

Allant

<?php
    //
    // $Id: datasupplier.php,v 1.42.2.1 2002/02/26 14:28:02 ce Exp $
    , Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, US
    //

include_once( "classes/ezhttptool.php" );
    include_once( "ezuser/classes/ezpermission.php" );
    include_once( "eztrade/classes/ezproducttool.php" );

include_once( "ezuser/classes/ezobjectpermission.php" );

$user =& eZUser::currentUser();
    if( eZPermission::checkPermission( $user, "eZTrade", "ModuleEdit" ) == false )
    {
    eZHTTPTool::header( "Location: /error/403" );
    exit();
    }

$url_array = explode( "/", $REQUEST_URI );

switch ( $url_array[2] )

{
    case "orderlist" :
    {
    if ( $url_array[3] != "" )
    $Offset = $url_array[3];
    else
    $Offset = 0;

// To check for a permission do this

$permission='OrderList';

if(!eZPermission::checkPermission($user,"eZSysmon",$permission)){

echo('Access denied');// Simple example...

}else{

include( "eztrade/admin/orderlist.php" );

}

// include( "eztrade/admin/orderlist.php" );
    }
    break;

case "orderedit" :
    $OrderID = $url_array[3];
    $Action = $url_array[4];
    include( "eztrade/admin/orderedit.php" );

break;

case "customerlist" :
    {

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's try it exactly as eZ systems do it i.e.;

PHP Code:
    if(eZPermission::checkPermission($user,"eZSysmon","OrderList")==false){
        echo ( 
    "Access denied" );
    } else {
        include( 
    "eztrade/admin/orderlist.php" );

Then make 100% sure you're in the Group with this permission (note if you're logged in as Admin, you will automatically have access to everything in which case you shouldn't get it).

PS - sorry to whinge but can you use the Sitepointforums PHP syntax highlighting please (see: http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...threadid=52656)

Let me know how it goes.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    this is what are show in my ez-admin group edit, inserted into database via phpmyadmin. I am using ez2.2.7-1, the ID for eztrade is 1

eZTrade:

CategoryList
    Currency
    CustomerList
    ModuleEdit
    NewCategory
    NewProduct
    NewType
    NewVoucher
    OrderList
    PriceGroups
    ShippingTypes
    TypeList
    VATtypes
    VoucherList

and I click ModuleEdit and OrderList , and save for the group with adminlogin, after test user login, eztrade is the only module show , with the full list of the above functions, all other function work , because each of their permission file have not paste into datasupplier.php yet, but the OrderList return " Access Denied " for both on/off of the OrderList in group edit.

what to do now please ?

PHP Code:

{
        case 
    "orderlist" :
        {
            if ( 
    $url_array[3] != "" )

$Offset $url_array[3];
            else

$Offset 0;

// To check for a permission do this

$permission='OrderList';

if(
    eZPermission::checkPermission($user,"eZSysmon","OrderList")==false){

echo ( 
    "Access denied" );

} else {

include( 
    "eztrade/admin/orderlist.php" );

}

}
        break; 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a stupid question first - the test user is part of the group you've assigned the OrderList permission to isn't it? I can't see any other reason right now why it doesn't work.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

eztrade permission ?

yes, i open a new group " eztradetest" and assign the permission for moduleEdit and OrderList from the ezadmin , group edit, and create new test user for the group call atrade.
    there are no problem with logining into the admin section of ez, and the eztrade trolley show up with all the functions in the menu.

I am trying out all these in my home linux server/gateway, there is nothing in the sever but ez. if I can email the root password and login etc, would you have a look ? ( can have ftp, phpmyadmin, root shell access via mindtern where i use mc ) thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for it - mail me the details (including where to find the web site and perhaps the eZ publish admin user details) to hfuecks@pinkgoblin.com (won't do anything bad I promise).

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Detail send

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have a look over it tomorrow am if I can.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many Thanks for the examples, did it, it work for me now.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consensus on Apache 2

Just curious if it's a consensus on a issue with apache 2.0. I spent about 8 hours last night trying both the stable and beta versions of ezPublish to get them to work under apache 2 with no luck. I keep having the same problem as others, can get to the main index page and the main admin index page but everything else goes to a 404 error page. I guess I'll try 1.3 tonight just wanted to double check first.

BTW, ez.no forums SUCK! I think they purposely don't assist you so you have to pay for their support forum. Thank god you have this thread going here for help, thanks Harry!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy ezPublish _2_2_6 same issue index_admin.php/login/login

Okie...

Win2k
    Apache 1.3.26
    PHP 4.0.6
    register_globals On
    etc etc

I have the following in my site.ini.php:

SiteURL=localhost/ezpublish_2_2_6
    AdminSiteURL=localhost/ezpublish_2_2_6
    UserSiteURL=localhost/ezpublish_2_2_6
    SiteDesign=standard

SiteTmpDir= C:/WINNT/temp

ImageConversionProgram=C:\ImageMagick\convert.exe

I open the first page...everything looks ok..missing images tho (understand why)

I procede to index_admin.php....same thing

I log in using admin | publish
    Internal Server Error for url: http://localhost/index_admin.php/user/login/login/

Upon investigation of Apache's error logs I am finding

File does not exist: c:/www/admin/templates/ezpublish/style.css

Among other errors.

I installed ezPublish to my local root directory (C:\www)
    style.css is located at c:/www/ezpublish_2_2_6/admin/templates/ezpublish/style.css

What could be causing this????????

Many Thanks in advance...

The anticipation is so great I can almost taste it!!!!!!
    HELP!!!!!

Rhu
    Last edited by rhubarb; Nov 21, 2002 at 16:20.
    Sine yo piddy on da runny kine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Consensus on Apache 2

Originally posted by Draven

BTW, ez.no forums SUCK! I think they purposely don't assist you so you have to pay for their support forum. Thank god you have this thread going here for help, thanks Harry!
    How much did you pay for the EZ stuff? You expect people to write large scale apps full time AND answer all your questions - even though you have the source code in front of you - and then COMPLAIN when they don't?

Isn't the entire mantra of open source - 'hey - you can charge for support!'? That's what they're doing, and still getting people *****ing about it.

Michael Kimsal
    http://www.logicreate.com
    734-480-9961

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Apache 2.x problem is solved! Well may be: from this thread: http://www.sitepointforums.com/showt...ight=ezpublish

Trawled the ezpublish site in their forums and found this

Apache 2 which comes with RH8 has a default setting of AcceptPathInfo to Off. This means that you can't pass path variables to a php-script e.g. http://mydomain.com/index.php/article/1 then it just gives you a 404-error.

Set this setting to "AcceptPathInfo On" in your httpd.conf file and then restart your Apache service.

And it works !!!
    rhubard - think the key is here:

I installed ezPublish to my local root directory (C:\www)
    style.css is located at c:/www/ezpublish_2_2_6/admin/templates/ezpublish/style.css
    the directory "ezpublish_2_2_6" is missing from everything.

In c:/www/ezpublish_2_2_6/sitedesign/standard/frame.php the variable: $GlobalSiteIni->WWWDir; is what creates the ezpublish_2_2_6 in all links. It's basically a global variable set up by index.php.

If register_globals are on I'm kinda stumped. Need to ponder that one. Anyone else who got this far got any ideas?

I think the main problem is the code for the forums isn't too great. If you want to build a community, it's amazing how important all the bells and whistles in vBulletin and phpBB2 can be. We could hold this discussion over there, but their forum code would make a thread this big quickly become unreadable.

I can understand eZ systems point on charging for support - lack of time is the biggest problem for php developers (not lack of money as it's all free anyway ) so you have to bill for it.

Anyway this point kind of come's up in the latest article: http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/920 - judge for yourself.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACK!

I tried to copy the contents of the ezpublish folder directly to my www root..and now imagemagick is doing what it should..things look alot nicer..however, same login/login problem when loging in as admin or simply navigating from the front page.

I see this in my error logs:

Failed loading php_dbg.dll

Thanks for the input Harry
    I will continue to play with it

Rhu

Last edited by rhubarb; Nov 22, 2002 at 06:46.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Re: Consensus on Apache 2

Originally posted by mgkimsal

How much did you pay for the EZ stuff? You expect people to write large scale apps full time AND answer all your questions - even though you have the source code in front of you - and then COMPLAIN when they don't?

Isn't the entire mantra of open source - 'hey - you can charge for support!'? That's what they're doing, and still getting people *****ing about it.

Michael Kimsal
    http://www.logicreate.com
    734-480-9961
    Ok perhaps you missunderstood my post, I wasn't saying it's wrong to charge for support I was just saying that on the forums there there is NO ONE to help. Go look for yourself, there's barely any answers to any of the post, hense me saying their forum sucks. I was just saying I appreciate the fact that someone here started one.

Harry your right it probably is because the forum software their using isn't that great.

I actually made a post back to the one who mentions the "AcceptPathInfo On" because that does not exist in the httpd.conf file, not that I could find anyway. I also search apache.org and was unable to find any mention of such line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok perhaps you missunderstood my post, I wasn't saying it's wrong to charge for support I was just saying that on the forums there there is NO ONE to help. Go look for yourself, there's barely any answers to any of the post, hense me saying their forum sucks. I was just saying I appreciate the fact that someone here started one.
    No, I didn't misunderstand you. Why do you think no one answers the posts there? Forum software aside, the company - yes it's a company - has little financial incentive to answer questions for you for free if that's also a revenue stream for the (support). The fact that others in the community might not be answering questions there in the forums says either the forums aren't user friendly enough to use OR there aren't that many people using it. Or perhaps not enough people using it who have free time enough to just answer questions for free for people.
    Michael Kimsal
    =============================
    groovymag.com - for groovy/grails developers
    jsmag.com - for javascript developers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heads Up..all is well

Just a follow-up...I now have ezpublish up and running properly..
    My local dev platform was Nusphere...I uninstalled the whole package and used phpdev5....the problem may have been related to apache et al being located under C:\Program Files\bleh\etc........

Thanks!

Rhu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a follow-up...I now have ezpublish up and running properly..
    Woohoo! Nice to see another success.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mgkimsal,

I understand that. In the end I'm just saying I'm glad I found somewhere that does have help.

Harry,

I have been unable to find the "AcceptPathInfo" anywhere in the httpd.conf file and also searched through the apache docs and found no mention of such a config setting. I guess I'll have to go back to apache 1.3.

Do you know when version 3 of ezPublish is set for release? I'm a little concerned about all the talk of performance issues. I mean, ezPublish has everything I need and once I get it up and running on my dev box I'm sure it will run fine, but I don't want to spend all the time creating my site to only find out that on a hosting account it's too slow to use. I know you mention that version 3 should perform better in this regard so I'm woundering if I should just wait.... if it's close to completion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say. They've just released eZ publish 3 beta 3 (2 days ago) so may be before Christmas.

Otherwise, for Apache 2.0, how about dropping sameg a line - he came up with the fix after all...